HMRC?

petrified
adjective
  1. so frightened that one is unable to move; terrified.
    "the petrified child clung to her mother"

FFS petrified means 'turned to stone'. Has no-one on here benefited from a classical education?

Nope. I don’t think anyone on this forum has learnt Latin or Greek or studied logic and rhetoric.

QED.

I await the plume of smoke from our respective authorities - OUFC itself and the office of Darryl Eales (or, rather, his representatives on this board) - to find out how this has happened. After all these years of fashioning a "close relationship", we (or, rather, OxVox) applaud the chairman for "all he has done for the club", even while HMRC's lawyers are preparing the winding-up petition on, erm, the self-same club.

Truly, this is beyond parody. That, yet again, it is a humble fan who has dug around and found it out just says it all. Not entirely impressed by Tiger's Due Diligence efforts, either. Did it consist of an open-top bus tour of the University and a cup of tea at the Randolph?

On a serious, less sarky note, this is appalling timing. How are the players going to feel? What are prospective new managers going to think. It is an utter, embarrassing shambles. Dave said elsewhere that it was sort of Ok because it had happened to Orient. Enough said.
Chas a question.
You mentioned due diligence, did this debt or any financial non payment concerns get flagged up when the Santori due diligence was carried out?

petrified
adjective

FFS petrified means 'turned to stone'. Has no-one on here benefited from a classical education?

Nope. I don’t think anyone on this forum has learnt Latin or Greek or studied logic and rhetoric.

QED.

Town v. Gown. The game continues. Follow now on Sky Sports IIX.

petrified
adjective

QED.

Sky sports VIII
Don’t kids get taught anything these days? How are they supposed to understand decimal if they haven’t first learnt lsd ?

petrified
adjective

QED.

Sky sports VIII
Don’t kids get taught anything these days? How are they supposed to understand decimal if they haven’t first learnt lsd ?

This is Sky Sports we’re talking here. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Hi all

I’d normally send this sort of post to members by email first, but hope you’ll be ok that given the information revealed today (OUFC & HMRC), that a quick post on here was warranted.

This afternoon I messaged both Tiger and Darryl Eales for comment. I’ve not had a response from Darry (I understand he is out of the country), but I have had a telephone conversation with Tiger. He called me at 12.30am Thailand time.

Tiger said that he had been in a transition period and in reality still was. He said that there were some transactions that were being worked through and that this issue had been one of these. He said the HMRC issue had been settled and all was being put in place to ensure that sufficient funds are made avialable to run the club correctly.

Are the above comments from Tiger reassuring? ‘Yes’. However, do the comments require further scrutiny? Yes, of course they do and further conversations will take place in the coming days.

We will continue to seek further information and reassurances regarding the clubs financial position and future prospects - from both Tiger and Darryl Eales, who obviously still remains as a director and shareholder.

Although not providing significant ‘news’, I hope that you will see/accept that we are able to communicate with Tiger (at all times of day and night!) and that we are working to provide greater clarity for fans.

Note: Tiger is still of the firm belief that a new team manager will be in place next week.

Tomorrow is very important for OUR football club. Let’s get behind the players and do all we can to help them gain the points we urgently need.

Cheers

Jem
His English has got a lot better then.?did you end the conversation at breakfast time Thai times

Football transfer fees are very very rarely paid in full up front. It is quite normal that the fee is paid in installments.

My understanding and concern is not installments. It's that the contract was geared for the money to go to Eales.Have I missed somthing here? Perhaps this is normal practice...seems unlikely though.

I just want to pick up on something Jem said. He spoke to Tiger this afternoon and he was in Thailand. So does that mean he won’t be present at the game tomorrow? That would be a huge missed opportunity and a great shame if so. It’s the ‘dawn of a new era’ match after all.

Chas a question.
You mentioned due diligence, did this debt or any financial non payment concerns get flagged up when the Santori due diligence was carried out?

I hope you aren’t expecting an answer. Charles will of missed your post at a guess.

I just want to pick up on something Jem said. He spoke to Tiger this afternoon and he was in Thailand. So does that mean he won’t be present at the game tomorrow? That would be a huge missed opportunity and a great shame if so. It’s the ‘dawn of a new era’ match after all.

No, he's not at the game tomorrow. He's back for next weeks match though.

This is a very good question. I'm sure he would've used this game to sit with potential manager he hopes to be coming in next week. This is of course if they aren't currently employed.

Edit: not there tomorrow,which i do think is strange as it is advertised as start of a new era,understand it's difficult to make it across the world every week though.

12.30Am is just after midnight and if he is flying back well you must gain about 9 hours or so in any case

No, he's not at the game tomorrow. He's back for next weeks match though.
I do find that odd. Big promotion. Dawn of a New Era! Etc etc. And our new owner can’t make it to the first home game of his tenure.

I hope you aren’t expecting an answer. Charles will of missed your post at a
I hope you aren’t expecting an answer. Charles will of missed your post at a guess.
we all live in hope.
I wouldn’t want chas heading Oxvox and asking the “hard questions” if he can’t converse and answer the simple questions on the platform he wants to outline his views.

Chas a question.

Just in case you don't get a response: the Satori due diligence would have taken place around last May/June. For the HMRC to be issuing winding up orders this week, MarkG or Swiss mentioned that this would have meant no tax payment since Nov.

I expect our biggest creditors are our Landlord custodian and payroll. Not aware of any late payments there. But not sure who is actually in a position to perform basic admin such as paying bills these days?

Back
Top Bottom