Ex Player Herbie Kane

Marked Ox

God like member
Welcome to the club Herbie. Hopefully you have a successful stay here.

Pleased with this signing.

Welcome. A player that has the potential to get us promoted. If he re-discovers his doncaster form from a few years back then we will be laughing all the way to the champ.

Welcome Herbie. Enjoy your time here.

Welcome Herbert. Will link up really well with our other new signings Jack Wilshire, Jordan Henderson and Didier Drogba.

Good Luck Herbie, high expectations seem to have been set, hope you help get us into h championship and into our new stadia

Where does he play? Presumably CM, but what role?

Does this mean Sykes will be a full-time wide man now, as we have a plethora of CMs? I know Karl was (rightly) singing his praises in that position after Saturday's performance, and we know he has been on the hunt for a ton of wingers this window, but only brought in Gavin (so far). Perhaps he's decided he'd rather bring in Herbie in the middle and push Sykes out on the right?

Does this mean Sykes will be a full-time wide man now, as we have a plethora of CMs? I know Karl was (rightly) singing his praises in that position after Saturday's performance, and we know he has been on the hunt for a ton of wingers this window, but only brought in Gavin (so far). Perhaps he's decided he'd rather bring in Herbie in the middle and push Sykes out on the right?

The difficulty is with Kane, Gorrin, Brannagan, McGuane and Henry sharing the 3 midfield positions, that leaves Holland, Bodin, Whyte, Williams, Sykes, Taylor and Winnall all competing for 3 forward positions. That's also excluding Cooper and Agyei.

With the reduction in subs we can start 3, and replace them all after an hour and still have players of real quality not getting a game. Squad management will be harder than ever this season, but I guess its a good problem to have!

Holland, Bodin, Williams all wide players.

The difficulty is with Kane, Gorrin, Brannagan, McGuane and Henry sharing the 3 midfield positions, that leaves Holland, Bodin, Whyte, Williams, Sykes, Taylor and Winnall all competing for 3 forward positions. That's also excluding Cooper and Agyei.

With the reduction in subs we can start 3, and replace them all after an hour and still have players of real quality not getting a game. Squad management will be harder than ever this season, but I guess its a good problem to have!
I really don’t understand why the Premiership can have a 20 man match day squad (25 senior man squad limit) but the EFL insist on 18 man match day squad (22 senior man squad - minus goalkeepers) the fact we play more league games 46 to there 38 & numerous cup competition in the early stages as well,

EFL are such a backwards organisation they’re on par with Brian Lee Conference outfit back in the day

Last edited:
I really don’t understand why the Premiership can have a 20 man match day squad (25 senior man squad limit) but the EFL insist on 18 man match day squad (22 senior man squad - minus goalkeepers) the fact we play more league games 46 to there 38 & numerous cup competition in the early stages as well,

EFL are such a backward organisation there on par with Brian Lee Conference outfit back in the day
And why do they all have to be men?? Uh, wake up!!

Back
Top Bottom