Holmes

WALLY OX

He went straight down the tunnel after being subbed glaring at KR.

Saw him outside with his family straight after final whistle and he looked like he was in two minds whether to go back to the ground or not. He eventually started to walk back.

No mention of the storming off by KR or rad ox.

Anybody hear anything?

(His hair is very long when not in a bun!!!)

I’m sure he was fed up to be taken off but he was said not to be fully fit. He played really well and is so committed for a loan player. Let’s hope he signs permanently at Christmas

I think he maybe just went straight down the tunnel to get treatment on his problematic back problem.

• React
Reactions: Ian
To be fair KR had said in pre match Radio Oxford interview that Ricky was only fit enough to play 60 minutes... He was taken off on 58 so must have fitted some sort of plan... it may be that Ricky wanted to play longer... I never have any issue with a player being upset to come off in those circumstances, far rather that than one who wasn't bothered either way.

I think he maybe just went straight down the tunnel to get treatment on his problematic back problem.

He was pissed off about being substituted, and as he was one of our only shinning lights I have sympathy with him.

Just making up stuff now then?

It was clear that Holmes was pissed off and wanted to have words etc. So if Robinson instructed Holmes to go down the tunnel then it’s fairly logical he did this to avoid an altercation.

Good management by Robinson, and good that Holmes was professional enough to avoid this.

I get the impression that the reason they both have such a good relationship is that they are open and honest with each other. Both are are very passionate and want to one do all they can to win.

No doubt at all that they have disagreements but for Holmes to say what he did when he joined here shows there is a mutual respect there!

It was clear that Holmes was pissed off and wanted to have words etc. So if Robinson instructed Holmes to go down the tunnel then it’s fairly logical he did this to avoid an altercation.

Good management by Robinson, and good that Holmes was professional enough to avoid this.

You have no way of knowing any of your opinion is fact so shouldn't portray it as that.

He was pissed off about being substituted, and as he was one of our only shinning lights I have sympathy with him.

I'm sorry but he was poor yesterday and rightly taken off. He was clearly struggling with his back, he continued to try to do things on his own which resulted in either losing the ball or falling over it.

Long, Ruffles, Dickie, Mous, Brannagan, Eastwood and Browne were all better than Holmes was yesterday!

I'm a a big fan of Holmes but he really did have an off day by his standards. As did Henry.

*shining :D:D:D:D
I actually thought he had a bit of an off day compared to his usual high standard of effort/play.

I'm sorry but he was poor yesterday and rightly taken off. He was clearly struggling with his back, he continued to try to do things on his own which resulted in either losing the ball or falling over it.

Long, Ruffles, Dickie, Mous, Brannagan, Eastwood and Browne were all better than Holmes was yesterday!

I'm a a big fan of Holmes but he really did have an off day by his standards. As did Henry.
Of course. Only scored a cracking penalty and hit the post.

Of course. Only scored a cracking penalty and hit the post.

Did you notice him do anything before that? I think even James Henry himself would admit he had a poor game yesterday.

But his off days tend to be better than most of our other players. We won so I cannot say too much, and I felt he was taken off too soon, but hey ho!

Back
Top Bottom