International News Holiday Makers "Entitlement"

My 🤷‍♀️ was for the fact that a family of 3 where parent & elder child had both already tested positive continued to send younger child to school feeling "a bit rough".

Here at EY Towers there are only us two, so when I had it Mrs EYMkII was exiled to the guest wing.

Not everyone is as fortunate I do understand that, so surely they should act differently/more appropriately?
Are you surprised the guidance is so plain stupid or that they followed the guidance?

A friend of ours has 2 sprogs at the same school. She had it, her lad had it - sent her daughter to school even though she "wasn`t feeling right". 🤷‍♀️
Amazingly the daughter has now tested positive 3 days after her mother & brother did!! God only knows who else she has spread it to going to school but, hopefully, it will only be mild or the other parents are jabbed etc!

Anyway.... back to holidays.

Being good citizens we sent off our Day 2 tests today. See how good the service is to get the result.

Also, both done an LFT - both negative.

5 days to get our results back.Good job they were negative

5 days to get our results back.Good job they were negative

Should have gone in the 4pm post (priority postbox), arrive by tomorrow (5/10/2021), process and should have results by the 7th if Nationwide Pathology are any good at the job. :)

We hope....

Should have gone in the 4pm post (priority postbox), arrive by tomorrow (5/10/2021), process and should have results by the 7th if Nationwide Pathology are any good at the job. :)

We hope....

Ours went into the post box that we were told to put them in, tracked 1st class postage, posted them mid day on the Sunday got results 6pm on the Thursday. Good old chromnomics.

Looks pretty clear to me?

Mum was the first case, both kids are unvaccinated due to their age so should isolate as a household contact?

The subsequent positive tests just adjust the timeline ....
Not so.(I wish you were right)

Household contacts who are not required to self-isolate from 16 August​

From 16 August, you will not be required to self-isolate if you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 and any of the following apply:

• you are fully vaccinated
  • you are below the age of 18 years 6 months
  • you have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • you are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Fully vaccinated means that you have been vaccinated with an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine in the UK, and at least 14 days have passed since you received the recommended doses of that vaccine.

Last edited:
Not so.(I wish you were right)

Household contacts who are not required to self-isolate from 16 August​

From 16 August, you will not be required to self-isolate if you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 and any of the following apply:

• you are fully vaccinated
  • you are below the age of 18 years 6 months
  • you have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • you are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Fully vaccinated means that you have been vaccinated with an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine in the UK, and at least 14 days have passed since you received the recommended doses of that vaccine.

Well, that is either daft ........... or a subtle lever towards herd immunity?
That supposition on my part is based on the older members of a family being vaccinated and the reduced impact of Covid on children.
Of course, if the family members aren`t vaccinated or the children have other medical problems it is less good.

That supposition on my part is based on the older members of a family being vaccinated and the reduced impact of Covid on children.
Of course, if the family members aren`t vaccinated or the children have other medical problems it is less good.
One of my children has asthma. As I said Johnson is a c**t.

One of my children has asthma. As I said Johnson is a c**t.

Hope everything works out for you & yours.
Stick to the asthma meds and don`t be shy to ring the GP/111 or even 999 if in doubt.

It's both.

So you can now see that the guidance that you say if only everyone followed they will be OK is, in your words, daft.

You also know that herd immunity isn't a thing given that people who have had covid are catching it a second time and dying (previously reported on here) and even healthy double jabbed folks (below) are dying. And all for the sake of simple precautionary practices (face masks, bubbling in schools etc) that wouldn't hinder the economy just to please the 'I want my (illusionary) freedom' ERG C***s.

I know I said Johnson is a c**t but I've revised my view of him. Johnson is an absolute f*****g c**t.

We hope....

Wowzers! Posted on the 4th October - results emailed on the 5th October.
24-hour turnaround including postage time, admittedly they are only in Lutterworth!
Credit where it`s due to Nationwide Pathology Ltd.

Back
Top Bottom