International News Holiday Makers "Entitlement"

That still depends on the Brexit deal as there were various degrees of entry requirements within those potential deals so what is required changes, particularly under May. Admittedly under Johnson, the move was clearly towards a hard Brexit.

So until those changes are confirmed, businesses aren't going to commit reform to processes to any great degree, especially with the degree of complexity of the various rules.

Then you have the impact that furlough had on airline/airport staffing.

Absolutely agree that the changes were new/confusing. Throwing in the impact of Covid (something QR refuses to acknowledge as a factor) made the whole situation worse.

But as far as EU workers are concerned, we are talking about a year ago. Plenty of time to have processes in place or understand the additional time needed to plan for re-staffing.

I am fully in agreement that Brexit has not helped, it would be foolish not to, but there are so many other factors at play here. Not least the poor management of the airlines over selling capacity and showing a distinct lack of planning.

This government is poor, but it still hacks me off when others just use this as the “go to” excuse to deflect their own shortcomings.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree that the changes were new/confusing. Throwing in the impact of Covid (something QR refuses to acknowledge as a factor) made the whole situation worse.

But as far as EU workers are concerned, we are talking about a year ago. Plenty of time to have processes in place or understand the additional time needed to plan for re-staffing.

I am fully in agreement that Brexit has not helped, it would be foolish not to, but there are so many other factors at play here. Not least the poor management of the airlines over selling capacity and showing a distinct lack of planning.

This government is poor, but it still hacks me off when others just use this as the “go to” excuse to deflect their own shortcomings.
Absolutely the airlines shouldn't have over booked but that will have been a commercial decision that they presumably think will be best for their bottom line. Ie if most airlines do the same who can we lose business to?

But.... it a completely unnecessary problem for them to resolve. 'No downsides only considerable upsides' my a**e!

Nope not angry at all.

Just people are "shocked" when their actions have pre-determined consequences.

I hate cats. :)

He’d been fined twice before for the same reason - I’m with @Essexyellows on this one,

I completely agree in fining them for taking their kids out of school for financial and selfish reasons. I just find it amusing that Essex seems to hunt out stories that makes him angry!!

I completely agree in fining them for taking their kids out of school for financial and selfish reasons. I just find it amusing that Essex seems to hunt out stories that makes him angry!!

Sharing the love from our "local" rag on a discussion forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom