HMRC?

Is Tim Davies actually 'fit for purpose'? how the f**k can a so-called financial director allow a SECOND HMRC winding-up order be served on OUFC in less than 12 months?

Tim, it appears, is actually NOT very nice and ...on the back of this own goal that HE has scored, EXTREMELY DIM too :oops::rolleyes:o_O
Its only the MD who rudely doesnt reply to my emails ... Im not surprised HMRC have issued another winding up order against OUFC , maybe the tax wasnt paid because those tasked with it were, as you say @MarkG , too busy lurking on YF, instead of doing what they're paid to do ...including paying OUFC's TAX bills ? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Sarge..you are being far too simplistic.

I’m sure the FD was aware of the situation.

It is probably more of a case that Tiger knew someone else would be sharing financial responsibility, so he was stringing out paying bills till that was the case. Despite what was said about the first time this happened a few months ago, reckon DE was doing the same.

To basically say the new FD is clueless is ridiculous, look at where he has worked previously. He has held a number of senior finance positions.

But..although I think you have gone a bit over the top here, it doesn’t help when we don’t have a clear idea of what is going on. It looks like the new board is now complete, so I look forward to hearing about a clear vision for the club and a clear statement regarding the finances.

I’m not one of those fans who expect the club to tell us everything about everything but I do think we get too many sound bytes. There needs to be a better balance between PR and actual progress.

ERR havent you seen that HMRC have a court hearing set for the winding up order
it doesnt do any good trying to play games with HMRC especially after one occouring already this year at OUFC
what I do KNOW is that a Director of Finance IS ultimately responsible for ALL matters involving finance , including paying tax bills to HMRC
OUFC havent paid tax on time, again, Tim Davies IS OUFC Director of Finance... maths never was my strong point, but adding the two facts 1) Tim Davies is OUFC Director of Finance 2) HMRC have issued a(nother) winding up order against OUFC , the second in 2018. ... I dont think Im a million miles off by pointing at Tim Davies ? ....... he probably needs a bagman/ assistant as you rightly point out , he hasnt been in the job too long, dont s'pose you could spare Robin to help Tim out on this one, could you @battman ? ;););)

Ultimately the buck does stop with him, but I just think it's far too simplistic to blame him and only him. If he was here for both winding up orders, then yes throw the book at him, but he wasn't. These winding-up orders are more systematic of the club (and Tiger), than our finance director.

Good Grief you lot - what is all the fuss about.

We just miss a payment to increase the tension before adding a new investor - works every time!!!!!

Ultimately the buck does stop with him, but I just think it's far too simplistic to blame him and only him. If he was here for both winding up orders, then yes throw the book at him, but he wasn't. These winding-up orders are more systematic of the club (and Tiger), than our finance director.
fair enough :).... yep our intrepid owner, as we all know from his inability to grasp the concept of time ,( arriving late for a pre match, limited time ff, announcing various things will happen in X weeks, and they dont) , and the significance of keeping things on time. Which appears to have had a trickle down effect in the admin side of OUFC , ....as Tim hasnt paid the tax bill! :cautious:

if you dont keep to deadlines ....as Tobi Legend sang TIME will pass you by :cool:

Last edited:
Well, has there ever been a more topsy-turvy rollercoaster of a day in the clubs history?! A billionaire director announced alongside a winding up petition being lodged.. there’s obviously more to come from both story’s but it’s hard not to think they’re linked somewhere.

Maybe Thohir is still looking to take the club over but there’s been some sort of delay? Let’s hope things get sorted ASAP and we get some sort of explanation. It’s hard to understand how this has happened twice in eight months.

Can’t see what the big deal is, we’ve got orange shirts and a new training ground!! Can’t people just be happy for once now we have our sights set on promotion to the championship?!

On a more serious note Tiger (IMO) never had or has the money to fund the club (hence the IOU and it hasn’t been paid because there was a delay in Thohir coming who does have the cash.

I don’t care whether he bought Dickie or reseeded the training ground I think it’s been fairly obvious from the start he’s not got much cash (in footballing terms). I really hope Thohir coming in is the answer but who knows.

I said during the summer I’d give it until the transfer window closed and none of the thoughts/fears I had then have been aliviated by our snazzy tied owner and his band of businessmen board members.

The futures bright, the futures orange.

Sarge..you are being far too simplistic.

I’m sure the FD was aware of the situation.

It is probably more of a case that Tiger knew someone else would be sharing financial responsibility, so he was stringing out paying bills till that was the case. Despite what was said about the first time this happened a few months ago, reckon DE was doing the same.

To basically say the new FD is clueless is ridiculous, look at where he has worked previously. He has held a number of senior finance positions.

But..although I think you have gone a bit over the top here, it doesn’t help when we don’t have a clear idea of what is going on. It looks like the new board is now complete, so I look forward to hearing about a clear vision for the club and a clear statement regarding the finances.

I’m not one of those fans who expect the club to tell us everything about everything but I do think we get too many sound bytes. There needs to be a better balance between PR and actual progress.

thing is @Upthecowboys .... as it stands , it is simplistic , very simplistic ...FD gets a tax bill FD pays it, all is good with the world ( or at least the taxman)..... If HMRC want you to pay due tax by a certain deadline, they dont consider that the chairman is rubbish at keeping to his own schedules, never mind those schedules set by Her Majesties Revenue and Customs, FD employed / appointed to oversee finance of OUFC, HMRC want their due tax, FD, for whatever reason, doesnt pay OUFC taxbill on time, ...result, the second winding up order hearing against OUFC, issued by HMRC, which isn't issued lightly, in under 8 months. Unprofessional in my book. Though , Im just a simplistic Headington chap :oops:

thing is @Upthecowboys .... as it stands , it is simplistic , very simplistic ...FD gets a tax bill FD pays it, all is good with the world ( or at least the taxman)..... If HMRC want you to pay due tax by a certain deadline, they dont consider that the chairman is rubbish at keeping to his own schedules, never mind those schedules set by Her Majesties Revenue and Customs, FD employed / appointed to oversee finance of OUFC, HMRC want their due tax, FD, for whatever reason, doesnt pay OUFC taxbill on time, ...result, the second winding up order hearing against OUFC, issued by HMRC, which isn't issued lightly, in under 8 months. Unprofessional in my book. Though , Im just a simplistic Headington chap :oops:

You no know details and cant stop calling staff, clueless, idiotic and unprofessional. Top effort.

Do we know a date of when this one should have been paid by?
Hasn't the new finance director only been around less than a month? If so, should we be asking about the previous finance director?

I posted this article at the time the previous notice of a winding up petition was filed (not a winding up order, there is a difference) which suggests that HMRC use notice as a blunt weapon, effectively making it a collection tool. As nobody that still has two pennies to rub together wants the petition to be published, let alone get to the stage where an order is granted, just about everyone settles the bill within the week to avoid just that.

If you don't see an official OUFC notice stating that the arrears has been cleared by this time next week, then we really should start to worry, but remember that Southend used to have these notices filed so often that they didn't even make the local press......

Matters not who is responsible. Fact is HMRC are owed a sum of money. The club has not paid its debts. Why? No money? cash flow problem? Forgot? Didn't want to?
Whatever the reason, whatever the motivation, the club is now being viewed in a negative light by a very serious, official and powerful section of the financial world. Not a very welcome situation to be in.

As to the finance director, if that was me and I had just taken on the role, I would be asking some very, very serious questions of my new employer.

I’m sure Mr Thohir has deep enough pockets to sort this one out.

Nothing to see here!

Dam these pesky admin oversights!

If we're not paying the taxman or the landlord, where exactly is the cash?

Back
Top Bottom