Holmes

Decisions on who goes back will have to be based on a few different factors, some may stay who you don’t expect, we can’t bring in replacements and cover in on a such a big scale in January as we have had so many loans, plus you can’t completely overhaul a squad in this transfer window as clubs are always reluctant to sell players unless you bid silly money.

We need to not sell anyone, that would be madness unless we are offered stupid money, try to recruit in a couple of key areas then it might come down to keeping some of the loanees who might not have done much but we need the bodies. It’s ok releasing everyone but with Browne looking like he might be off and the difficulty of signing players in January we don’t want to end up with kids playing before they are ready if we get a few injuries.

Decisions on who goes back will have to be based on a few different factors, some may stay who you don’t expect, we can’t bring in replacements and cover in on a such a big scale in January as we have had so many loans, plus you can’t completely overhaul a squad in this transfer window as clubs are always reluctant to sell players unless you bid silly money.

We need to not sell anyone, that would be madness unless we are offered stupid money, try to recruit in a couple of key areas then it might come down to keeping some of the loanees who might not have done much but we need the bodies. It’s ok releasing everyone but with Browne looking like he might be off and the difficulty of signing players in January we don’t want to end up with kids playing before they are ready if we get a few injuries.
There is a conundrum with Nelson, it looks like he will be leaving as there’s been no news on his contract.
Do you wait for the contract to run down and get nothing or cash in now for 2-300k and bank the money to help cash flow?

There is a conundrum with Nelson, it looks like he will be leaving as there’s been no news on his contract.
Do you wait for the contract to run down and get nothing or cash in now for 2-300k and bank the money to help cash flow?

If Nelson goes and our season falls apart and we get relegated you lose more than £200 K, big gamble for me.

If Nelson goes and our season falls apart and we get relegated you lose more than £200 K, big gamble for me.
I’m with you. If we don’t have a replacement lined up for him now then he stays until the end of the season.

I’m with you. If we don’t have a replacement lined up for him now then he stays until the end of the season.
I’m a big fan of Dickie *ahem* but he does have his dodgy moments and I do wonder where we’d be without Nelson in the back four. There’s been times this season when I think his calming influence and experience has held the defence together. If he goes that will not be cheap to replace.

I’m a big fan of Dickie *ahem* but he does have his dodgy moments and I do wonder where we’d be without Nelson in the back four. There’s been times this season when I think his calming influence and experience has held the defence together. If he goes that will not be cheap to replace.

If no hope of signing a new contract, get the money. Curtis Tilt of Blackpool being my pick

Not sure if there are many league 2 defenders who would fit the bill but Yeovil’s Captain Omar Sowunmi is a player who has impressed me when I’ve seen him play.

If he does go i would want KR to be looking at a slightly older centre back to partner Dickie, as his inexperience often ends with him caught in two minds and making a silly mistake. He needs someone with a bit more experience to help him through the game and allow Mousinho to do more work in the midfield.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/krystian-pearce/profil/spieler/62331
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tom-eastman/profil/spieler/123371

These two have impressed me when i've seen them play.

I've a feeling one of Holmes n carruthers will go back this time next week

Do Sheffield Utd want both back whilst they are both injured?
Well let’s just hope that if that is the case chippy takes pity on us and take the pair of crocks back, it’s two wages we’re contributing to that could well be the stumbling block come January.

I think if KR sends both back it’s a sort of admission of failure. Only Holmes will go.

He is a character and we need to make sure we don't change too many faces for the sake of it and find we no longer gel as a group. If it aint broken dont fix it and we are looking good based on current form. If he doesn't cost us a huge wage I would keep him.
Well IMO Holmes played a large part in motivating the rest when things were looking pretty bleak, so if there is a reasonable chance he can get fit and contribute good minutes off the bench we should keep him. We are still close to the dogfight and we need fighters Holmes is a fighter.
Is that not what we kept Shearer for??

Listening to KR on the radio yesterday, he implied that all loans had a break clause in January, except Garbutt's. Now assuming that it a clause where either party can trigger a return (and even in this lopsided football world that seems sensible), then I would think Smith and Holmes would return. In the press last week, KR seemed to be preparing for Holmes going back. Carruthers has played for KR before, and so of the two, I think he is less likely to go back to Sheffield Utd.

Back
Top Bottom