HMRC?

Maybe the instant access account wasn't what it seemed. who knows..high finance and all that
does Paypal operate in Thailand? .... dead easy to tranfer funds that way (Freinds n Family paypal option avoids paypals 4/5% handling fee too)

Is this the "unexpected expenditure" that "will benefit he club long term" that could not be divulged due to ongoing legal reasons that caused the HMRC fiasco?????

Excuse the silly question but how does this benefit the club?

Surely it’s Celtic that would pay that ? It was them that loaned him out to get developed before selling to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Kelleher still our player? With him, Pekalski and Dai we are starting to get in the habit of signing players who never actually play for us.
And the fact we have just spent a 5 figure sum on compensation makes this another laughable moment in our season! Those 5 figures could have been invested in our squad but instead, it's been spent on a player that I haven't seen play for us - even once!

And the fact we have just spent a 5 figure sum on compensation makes this another laughable moment in our season! Those 5 figures could have been invested in our squad but instead, it's been spent on a player that I haven't seen play for us - even once!

Where does it say we spent it ?

Well it says they were awarded a 5 figure sum in November. I can only assume it was us that paid it.

"eterhead have been awarded a five-figure sum as a result of former player Fiacre Kelleher’s move from Celtic to Oxford United"

I think it is a badly written article and isn't very clear. But as he was on loan from Celtic to Peterhead then I assume they will have to pay the money (assuming as a share of what we paid Celtic for him). The other example was for a share of a transfer fee which suggests this so we wouldn't contest it as we had an agreement to pay Celtic anyway. Celtic may have challenged it but I don't know.

Can we claim a share of the development of those 2 Man City players from last season and get a chunk of their transfer fees? :cool:

Well it says they were awarded a 5 figure sum in November. I can only assume it was us that paid it.

"eterhead have been awarded a five-figure sum as a result of former player Fiacre Kelleher’s move from Celtic to Oxford United"

Why ? The buying club doesn’t pay any sell on fees the selling club does. I don’t see anything that suggests Oufc have had to pay anything, other than what they agreed to buy him for off Celtic ? Any ruling on what Peterhead are owed will be against his parent club while there.

That would be paid out as a share of the money we have already agreed to pay Celtic, not on top of what we paid Celtic.

Any ruling on what Peterhead are owed will be against his parent club while there.
FIFA regulations put the onus on the buying club to settle these solidarity contributions.

If a professional moves during the course of a contract, 5% of any compensation, not including training compensation paid to his former club, shall be deducted from the total amount of this compensation and distributed by the new club as a solidarity contribution to the club(s) involved in his training and education over the years.
It is the responsibility of the new club to calculate the amount of the solidarity contribution and to distribute it in accordance with the player’s career history as provided in the player passport. The player shall, if necessary, assist the new club in discharging this obligation.

FIFA regulations put the onus on the buying club to settle these solidarity contributions.
So if Peterhead's £10k minimum is for a share of a 5% compensation, surely we didn't pay at least £200K for him?

You also advocate scrapping the youth and under 23 teams?

You also advocate scrapping the youth and under 23 teams?

What makes you ask that question? He's been sent on loan to Macclesfield so he's not playing for either of the teams you have mentioned...

Back
Top Bottom