HMRC?

If only things were as black and white as that, do you know how each Asian owners business’s are structured, have you really checked whether the other Thai owners are struggling transferring money into the country.
Not aimed at you but there is a lot of conjecture without knowing the full facts, that is partly the fault of the current owners lack of communication, but he will not put business sensitive stuff in the general arena of course.
This is a very frustrating time for all of us, we just need a clarification of these issues to calm everyone’s nerves.
Whoosh :ROFLMAO:

But that's not how the ticketing companies operate - the ticketing company will sell the tickets to Pompey fans at face value, deduct their fees from the money taken in and send the net balance to OUFC.
Of all the crap going on at OUFC at the moment, I'm not sure the ticketing problems can be laid at the clubs door.
It's even simpler than that... Oxford United have their own ticket office and staff, which we've all been to countless times.
For each game - certainly games like this where away section will be sold out - OUFC send to the away club all of the tickets for that section.
The away club then sells the tickets to their fans however they chose to manage that (I think that Pompey sold out to season ticket holders before general sale)
The away club then hand over the tickets to the paying fan if they buy in person or post them out if they were purchased online, or by phone.
The away club complete a reconciliation to OUFC confirming how many tickets were sold, return any unsold tickets (not relevant to Saturday) and then remit payment to OUFC

If you think about its the same process we follow when buying away tickets from OUFC... we get the tickets from OUFC not a third party. In short, this story is total and utter bull s**t.

Sorry, but this should never be a cashflow issue or money transfer issue. The club knows how much staff are paid, so they know how much the PAYE bill will be. It is entirely predictable, and therefore, there is no excuse for not ensuring the cash is available well in advance to make payment.

I have no confidence in Tiger and I doubt he has the liquid funds needed to run the club.

Not as easy as you suggest due to money laundering regulations. We're not looking at a couple of quid on PayPal here!!

Possibly not but no excuses here, it’s P**s poor, nothing ever changes at OUFC!!!

Any money currently in transit to convert into pound sterling has just lost a lot of value!
If the pound goes down then other currencies will get more pounds for their money, not less. So the delay may mean that when Tiger's money arrives it is worth a bit more. Lose change for a, striker maybe???

Tiger did allude to some unexpected costs recently, but you'd think that he'd learn to monitor cash flow with the MD and FD to project where short falls would be weeks in advance, not as it is, presumably days.

No you aren’t being thick. Pay slip says £1000 gross and say £700 net to the footballer.

The club only has to pay £700 to the footballer. With available cash.

Then a month later the club has to pay the other £300 to tax man.

Where does the £300 come from ?
Well I was being a bit thick, but thanks anyway for making it clear. Just need OUFC to make sure the gross total is there in the first place to ensure no further issues with HMRC

Back
Top Bottom