Holmes

Listening to KR on the radio yesterday, he implied that all loans had a break clause in January, except Garbutt's. Now assuming that it a clause where either party can trigger a return (and even in this lopsided football world that seems sensible), then I would think Smith and Holmes would return. In the press last week, KR seemed to be preparing for Holmes going back. Carruthers has played for KR before, and so of the two, I think he is less likely to go back to Sheffield Utd.
Holmes and Carruthers have both played for KR before.
Bit ironic that old Chippy loans us two players that have injury issues.

Holmes and Carruthers have both played for KR before.
Bit ironic that old Chippy loans us two players that have injury issues.
Albeit 2 players that have had their praises rung on here before but that is the nature of loans isn't it? Out of favour/fitness/maturity etc..

Well IMO Holmes played a large part in motivating the rest when things were looking pretty bleak, so if there is a reasonable chance he can get fit and contribute good minutes off the bench we should keep him. We are still close to the dogfight and we need fighters Holmes is a fighter.
I think it’s more about what Carruthers CAN do, Baz.
but he ain’t done nothing in the 4 months he’s been here so far.

Well let’s just hope that if that is the case chippy takes pity on us and take the pair of crocks back, it’s two wages we’re contributing to that could well be the stumbling block come January.
I dont want any pity from Wilder, thanks very much. If we have a return clause then activate it. By the time they get up to speed we could be in February, far too late. And that goes for Smith as well. Get shot. We cannot do any worse. No sentiment in football I am afraid.

Surely it depends on how much longer Carruthers is potentially going to take to get fixed, get fit and get up to some semblance of match fitness? If it isn't until the end of January then that's another six league matches (plus 2 cup games) - and since he hasn't been fit enough to have a run out at all yet, even in the U23s, then surely it must be that long at a minimum? If it's going to be much longer than that, surely he has to go back so we can replace him? I know Robinson rates him, but if he can't play...

No sentiment in football I am afraid.

That’s wrong.

Supporters and owners both play the sentiment card when it suits.

Chairman - “I know results are poor but show your loyalty and stick by the team and buy your tickets”

Fans - “Player X should repay us for the loyalty we’ve shown him and ignore the advances of higher, richer and more successful clubs

Everyone in football spews forth the same hypocrisy.

I dont want any pity from Wilder, thanks very much. If we have a return clause then activate it. By the time they get up to speed we could be in February, far too late. And that goes for Smith as well. Get shot. We cannot do any worse. No sentiment in football I am afraid.
Off there’s not if there is a return clause for Smith, Holmes and Carruthers then activate. But we can only bring on one more loan signing so I hope Tiger gets his check book out and even Erika check book, because only players that could be bought will cost but the ones that will be available will be what no one wants so we have to aim pretty high with the transfer fees to tempt clubs

Maybe a collective YF attempt at faith healing (Oxford style) might help with Ricky Holmes back issues

IF , at a pre arranged agreed time, YF posters/ contributors etc collectively click our heels together 3 times while chanting the mantra 'there no player like Holmes'.... who knows, if theres enough participants, it may even work? :unsure::oops:;)

If I was Holmes then sadly retirement seems the best option if he is struggling that much, just look at what has happened to Dave Langan.

Also, all suggesting we get rid this person and that person, if we want to replace them most will have to be permanent with only 1 loan remaining with Jordan Graham signing on loan. This is why I think we will persevere with Carruthers.

If I was Holmes then sadly retirement seems the best option if he is struggling that much, just look at what has happened to Dave Langan.

Also, all suggesting we get rid this person and that person, if we want to replace them most will have to be permanent with only 1 loan remaining with Jordan Graham signing on loan. This is why I think we will persevere with Carruthers.
I think we will keep Carruthers, longer term he is one we could sign on a perm deal and would.be an asset.

There's a rumour going around that Holmes could be coming back to the Cobs. I don't see that myself but any news your end?

There's a rumour going around that Holmes could be coming back to the Cobs. I don't see that myself but any news your end?

It appears he can hardly stand up currently. Playing football looks unlikely in his current condition (from what we’ve been told)

It appears he can hardly stand up currently. Playing football looks unlikely in his current condition (from what we’ve been told)
I've heard the same and I'm not sure why playing for us would help with that. If he's fit he might as well play for you as he's certainly talented enough for League One, CW obviously thought he could play in the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom