HMRC?

I get that we might not know who owns the shares in the new parent company. Not really up to date on what happens with Singapore companies regards reporting shareholders etc.
it is easily available from the Singaporean equivalent of Companies House.

Another question for OxVox to ask: who are Knightsbridge Asia Ltd?

Thanks for the clarity, a fine post if I may, as an amateur.

I hope I do detect an inference that papers are unwilling to run pieces that show their advertisers and 'influencers' (such as council leaders etc) in a bad light? (rhetorical q)

I'm not sure I agree that the destruction of investigative reporting is less of an issue locally. In a way it's more important since there is still (and because it's their USP it should remain in an attenuated form) some real investigation in national papers & TV while the concentration of content producing resource (the modern name, right) outside the locale surely destroys any capability (let alone the will, which I mentioned above) to implement local investigations. And I'll warrant that by sheer number and likeliness to affect individuals (if not monetary value) local corruption and incompetence is not less than the national.

I'll stop now.
Big admirer of Sam Harris and the waking up podcast and his refusal to accept advertising for fear it would sully his independent political thought.

This is a really worrying situation. Over the weekend I also wrote to the club personally with a list of questions as I was overseas during the recent Oxvox meeting. I also spoke to Colin over the weekend to express my support for the committees open letter. This is a time when all fans really need to come together and demand answers from the board.

It’s unacceptable that the board since day one haven’t answered a number of key questions, have so far ignored oxvox’s letter and for those of you wondering no I didn’t even get any form of reply from the club either.

Some very urgent questions need answering has HMRC been paid? Why the radio silence on this? Is there cash flow issues? If not how the hell has this happened again and what changes or assurances are being made to prevent any other scenarios like this?

Much like I did at Oxvox’s meeting with Tiger a few months ago I asked the club:

What’s the shareholding breakdown of the holding company and/or club? How is the club being financed?

What are the directors roles and responsibilities?

What’s the plan in regards acquiring a stadium as we’ve heard conflicting views?

What is the plan to make the club sustainable including bein LG sustainable at a higher level such as championship? Basically what’s the plan??? Player trading, sustainability, someone acting as a sugar daddy?

Did Darryl Eales wipe of the debt as he promised he’d do? If not what is our debt level and to whom?

When will the charge over the club by Darryl be removed and how can we break even if future revenues are going to Darryl from player sales?

What’s the update with arbitration with Firoka?

OUFC may be a private company but we are paying customers and it’s a key part of the local community and it is a club that matters to a lot of people. Failing to engage with supporters, avoiding questions and winding up orders is not acceptable and fans deserve answers.

As I said I fully support oxvox’s stance and it’s reassuring to see many on here are equally concerned we must keep demanding answers as right now the club’s very future could be at stake. We are not asking complicated questions but they are vital and I hope that more and more fans will share there concerns. Hopefully they will also see just how critical it is that we support oxvox and each other by asking these questions as if our club is in trouble or we have a right to know. Also, if the board does not value supporters views we have a right to demand that they do as supporters are the lifeblood of our club.

Some really good valid points raised there lads, my problem now is just don't believe a word they say anymore.

So far it's all been soundbites and bullshit which is indeed extremely worrying!

OUFC may be a private company but we are paying customers and it’s a key part of the local community and it is a club that matters to a lot of people. Failing to engage with supporters, avoiding questions and winding up orders is not acceptable and fans deserve answers.

I consider that, we, the fans, are investors. We may not have a shareholding in the limited entity (unless you are Sarge) but considerable money, time, effort & emotion is invested in this dear football club on a regular basis. Feeding the faithful scraps of generic soundbites and taking them for granted will not bode well in the long-term for any owner.

To paraphrase the words of an esteemed and popular chairperson of another club: Tiger, Where are you? Let's be havin' you!

This is a really worrying situation. Over the weekend I also wrote to the club personally with a list of questions as I was overseas during the recent Oxvox meeting. I also spoke to Colin over the weekend to express my support for the committees open letter. This is a time when all fans really need to come together and demand answers from the board.

It’s unacceptable that the board since day one haven’t answered a number of key questions, have so far ignored oxvox’s letter and for those of you wondering no I didn’t even get any form of reply from the club either.

Some very urgent questions need answering has HMRC been paid? Why the radio silence on this? Is there cash flow issues? If not how the hell has this happened again and what changes or assurances are being made to prevent any other scenarios like this?

Much like I did at Oxvox’s meeting with Tiger a few months ago I asked the club:

What’s the shareholding breakdown of the holding company and/or club? How is the club being financed?

What are the directors roles and responsibilities?

What’s the plan in regards acquiring a stadium as we’ve heard conflicting views?

What is the plan to make the club sustainable including bein LG sustainable at a higher level such as championship? Basically what’s the plan??? Player trading, sustainability, someone acting as a sugar daddy?

Did Darryl Eales wipe of the debt as he promised he’d do? If not what is our debt level and to whom?

When will the charge over the club by Darryl be removed and how can we break even if future revenues are going to Darryl from player sales?

What’s the update with arbitration with Firoka?

As I said I fully support oxvox’s stance and it’s reassuring to see many on here are equally concerned we must keep demanding answers as right now the club’s very future could be at stake. We are not asking complicated questions but they are vital and I hope that more and more fans will share there concerns. Hopefully they will also see just how critical it is that we support oxvox and each other by asking these questions as if our club is in trouble or we have a right to know. Also, if the board does not value supporters views we have a right to demand that they do as supporters are the lifeblood of our club.
I sometimes wonder if, due to this internet age we live in, myself and others are indeed over reacting over all this. When you get involved in forums you can lose a bit of perspective. As people point out, there wasn’t this form of communication and information/rumour sharing in the past. People just rocked up to games, then went home and waited for the next one. Then, however, you read a post like this and from other people with a lot more knowledge about what’s going on, and you realise that, if they’re this concerned, things really are in a bad way.

I hope pressure is kept on the owners until we get the answers that, basic courteousness alone, we should expect.

I sometimes wonder if, due to this internet age we live in, myself and others are indeed over reacting over all this.

I don't think that's right. The fact is, we are better informed than we were previously (or a least, there is more information out there - some of it is simply wrong!). In this case, there are facts. Thanks to the internet (not the club), we found out that they have missed payment AGAIN, the club then told us the money would be paid (it wasn't) and (again no thanks to the club) we found out that a winding up order had been issued. We STILL have had no official word that it has been paid, no explanation for the non-payment, no real communication from the club hierarchy about their plans (five possible stadium sites? Riiight...), nothing at all. (Sorry but Chris Williams ghost written pieces don't count)

Tiger might think it isn't 'our' club. I think it's time to let him know that it is.

Edit - and you are correct 'basic courteousness' and business practice would surely mean that you relpy meaningfully to communications from your 'customers'.

At what point I wonder will OUFC employees concerned for their future tenure, start feeding associates what they know.....or are they as much in the dark as us?

I’ve been surprised how little of the normal tittle tattle seems to have escaped the cauldron of Grenoble.

How much could we save on potential loans or transfers in January if we pretend for another few weeks that we are struggling a bit for money?

How much could we save on potential loans or transfers in January if we pretend for another few weeks that we are struggling a bit for money?
If players think the club are struggling to pass on the PAYE they collect to taxman, I am not sure that would be much of a selling point!

You see I haven`t asked anything as probing.
I only wanted official confirmation that the HMRC issue had been resolved.
As it stands the only way "we" will find out is on December 19th when the case is (hopefully) closed with no further action.

Will I be willing to invest my hard earned come ST renewal next season with a business that doesn`t appear to care about me as a long standing customer??
Will I find a better way of getting rid of £250 and just pay for the games I attend?

The time has come and gone for a statement from OUFC regarding the mess our club appears to be in.

The club are quite happy to send tweets advertising deals at the club shop or the one that has just been post for half season ticket sales. That’s all very well indeed but with the rumblings that are brewing on social media and the fact that BBC Oxford’s announcement that they believe that HMRC have been paid you would think that a bit of professionalism and a bit of courtesy to confirm BBC Oxfords announcement. Likewise are they obliged to, I think most on here would like an announcement just to see where we are.

C’mon Tiger, Niall give us a statement.

I don't like what's going on really really don't like it but this we MUST be told ,why should they tell us it's there business not ours .Its my choice to support OUFC which i have done for 50 plus years i buy my ST every year in the hope of a good season. We have no right to know anything forget about PR you can spin anything any way you like best to say nothing, as i said before i don't like but that's the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom