Hillsborough Trial....

30 years ago football was far different to today.
The so called "big clubs" supporters knew that, if enough turned up, they would be squeezed in.
Supporters had been acting like crime waves all over the country be it fighting in grounds, wrecking pubs, wrecking transport or shop lifting.
That led to fencing to keep them on the terraces, we even had it at the Manor, as well as netting to stop coins and a dividing fence in the LRT.
OUFC were not exempt from football violence.
Hillsborough was a catalogue of disasters both in the wider community/society as well as the ground itself, the supporters and the police who all contributed to the death of the 96.

If you can`t cope with that fact and think it can be pinned on 1 individuals decision then you are far more disturbed than your ranting on here portrays.
He doesn't like your political views, so it's just another chance to have a rant again. Shame really

I remember the crush that happened on the Stratton Bank one year and that could have easily gone the other way but fortunately it didn't.

That was for those big gates on the left hand side to get out at `em.............. they gave way, it wasn`t nice at the front.

That was for those big gates on the left hand side to get out at `em.............. they gave way, it wasn`t nice at the front.

No it was at a different game, going out the other side and Police held a line at the top of the steps stopping people going into that open area by the Arkells Stand where some of the toilets and food etc was. They didn't bother announcing the police were doing this over the tannoy so those coming from behind didn't realise and stop hence leading to a crush.

I remember the gates incident, as we hung back on this occasion knowing that we were being held back, with the Swindon lot giving it large just outside while the gates were closed but running (hence silence) when they realised that the gates were going to give way.

I remember the crush that happened on the Stratton Bank one year and that could have easily gone the other way but fortunately it didn't.
I was there one year the crush was so bad trying to get out my feet were off the floor for quite a while before the large gates were opened and it eased off. Could easily have ended in serious injuries that day. Would have been early 90s.

I think trying to make Duckenfield an escape goat was what failed before the jury.

Extraordinary post.
My reading is that the comment about reap what you sow related to the issue of having fences in football.
What above us shameful to oufc?

What was posted was

„Because those supporters were behaving like little angels weren`t they? You reap what you sow.“

I understood “you reap what you sow“ to be about the supporters, since they were in the same sentence. Perhaps the original poster would like to clarify what exactly they meant. If it was referring to the fences, I apologise..

Back
Top Bottom