Matches Homophobic chanting

I said I hadn't heard it and that shows that is wasnt a constant or loud song that would have been different in my opinion as per the coverage.
It must have only been a very small group and ouy of 1800 3 or 4 ?
I'm more concerned by their fan allowed to run the full length of pitch and almost make an incident as well as one of our players being pushed . Let alone McCleary's disgusting celebrations and their subs intent on warming up as close to the away end as possible and trying to wind the fans up.

Its ridiculous how Wycombe seem to be getting away with this. The most alarming thing about yesterday was, without doubt, that tw*t entering the field of play, attacking players and nearly inciting a riot. Anything else Oxford fans might be guilty of pales into insignificance compared to his actions.

No thanks.

I go to football to watch exactly that. If I wanted to participate in a LGBTQ (and any other letters you want to add on) love in then I’d find a march and **** the football. I respect anyones sexuality but I don’t want it rammed down my throat (so to speak !), just as I don’t feel the need to express my sexual preference in the public domain.

Football doesn’t need to mix with politics, religion, sexuality etc. It’s meant to be an enjoyable relaxation not a vehicle for groups - minority or otherwise - to jump aboard and express their views.
Don't worry, you can boycott this game if it offends you so much.

Last edited:
Well said.

This is the biggest blow out of all proportion I can recall. I was central in the stand and I didn’t even hear the goalkeeper chant, like you all I heard being sung continuously was the Oxford bender chant and that, taken in the jest it’s meant, isn’t at all offensive - in my opinion.

The point you evidently fail to grasp is that it's not your decision to make that anything has been 'blown out of proportion'.

No thanks.

I go to football to watch exactly that. If I wanted to participate in a LGBTQ (and any other letters you want to add on) love in then I’d find a march and **** the football. I respect anyones sexuality but I don’t want it rammed down my throat (so to speak !), just as I don’t feel the need to express my sexual preference in the public domain.

Football doesn’t need to mix with politics, religion, sexuality etc. It’s meant to be an enjoyable relaxation not a vehicle for groups - minority or otherwise - to jump aboard and express their views.
Nothing is being rammed down your throat. All LGBTQ+ people want is to be treated with the same damn respect that you don't even notice that you naturally get every day. There's a huge difference between participating in an LGBTQ+ event and choosing not to be a homophobe. It's really not that difficult - just don't chant s**t that ridicules someone's sexuality ffs. It's not an enjoyable relaxation if some dickhead behind me is using who I am as a way to insult someone.

As for the stupid comment about adding letters on - we live in a fantastically wonderful world where everyone is different in their own way. Each letter in there represents a beautiful human being out there and each letter is as important as the last even if you don't understand what they mean.

What the Wycombe fans did was just as idiotic and deplorable as our fans and I hope they get lifetime bans. But the reason the discussion is mostly on the homophobia is because it was OUR fans. It's hugely important for us to call out our fans so the club can do something about it and let Wycombe, and in this instance the police, deal with the Wycombe fans - not in the least because both Wycombe idiots were clearly caught on the iFollow camera so there's really no escaping it for them.

Do you think it’s an enjoyable relaxation for people who are gay and hear people singing that? I agree let’s not blow it out of proportion but let’s not ignore it either. Comments like ‘and any other letters you want to add on’ and the ‘rammed down my throat so to speak’ aren’t really needed either are they
The point you evidently fail to grasp is that it's not your decision to make that anything has been 'blown out of proportion'.

No, but I’m entitled to an opinion.

Nothing is being rammed down your throat. All LGBTQ+ people want is to be treated with the same damn respect that you don't even notice that you naturally get every day. There's a huge difference between participating in an LGBTQ+ event and choosing not to be a homophobe. It's really not that difficult - just don't chant s**t that ridicules someone's sexuality ffs. It's not an enjoyable relaxation if some dickhead behind me is using who I am as a way to insult someone.

As for the stupid comment about adding letters on - we live in a fantastically wonderful world where everyone is different in their own way. Each letter in there represents a beautiful human being out there and each letter is as important as the last even if you don't understand what they mean.

What the Wycombe fans did was just as idiotic and deplorable as our fans and I hope they get lifetime bans. But the reason the discussion is mostly on the homophobia is because it was OUR fans. It's hugely important for us to call out our fans so the club can do something about it and let Wycombe, and in this instance the police, deal with the Wycombe fans - not in the least because both Wycombe idiots were clearly caught on the iFollow camera so there's really no escaping it for them.

I sort of get the points you’re making but I do think gay people make such a noise about their sexuality. Sexuality isn’t a case of pride, I don’t ever think ‘I’m proud to be heterosexual’ but I hear the gay community often using the ‘proud to be gay‘ tag. Great, good for you, but why does the rest of the world need to know your intimate preferences ? I couldn’t care less what anyone else is but there’s this insatiable desire by gay people to let us know what they are.

I asked my daughter and her boyfriend where they were going out the other night and I got told ‘A coming out party’. Really ? I genuinely thought they were taking the p*ss with this. They weren’t.

I sort of get the points you’re making but I do think gay people make such a noise about their sexuality. Sexuality isn’t a case of pride, I don’t ever think ‘I’m proud to be heterosexual’ but I hear the gay community often using the ‘proud to be gay‘ tag. Great, good for you, but why does the rest of the world need to know your intimate preferences ? I couldn’t care less what anyone else is but there’s this insatiable desire by gay people to let us know what they are.

I asked my daughter and her boyfriend where they were going out the other night and I got told ‘A coming out party’. Really ? I genuinely thought they were taking the p*ss with this. They weren’t.
Dick that’s unfair. Prejudice, racism, homophobia is all the sam it’s bigotry. People should be allowed to lead the life they chose but their choice is not yours nor mine nor anyones.

There is no place in football for prejudice,!racism, homophobia agin let’s call it bigotry.

Your daughter and her fella went to a coming out party………this is the 21st century and things have improved behavioural wise in the last 40 years, so maybe this is a big thing a coming out party I’m sure anyone who is gay am will tell you it’s a big thing coming out and for those that have well done and I hope most if not all of you had a happy coming out.

Bigotry isn’t accepted in any form what so ever you can’t shout homophobic or racist comments in the steeet as you could and should be arrested, so it shouldn’t be heard at football matches.

But as you and scotchers have said you are entitled to an opinion.

Its ridiculous how Wycombe seem to be getting away with this. The most alarming thing about yesterday was, without doubt, that tw*t entering the field of play, attacking players and nearly inciting a riot. Anything else Oxford fans might be guilty of pales into insignificance compared to his actions.
An 18 year old from Thame has been given a conditional caution for entering the field of play.

Do you not think this attitude and the fact people are still using others sexuality as a stick to beat them with is exactly why there is a need for pride?

(Stupid question actually, you obviously don’t)

Wait until you meet a Vegan..................................

Back
Top Bottom