Matches Homophobic chanting

It’s a caution with conditions attached for a certain amount of time I think like not attending games. It’s not classed as a criminal conviction but he will be charged if he breaks he conditions in the timeframe allotted.
Seems an extremely weak response to something that could have caused plenty more issues . Strange one

I sort of get the points you’re making but I do think gay people make such a noise about their sexuality. Sexuality isn’t a case of pride, I don’t ever think ‘I’m proud to be heterosexual’ but I hear the gay community often using the ‘proud to be gay‘ tag. Great, good for you, but why does the rest of the world need to know your intimate preferences ? I couldn’t care less what anyone else is but there’s this insatiable desire by gay people to let us know what they are.

I asked my daughter and her boyfriend where they were going out the other night and I got told ‘A coming out party’. Really ? I genuinely thought they were taking the p*ss with this. They weren’t.
It's not about telling everyone your intimate preferences - it's about being happy, comfortable and proud who you are in a world that historically, and still currently too, would vilify, abuse, hate, even kill people just for being born the way they are. It's a celebration of the freedoms we have that others in the past didn't and a reminder that we still suffer in a way that is completely unacceptable. One day I hope we reach a point in society where everyone, no matter race, gender, sexuality, disability or beliefs is treated completely and totally equally. But unfortunately it feels extremely unlikely to be in the lifetime of anyone on this forum.

Dick that’s unfair. Prejudice, racism, homophobia is all the sam it’s bigotry. People should be allowed to lead the life they chose but their choice is not yours nor mine nor anyones.

There is no place in football for prejudice,!racism, homophobia agin let’s call it bigotry.

Your daughter and her fella went to a coming out party………this is the 21st century and things have improved behavioural wise in the last 40 years, so maybe this is a big thing a coming out party I’m sure anyone who is gay am will tell you it’s a big thing coming out and for those that have well done and I hope most if not all of you had a happy coming out.

Bigotry isn’t accepted in any form what so ever you can’t shout homophobic or racist comments in the steeet as you could and should be arrested, so it shouldn’t be heard at football matches.

But as you and scotchers have said you are entitled to an opinion.

I get all that, the bigotry etc, but a party to celebrate your sexuality ?

I sort of get the points you’re making but I do think gay people make such a noise about their sexuality. Sexuality isn’t a case of pride, I don’t ever think ‘I’m proud to be heterosexual’ but I hear the gay community often using the ‘proud to be gay‘ tag. Great, good for you, but why does the rest of the world need to know your intimate preferences ? I couldn’t care less what anyone else is but there’s this insatiable desire by gay people to let us know what they are.

I asked my daughter and her boyfriend where they were going out the other night and I got told ‘A coming out party’. Really ? I genuinely thought they were taking the p*ss with this. They weren’t.
Imagine if your daughter came back from that party with a girlfriend instead?! Reckon your tiny little mind would explode!!!

As I said it is the 21st century we even have grand parent days now. When I was growing up it was just mother and Father days and birthdays now there is something for every one.

People will find any excuse for a party nowadays. It's the same with these gender reveal parties that have come all the rage in my generation. People hold birthday parties for pets or half year birthday parties/anniversary parties. If someone feels something in their life is worth celebrating then why not have a party. I've seen people holding baby showers for their third child which in my opinion defeats the purpose of a baby shower. Personally I don't get any of the stuff I've mentioned but of someone wants to do it all power to them it makes no difference to me. The same goes for a coming out party. I never had one and never would but if someone feels it's worth celebrating then do your thing.

Nothing. What I am saying is she is a young girl who has said something stupid and has apologised for it soon after. I’m sure we have all said things we didn’t mean or didn’t realise the consequences of when we were younger.
Yeah I get that impression too. I'm glad she apologised.

To put a slight positive on a very negative topic - the reaction on here apart from a couple of posters who are staying true to form has been that the chant was wrong, offensive and shouldn't happen again. I think if another goalie wears a pink top, we won't hear it or if we do it'll be quickly quashed.

When we played Kidderminster back in the conference days, they had a player who had blonde highlights in his hair and practically the whole East Stand were chanting the 'G' word at him and there was no reaction to that behaviour on the forum.

So......the fact that only a few raised this chant yesterday and that the reaction on here has been correct from 95% of forumites is progress of sorts, not that I am trying in any way to suggest that means it's fine!
Thanks. That was the incident I remember clearly. It certainly was shocking.

OxVox and the club's reaction was good. But it took me and maybe a few others making a fuss about it to make that happen I think. To be honest, it had probably been going on for years, but that day was something else. I think things have genuinely improved by then, but there's still a long way to go.

Comments on here have been great, in the main.

As someone from Thame originally, I'm more pissed off that an 18 year old from Thame supports them over us. In the 90s Thame was definitely yellow over Blue but who knows now!

Seen a post saying he wasn't an Oxford fan or a Wycombe fan he was just a day tipper that done it for a laugh. Kids today 🙄

Seen a post saying he wasn't an Oxford fan or a Wycombe fan he was just a day tipper that done it for a laugh. Kids today 🙄
Surely if that was the case he would have just run around rather than head towards the Oxford end giving out w****r signs ? Hardly seemed the most neutral behaviour!

Anyway I don’t think there will be an away LGBQT+ or rainbow themed away kit any time soon.

Your average overweight male fan will end up looking like Daffyd “the only gay in the village” from Little Britain.

Surely if that was the case he would have just run around rather than head towards the Oxford end giving out w****r signs ? Hardly seemed the most neutral behaviour!

Maybe he had Oxford mates in the away end and was showing off? It was obvious he was never getting to the away end and if he did he would of ended up leaving in an ambulance. Silly boy though as his name will be all over when it goes to court its not that hard to find out someone's address, also most Thame lot will know him as its hardly a big town and there are hundreds of Oxford fans that reside there. I'm not condoning violence either before anyone starts 😄

Last edited:
Anyway I don’t think there will be an away LGBQT+ or rainbow themed away kit any time soon.

Your average overweight male fan will end up looking like Daffyd “the only gay in the village” from Little Britain.
With the promotion of flags back at Grenoble road, maybe it would be a good time for the club to finance a rainbow flag or such like to show solidarity? big attendance on Saturday why not!

I don't think I've ever said I'm 'proud' to be heterosexual either. But that's probably because it's always been assumed I was going to be heterosexual. If I had one day realised I was homosexual, I reckon that would have given me some sleepless nights. How would I tell my parents, or my friends? And would they still think the same of me? (My nan definitely wouldn't have). I guess these are just some of the difficulties non heterosexual people have to go through, and that could be the reason for showing 'pride' that they've come through adversities that we've never had to, and out the other side.

Back
Top Bottom