Ex Player Herbie Kane

I really don’t understand why the Premiership can have a 20 man match day squad (25 senior man squad limit) but the EFL insist on 18 man match day squad (22 senior man squad - minus goalkeepers) the fact we play more league games 46 to there 38 & numerous cup competition in the early stages as well,

EFL are such a backward organisation there on par with Brian Lee Conference outfit back in the day

The EFL Board of Directors is responsible for providing the organisation's strategic direction.

The Board consists of nine directors, six of whom are divisional representatives elected by member Clubs. The divisional representatives include three directors from Championship Clubs, two from League One Clubs and one from a League Two club. The remaining three directors are independent of Clubs.

EFL is run by 9 individuals according to their own website ^^- yet the reality is there are ten individuals named as directors! -

Rick Parry, Chairman - former chief exec of the PL, former chief exec of Liverpool

Trevor Birch, Chief Exec- former chief exec at Everton, Chelsea, Leeds, Sheff Utd, Derby & chairman Swansea, DoF at Spurs

Debbie Jeavans CBE, independent non-executive director- former professional tennis player, D o Sport London Olympics & Paralympics 2012

Simon Bazalgette, independent, non-executive director- former head of the jockey club, non-exec' Director of IAAF world championships London 2017

Club representatives-

Nicholas Randall QC - Championship - Nottingham Forest

Peter Ridsdale - Championship - Preston North End

Neil Bausor - Championship - Middlesbrough

Jez Moxey - League One – Burton Albion

Steven Curwood - League One - Fleetwood Town

John Nixon - League Two – Carlisle United

link to EFL website - with EFL board members listed - https://www.efl.com/-more/all-about-the-efl/efl-board/

Last edited:
How on earth given their background are Debbie and Simon in such powerful positions over matters to do with the football league ??

Knowledge and successful organisation of major sports events, therefore transferable skills.
Sounds very useful when they are discussing squad sizes for football teams.
Who is to say they were successful ? And that is one main problem with the modern way that these ' transferable ' skills doesn't mean a deep understanding of the actual issues in that sport .
I prefer experience in the actual field than a good CV in something completely different . But then again I'm old fashioned in that approach.

Surprised when I heard his interview that he wasn’t a scouser given his football upbringing. Quick google search revealed he’s from Bristol originally. Always an overlooked factor where a player is from, certainly helps if we were looking to make any move permanent.

Sounds very useful when they are discussing squad sizes for football teams.
Who is to say they were successful ? And that is one main problem with the modern way that these ' transferable ' skills doesn't mean a deep understanding of the actual issues in that sport .
I prefer experience in the actual field than a good CV in something completely different . But then again I'm old fashioned in that approach.

They were successful as the events were successful or are you suggesting events like the 2012 Olympics or 2017 IAAF World Championships weren't successful?

They can consult others on specifics if necessary and I don't know one way or another but they could be long standing football supporters so have an understanding of such issues, just as other supporters do.

They were successful as the events were successful or are you suggesting events like the 2012 Olympics or 2017 IAAF World Championships weren't successful?

They can consult others on specifics if necessary and I don't know one way or another but they could be long standing football supporters so have an understanding of such issues, just as other supporters do.
Typical corporate way of running business in my eyes .
I'm sure there were quite outstanding achievements on the CV with real long term benefits and all those lovely transferable skill sets most beloved by the process driven corporate world.

I thought he (Herbie) looked decent on Tuesday. Showed flashes of quality throughout.

EFL is run by 9 individuals according to their own website ^^- yet the reality is there are ten individuals named as directors! -
Wow, has Dominic Cummings wangled his way into another non elected position???

First time I got to see him yesterday and I thought he was very good at the football. He did some great kicks and also put his foot in to win tackles.

Up the Herb.

Looked very good and fit! Complements CB very well. Those two with Gorrin or Forde behind them could be a top midfield

Back
Top Bottom