HMRC?

This is a very good question. I'm sure he would've used this game to sit with potential manager he hopes to be coming in next week. This is of course if they aren't currently employed.

Edit: not there tomorrow,which i do think is strange as it is advertised as start of a new era,understand it's difficult to make it across the world every week though.

He may be sitting with the potential manager in Thailand, watching the game via video link.
Totchtawan Sripan was asked to withdraw his resignation by the Directors of Muangthong United, but he declined. The guy is the 2nd most capped Thai Internaional player ever, and won the league and cup last year. If we were Thai, he would be seen as a very significant, exciting and prestigious appointment.
With the added prospect of bringing in some unknown gems from the Far East.

I just want to pick up on something Jem said. He spoke to Tiger this afternoon and he was in Thailand. So does that mean he won’t be present at the game tomorrow? That would be a huge missed opportunity and a great shame if so. It’s the ‘dawn of a new era’ match after all.

Agreed.

we all live in hope.
I wouldn’t want chas heading Oxvox and asking the “hard questions” if he can’t converse and answer the simple questions on the platform he wants to outline his views.

Crikey, even by your standards that is quite some level of hypocrisy. Your chums on the Oxvox committee are quite happy to wait four months for answers to their secret questions, then not receive any, yet still publicly welcome the non-answering party to the club. So on that basis you should be putting out a public statement applauding me for ignoring you for a few hours.

I imagine that all this comes as quite a shock to you, as my continued statements about the running of the club being a total shambles (long ridiculed by you and the other bottom feeders) get proven entirely correct. This is a club, remember, that is run by a part-time schoolmaster. Probably not all that used to dealing with corporate tax returns!!
Still, must remember the Moonie mantra. 'Best chairman of my lifetime, that Mr Eales!' Repeat ad infinitum until patted on head by Oxvox committee.
In answer to your question, the actual due diligence documents were released under NDA. There was plenty in that negotiation that was not NDAd (of which more at a subsequent date) but those very much were.
Oh. Whoops. Sorry. There was no due diligence. Because there was no offer. We all know this to be true because Oxvox put it in their meeting notes without questioning it!!

Charlie I agree with a lot of the points you make on here, not all but a lot, and read them with interest, but I have to say you do have an extremely charmless way of getting your point across at times.

I know it’s all probably borne of frustration and you have genuine concerns for the football club we all love, but “bottom feeders”..? Things like that just instantly discredit your argument

Crikey, even by your standards that is quite some level of hypocrisy. Your chums on the Oxvox committee are quite happy to wait four months for answers to their secret questions, then not receive any, yet still publicly welcome the non-answering party to the club. So on that basis you should be putting out a public statement applauding me for ignoring you for a few hours.

I imagine that all this comes as quite a shock to you, as my continued statements about the running of the club being a total shambles (long ridiculed by you and the other bottom feeders) get proven entirely correct. This is a club, remember, that is run by a part-time schoolmaster. Probably not all that used to dealing with corporate tax returns!!
Still, must remember the Moonie mantra. 'Best chairman of my lifetime, that Mr Eales!' Repeat ad infinitum until patted on head by Oxvox committee.
In answer to your question, the actual due diligence documents were released under NDA. There was plenty in that negotiation that was not NDAd (of which more at a subsequent date) but those very much were.
Oh. Whoops. Sorry. There was no due diligence. Because there was no offer. We all know this to be true because Oxvox put it in their meeting notes without questioning it!!
So getting past all the waffle and rhetoric, you have seen the documents and were privy to the financial situation at the club?

Six pages on a bill that has been paid, am I the only one on here that has been late paying bills?

Yeah, 'cos forgetting to pay your 'leccy bill is just like a company holding tax payments to HMRC to the point of receiving a winding up order. Good grief...

But apparently they did have the money.

And if they didn't have the money, then that too is a very, very worthwhile discussion. Tiger seems to be putting it down to one of those things due to the takeover process. In isolation, maybe it's not a critical issue. But there's just too many red flags being flown currently.

And if they didn't have the money, then that too is a very, very worthwhile discussion. Tiger seems to be putting it down to one of those things due to the takeover process. In isolation, maybe it's not a critical issue. But there's just too many red flags being flown currently.

I knew it! Is was only a matter of time before he changed our colours!

He may be sitting with the potential manager in Thailand, watching the game via video link.
Totchtawan Sripan was asked to withdraw his resignation by the Directors of Muangthong United, but he declined. The guy is the 2nd most capped Thai Internaional player ever, and won the league and cup last year. If we were Thai, he would be seen as a very significant, exciting and prestigious appointment.
With the added prospect of bringing in some unknown gems from the Far East.
Will they be similar to the unknown gems we brought in last close season. Forget it.

There is a recent article on EFL winding up orders on the BBC Sport website.

Salient points are that enforcement will start at a debt as low as £750 and that it is usually NI contributions which are in arrears.
Reading between the lines, it would seem that there is a four-week cycle of pay your dues or be prepared for legal action from an "aggressive HMRC".

My understanding and concern is not installments. It's that the contract was geared for the money to go to Eales.Have I missed somthing here? Perhaps this is normal practice...seems unlikely though.
No the transfers were all normal. The recent charge on the debt owed to Ensco mentions the transfer income as they are the only assets we have to secure against.

It will be VAT non payment, hazard a guess at a minimum of half a million at least. So it's been going on for probably 6 months plus.
As someone said earlier, but got knocked down for it, it's pretty damn petrifying.
2017 Accounts due soon. Our Credit Rating has fallen steadily over the last few years, as debt increases and cash flow tightens. Almost zero now.
With Tiger's arrival, and Jack involved, hopefully we can get some proper investment this time around.
A football club wouldn't get 6 months to run up debt. They are not treated like normal businesses by HMRC (due to the fact that paying players has a higher status than paying tax) and winding up orders are used as a primary tool not a last resort.

Back
Top Bottom