HMRC?

Why would they be?

Darryl kicked the whole service issue off against Kassam, so I believe these costs should have been considered/agreed in the (future) payments made to Darryl. e.g. Darryl should take some or all of this pain financially.

Well this has pissed right on ur parade hasn’t it charlie and Myles.

Dam it the club isn’t in impending danger, the bat symbol was turned on by mistake. Stand by ur beds, something else dreadful will be along soon u can jump on and blame Oxvox for
I think this needs posting so people can see only regarding this 1 item not others

That proves that it wasn't issued in error, Oxford United missed that payment, thanks.

That proves that it wasn't issued in error, Oxford United missed that payment, thanks.
Are you stupid or what? I am not disputing the fact it was paid late or that it takes a while to raise a WUP I am saying it was issued on the 16th and paid on the 15th and therefore withdrawn as money paid.

Are you stupid or what? I am not disputing the fact it was paid late or that it takes a while to raise a WUP I am saying it was issued on the 16th and paid on the 15th and therefore withdrawn as money paid.
No, you’ve been saying that it was wrongly issued. As yet I’ve seen no evidence of that. You keep saying that it was paid on 15th but where does that come from?

No, you’ve been saying that it was wrongly issued. As yet I’ve seen no evidence of that. You keep saying that it was paid on 15th but where does that come from?

This...they paid late and received a WUP that wasn't issued by mistake...and there's no excuse for the personal abuse Banbury2018.

The winding up petition was withdrawn due to payment having been made before it was issued. I believe that was on record from a number of sources at the time but admittedly can't find the references now. But it both shows an incompetence and complacency by the club, but also that factually this petition was withdrawn and therefore only 2 have been formally logged against the club. This is still pretty shocking and nothing to be proud of, but at a time when people are demanding honesty it is also important not to distort the facts to make a shitty situation even worse.

The winding up petition was withdrawn due to payment having been made before it was issued. I believe that was on record from a number of sources at the time but admittedly can't find the references now. But it both shows an incompetence and complacency by the club, but also that factually this petition was withdrawn and therefore only 2 have been formally logged against the club. This is still pretty shocking and nothing to be proud of, but at a time when people are demanding honesty it is also important not to distort the facts to make a shitty situation even worse.
Do you want to read that through again? "Withdrawn before it was issued" How does that work?

Do you want to read that through again? "Withdrawn before it was issued" How does that work?
It takes a number of days to proceed with a winding up petition. Between this starting and being recorded, payment was made. Therefore the petition was withdrawn.

So, not issued?
I go overdrawn on Monday, the bank sends me a letter that I recieve on Thursday telling me that I need to put money in my account or face charges, I explain that my wages went in Tuesday so the issue no longer applies.

I'm this case the letter was issued, but then withdrawn. Therefore the petition does not sit on record.

Yes but then withdrawn as payment had been made albeit late
So, legal action had been instigated to collect funds. This would have resulted in further costs which would, no doubt, be passed onto the club to settle.
I am still of the opinion though that the WUP existed and was in the application to court process. The courts had, indeed, been petitioned to wind up OUFC.

Jesus Christ, are you joking? Should we all rejoice in the knowledge that two of the four WUP's we've faced have not actually been filed? The fact Four WUP's have almost been filed against the club is embarrassing and incredibly s**t, the fact 2 of them 'allegedly' haven't actually been filed is, at most, the most temporary or reprieves.

So, legal action had been instigated to collect funds. This would have resulted in further costs which would, no doubt, be passed onto the club to settle.
I am still of the opinion though that the WUP existed and was in the application to court process. The courts had, indeed, been petitioned to wind up OUFC.
Indeed. Bottom line is the WUP was issued by the court. HMRC subsequently confirmed that they had received payment and no further action was taken. It’s as simple as that; there really is no need for all this twisting to suggest that the petition was wrongly issued.

The fact that people, one of whom is clearly close to the club, are trying to downplay the significance of the WUPs rings alarm bells to me.

Back
Top Bottom