International News Holiday Makers "Entitlement"

Make rules and folk dodge them..... and I`m sure they`ll do the 10 days at home as well and won`t send the kids to school......

So anyone entering Turkey must have a PCR test within 72 hours and isolate if positive. If negative they must also have a negative PCR test before leaving. On arrival in the UK travels must have spent at least 10 days outside of red list countries, and should also be tested regularly on their return.

So what is the risk?

If someone isolates for 10 days or more in Turkey and provides negative PCR tests then they present no more risk than someone going straight into quarantine in the UK. The only difference is that they will pay a fraction of the £1750 we charge for quarantine and prevents any risk of infecting those who work in these places. Sounds like a good plan to me!

#barnardcastleeyetest

Exactly, however there is a vast difference in reality.

DC in a car with family, no interaction with anyone.

We have a local case where someone travelled to India, somehow they have dodged the "rules" (how is not abundantly clear yet) and infected their child who then went to school........ local school now has 2 classes in 10 days isolation with the knock impact on the families.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Exactly, however there is a vast difference in reality.

DC in a car with family, no interaction with anyone.

We have a local case where someone travelled to India, somehow they have dodged the "rules" (how is not abundantly clear yet) and infected their child who then went to school........ local school now has 2 classes in 10 days isolation with the knock impact on the families.
There was also the difference that DC made the sodding rules that he dodged. Perfectly sets the scene for hard-of-thinking mere mortals to follow his lead but in more stupid circumstances.

I watched with great interest the first cruise ship to leave Southampton yesterday, 4 nights in th English Channel with the highlight being a stop in Portland, I have cruised in the past , so I am a bit surprised with the amount of people who are desperate to go cruising again whilst nothing remains stable in the Covid-19 world we live in

If you have a severe respiratory problem why would you be travelling in the face of a global pandemic of a respiratory virus?

Agreed. Some of the BBC reporting has been strange recently. Siding on people travelling recently even for almost justifiable reasons and commenting they have been victimised.

My wife's grandmother passed away (natural causes l) two weeks ago and we were even allowed to travel 80km for the funeral and support her mother.

I watched with great interest the first cruise ship to leave Southampton yesterday, 4 nights in th English Channel with the highlight being a stop in Portland, I have cruised in the past , so I am a bit surprised with the amount of people who are desperate to go cruising again whilst nothing remains stable in the Covid-19 world we live in

Floating petri dish those things........ is the cruise part of the Government test thing?

I see the Park Run chief is whinging about not being able to run around.

I see the Park Run chief is whinging about not being able to run around.

I can understand why.

Four thousand allowed in a footy stadium but a few hundred can’t run a 5k route in the open air?

I can understand why.

Four thousand allowed in a footy stadium but a few hundred can’t run a 5k route in the open air?

4000 people separated by 2 seats and a row from people outside their bubble with masks on. Or 100a if runners all breathing heavily running in a line? Stupid is as stupid does.

4000 people separated by 2 seats and a row from people outside their bubble with masks on. Or 100a if runners all breathing heavily running in a line? Stupid is as stupid does.
You saw the Blackpool crowd yesterday, right?

2 seats apart and masks.... ?

....my hairy a**e[emoji23]

Either that or they have closer families than Swindon fans....

Well I think we have established that masks don’t always stay on and looking at goal celebrations there is a fair bit of mingling and hugging in the moment of celebration.

Runners all have a different pace and spread out very quickly.

The borders remained open because the sponsors of Boris like to travel - and Boris was negotiating a Trade Deal, with the intention of going to India himself. A bit of a jolly...

It's due only to the self-interest of Tory Brexiters that the borders have remained so open.

As a side point, there are 10,000 fans at Sunderland today.

When they leave I expect there will be a lot of chanting, and possibly celebrations. Not sure that is any safer than a few hundred running a 5K

As a side point, there are 10,000 fans at Sunderland today.

When they leave I expect there will be a lot of chanting, and possibly celebrations. Not sure that is any safer than a few hundred running a 5K

Well just wait til June. The men in tights can surely run 5k without it being organised ?

Back
Top Bottom