HMRC?

Hasn't Gobbo been quite vocal about the quality of the training pitches?!

Teething problems aside, the current training ground is a big improvement on the previous base and no doubt compares very well against other clubs at our level.

But as I understand, this is a council asset which the club rents from? No problem with that as such. I just don't see how this is a reflection on the investment made by Tiger. His takeover coincided with the final stages of the training ground completion - in short, I don't see his inputs have had any impact on the training base?

Paying to rent the council asset I would assume rather then paying to rent a substandard facility? Also off the top of my head the groundsman we employ at the training ground puts in a hell of a shift night and day (someone else I'm sure will point towards his twitter page). I don't know what other investment has been put in but it's not a case of just renting a top class training facility. It's a shell and some grass, the club have to make it a top class training facility.

It amuses me when punctuation alters the meaning of what is being said. e.g.
“I was told categorically ‘do not worry 100 per cent, this will all be fine’. So, you can worry up to 99.99%.

And then all the saying something to say nothing:

“There are just one or two complications in certain little things that we’re looking into and maybe changing to not let it happen again.”
So, we might change some things, if we find them. And that might stop this sort of thing happening again, but it might not.

“That’s what we’re looking at, we’re having meetings this week and next week to see if we can be more open and allow people to know where we’re at.”

We going to have a coffee and a chat and if we can be more honest with the fans, we might. But then again we might not. And this would only be to see if we wish to be more open.

But in the end:
the High Court yesterday confirmed to the Oxford Mail that HMRC are yet to file an application to withdraw the case

So, that's all ok then, yes?

But as I understand, this is a council asset which the club rents from? No problem with that as such. I just don't see how this is a reflection on the investment made by Tiger.
By that logic the ground is just a Kassam asset which the club rents from
I think that there is an awful lot more to the training centre than pitches and a portacabin.

Maybe hmrc will hold a winding up order like a big stick aftera having had 2 late paid bills this year?

That's a little disingenuous.
A new pottacabin with a few pitches? Have you heard what the football side say about having a quality training pitch for the first time ever?
As for non contracted kids. It doesn't look like you can see what Is really going on at youth and U23 level.
There have been delays and teething problems with the training ground but having been there this week I can tell you it isn't just a portacabin and pitches. The purpose built block with gym, treatment rooms and more is an impressive facility. The players clearly enjoy it so much that they hang around together long after training has finished, which surely can only help with team bonding.

Sounds like Tiger is being very careful (and the club) not to go 'on record' with any substantive information. I wonder why?

I think that OxVox should publicly state that he (the Tigster) should issue or cause to be issued a substantive statement dealing with: why the HMRC payment was missed, what the club will or has changed to prevent a third failure, what the structure of the ownership of the club is and outlining Tigster's personal ambition for the club and how he proposes to fund it. In order to prevent supporters worrying and the attendance dropping below 4,000 in the new year. Words to that effect.

Robinsin's statement has had the perennial effect of making me angry, although uniquely in this case it's not him I blame.

Well that article is Robinson reporting what 'Tiger' has said to him.

What we really need is 'Tiger' himself actually saying something meaningful first-hand. And I don't mean a ghost written fluff piece in the programme in a week's time!

What did Tiger actually say to Oxvox this week?

The comments about money being tied up fits in with the money being difficult to release with the new directors coming in

Sounds like Tiger is being very careful (and the club) not to go 'on record' with any substantive information. I wonder why?

I think that OxVox should publicly state that he (the Tigster) should issue or cause to be issued a substantive statement dealing with: why the HMRC payment was missed, what the club will or has changed to prevent a third failure, what the structure of the ownership of the club is and outlining Tigster's personal ambition for the club and how he proposes to fund it. In order to prevent supporters worrying and the attendance dropping below 4,000 in the new year. Words to that effect.

Robinsin's statement has had the perennial effect of making me angry, although uniquely in this case it's not him I blame.
Why would crowds fall below 4000? Surely the core support would be even keener at a critical time - assuming current form continues of course.

I don't know, PRB. Possibly I strayed into familiar hyperbole but I doubt there were 5,000 bums on seats for Rochdale.

My gut-thought runs like this - the feeling I'm sensing now is not like the conference when the core support all seemed to rally round but more like the 'phoney conference' in the last couple of seasons prior to relegation; the management was absent, the team was not up to much. I'm sure attendances were pretty dire too; again real people at the match not season tickets counted.

(TBF the football's much better than then, at least for 20 minutes per match)

Why would crowds fall below 4000? Surely the core support would be even keener at a critical time - assuming current form continues of course.
Bad start to the season, the club, under Tiger meting out mushroom treatment to the fanbase - even now, following the 2nd HMRC situation and an as yet unanswered letter from Oxvox to the owner, there appears to be a reluctance to communicate anything of substance to the supporters by any of the directors. I think it may be along the lines of the board members reaping what they have so far sown

More occasional supporters make the effort when those steering the club make the effort to engage the supporters. Currently the owner, board and directors for what ever reason are doing exactly the opposite with their mushroom treatment of the supporters on matters of substance

A lot of us have got quite angry with what we perceive as very worrying times at OUFC over the last month or so ( some for longer than that). The worries have all been legitimate due to the lack of any real information coming out of the club. Tiger and the rest of the board - I would hope! - would accept that things could be handled differently. The little snippets about money for signings and stadium developments, for example have been mistakes. Carrots should not be dangled unless they’re ready to eat! However, after reading KRs comments yesterday, I’ve decided to cool my jets, take a deep breath and see what transpires - for the time being. This comment in particular from KR interests me:

“There are just one or two complications in certain little things that we’re looking into and maybe changing to not let it happen again.”

He added: “We’re concerned that they (the fans) are concerned.

“That’s what we’re looking at, we’re having meetings this week and next week to see if we can be more open and allow people to know where we’re at.”

I get the impression we’re close to hearing what the end game to all of this is. Hopefully they’re discussing what and how much they can let out of the bag at the moment.

The well of tolerance from the fanbase is close to running dry, they can’t keep on telling us that ‘things are happening, we’ll tell you all about it soon’ and it’s only right that, as true supporters of the club, we keep a watchful eye, but the sheer magnitude of what we all want and hope to be unfolding, regarding the stadium situation, means that a lot has had to be kept under wraps. Let’s hope we hear about developments soon.

In short, I think we should allow Tiger a little more time to get his house in order, and trust that things are moving forward behind the scenes. But he should know that we won’t be taken for a ride again. Oxvox’s stance has been spot on. Maybe a message with a sensible deadline for information imposed should be the next step?

Back
Top Bottom