Hillsborough Trial....

Essexyellows

30 years later on hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I can remember meeting Forest fans in tears at New Street. However football was different in those days, you almost knew that if enough turned up without tickets you would get in rather than be left on the streets.
A catastrophic combination of events that should never happen again but pinning the "blame" on individuals ???
Things were done wrong, people died, fans behaved badly,there was a degree of cover up ...... but a trial?
What purpose will it serve? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46878778

Sarge

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson

I can remember meeting Forest fans in tears at New Street. However football was different in those days, you almost knew that if enough turned up without tickets you would get in rather than be left on the streets.
A catastrophic combination of events that should never happen again but pinning the "blame" on individuals ???
Things were done wrong, people died, fans behaved badly,there was a degree of cover up ...... but a trial?
What purpose will it serve? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46878778
Thing is it was covered up for many years ... health and safety legislation in the UK has been applied differently than in mainland Europe...heyshel stadium disaster was investigated fairly quickly (in comparison) , under health and safety laws individuals found , in court, to have broken the law and found to have been negligent were sentenced to custodial sentences.....Hillsborough enquiry had to overcome all manner of lengthy delays to eventually reach a proper conclusion.

Good question 're what purpose would it serve @Essexyellows ... on the one hand in effect scapegoating a 74 year old for failings 30 years ago could be perceived as questionable in the greater scheme.... conversely war criminals as well as Kiddy fiddlers 're crimes committed many years ago are still being bought to justice for crimes committed decades ago. Rightly so too imo ..... does prosecuting pensioners help victims or relatives of victims is debatable although it may give a sense of closure?... should serious crimes including criminal negligence , be disregarded after a set time? I'd say no they shouldn't, the law is something we are all equal under, and if the laws of the land are to be respected, they should be upheld I think

Last edited:

OUFCGav

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson

But if individuals had specific responsibility, and failed to discharge their duties due to individual negligence, and those decisions directly led to the death of almost a hundred people, do you think it should be ignored?
And there was more than a "degree of cover up". Most of the reports of bad behaviour have been shown to be false and created by the police to suit a narrative.

Top Bottom