International News Holiday Makers "Entitlement"

He is, certainly. But the school should have had more sense and insisted on everyone being masked, it's pretty basic.
We don't think is was the open day based on what we know now.

The open evening (actually) was at a prospective school. Our school have been absolutely brilliant within the rules they clearly believe are insufficient.

Last edited:
Were pretty sure it was caught in school sitting opposite an infected child all day because the government told schools to go back to normal save keeping a few windows open. Johnson is a f*****g c**t.
Problem @QR is he would have been called a c**t by the parents if he hadn’t told schools to go back to normal. Damned if you do dammed if you don’t

Problem @QR is he would have been called a c**t by the parents if he hadn’t told schools to go back to normal. Damned if you do dammed if you don’t
Don't know. As this thing rips through schools I think unvaccinated parents might start having a change of mind.

There's a couple of things I think we can most agree on.

1. Boris is a tw@t

2. People are generally selfish and we would have these problems no matter who is in charge and what policies are implemented.

EVERYONE knows the basic symptoms, raised temperature, bad cough etc. And EVERYONE knows that you should isolate and test if you have these (or other symptoms). But every school and every workplace will have people turning up and coughing all over the place and putting it down as a bad cold.

EVERYONE knows that wearing a mask, social distancing and hand sanitising helps to reduce (but not irradiate) the risk of infection. Yet how many are continuing to do so?

And the overwhelming evidence is that EVERYONE double vaccinated is significantly less likely to have adverse reactions to covid, but there are still those not getting jabbed.

Until we take responsibility for our own actions then sadly the virus will continue to spread and be disruptive and frustrating at best, and deadly at worse.

Were pretty sure it was caught in school sitting opposite an infected child all day because the government told schools to go back to normal save keeping a few windows open. Johnson is a f*****g c**t.

I will wildly assume that said infected child has parents?
Those adults who are supposed to educate said child with societal responsibility?

Opening windows is not rocket science, I suppose if they do the teachers would walk out because its "cold & draughty".

Everyone knows wearing a mask reduces transmission.

Everyone knows the symptoms.

Everyone with half a brain cell knows what to do if they, or their sprog, has symptoms.

None of which is the fault of said PM.

Those adults who are supposed to educate said child with societal responsibility?

Opening windows is not rocket science, I suppose if they do the teachers would walk out because its "cold & draughty".

Everyone with half a brain cell knows what to do if they, or their sprog, has symptoms.

Well, I think as said above the PM is ultimately responsible for regulations and guidance, and for setting the tone - the idea of 'making your own choice' about something that affects other people is just fundamentally irresponsible.

Well, I think as said above the PM is ultimately responsible for regulations and guidance, and for setting the tone - the idea of 'making your own choice' about something that affects other people is just fundamentally irresponsible.

Not if you choose correctly.

Indoors, with folk you don`t normally mingle with, put a mask on, clean your hands, keep some space - it`s not difficult.

Fundamental irresponsibility is racking up with a child that has tested positive.

🤷‍♀️

Indoors, with folk you don`t normally mingle with, put a mask on, clean your hands, keep some space - it`s not difficult.

Fundamental irresponsibility is racking up with a child that has tested positive.

🤷‍♀️
In fairness it isn't always down to irresponsibility as you don't always know your child has it, we had a letter from school saying there had been a positive result for a pupil in my youngest's class, so we booked a PCR test straight away and were gobsmacked when it came back as a positive result, no symptoms at all and fortunately none materialised during isolation either, but could easily of had them at school with it unknowingly.

In fairness it isn't always down to irresponsibility as you don't always know your child has it, we had a letter from school saying there had been a positive result for a pupil in my youngest's class, so we booked a PCR test straight away and were gobsmacked when it came back as a positive result, no symptoms at all and fortunately none materialised during isolation either, but could easily of had them at school with it unknowingly.
Yes it's incredibly easy to catch. My brother in law was pinged last week when we were on holiday with them, he tested positive and so did my wife, but fortunately neither have any symptoms. It's very hard to avoid, which makes the right messaging from government even more important.

It can also be incredibly difficult to catch!

My niece has twin boys - they are typical twins in that they do everything together, share a room, share seats on the bus to school and generally live in each other's pockets. Just over a fortnight ago, one twin tested positive for Covid and was quite ill. The other has had daily LFT and a couple of PCR tests (as he had an unrelated long scheduled hospital visit) and nothing. Zilch. Nada. Mum and Dad are double jabbed and because of the hospital visit, Dad has looked after the "positive" twin whilst Mum has concentrated on the "negative" one. They have both had regular LFT's and Mum has had two PCR's because she accompanied her boy to the hospital and they are all negative as well.

All recovered now, but strange how it can infect one person but not another, even when they live and breath the same air...

My niece has twin boys - they are typical twins in that they do everything together, share a room, share seats on the bus to school and generally live in each other's pockets. Just over a fortnight ago, one twin tested positive for Covid and was quite ill. The other has had daily LFT and a couple of PCR tests (as he had an unrelated long scheduled hospital visit) and nothing. Zilch. Nada. Mum and Dad are double jabbed and because of the hospital visit, Dad has looked after the "positive" twin whilst Mum has concentrated on the "negative" one. They have both had regular LFT's and Mum has had two PCR's because she accompanied her boy to the hospital and they are all negative as well.

All recovered now, but strange how it can infect one person but not another, even when they live and breath the same air...
That's amazing, as they are presumably very similar in genetic makeup . We need a scientist or knowledgeable person (not @Essexyellows ) to explain this.

I'm involved in contact tracing through work, and secondary infections from covid positive households are no greater than around 30%.

Realitively small sample group (2-300) and no scientific explanation to support it but does support your the experience you've described.

🤷‍♀️
It's a lot more than one now. Nearly in double figures.

A friend of ours has 2 sprogs at the same school. She had it, her lad had it - sent her daughter to school even though she "wasn`t feeling right". 🤷‍♀️
Amazingly the daughter has now tested positive 3 days after her mother & brother did!! God only knows who else she has spread it to going to school but, hopefully, it will only be mild or the other parents are jabbed etc!

Anyway.... back to holidays.

Being good citizens we sent off our Day 2 tests today. See how good the service is to get the result.

Also, both done an LFT - both negative.

A friend of ours has 2 sprogs at the same school. She had it, her lad had it - sent her daughter to school even though she "wasn`t feeling right". 🤷‍♀️
Amazingly the daughter has now tested positive 3 days after her mother & brother did!! God only knows who else she has spread it to going to school but, hopefully, it will only be mild or the other parents are jabbed etc!

Being good citizens we sent off our Day 2 tests today. See how good the service is to get the result.

But be warned LFT aren’t that accurate, my youngest daughter had to have an operation a few weeks back she shielded did an LFT and it came back positive the following day in for her pre op had all the usual had a PCR and it came back positive so her op was cancelled for 4 weeks and the nurse told her LFT aren’t that Accurate.

Why the 🤷‍♀️? Amazingly this is the current government guidance!! Believe me I've read it closely in the last 24hrs. If the sibling had a negative LFT they should go to school. Written in black and white and confirmed by test and trace THIS MORNING.

We ignored it. The school seemed pleased.

And when it's clear simply giving guidance doesn't work what should a responsible government do next?

Why the 🤷‍♀️? Amazingly this is the current government guidance!! Believe me I've read it closely in the last 24hrs. If the sibling had a negative LFT they should go to school. Written in black and white and confirmed by test and trace THIS MORNING.

We ignored it. The school seemed pleased.

My 🤷‍♀️ was for the fact that a family of 3 where parent & elder child had both already tested positive continued to send younger child to school feeling "a bit rough".

Here at EY Towers there are only us two, so when I had it Mrs EYMkII was exiled to the guest wing.

Not everyone is as fortunate I do understand that, so surely they should act differently/more appropriately?

Back
Top Bottom