Henry’s OM Comments?

He can say what he wants, it’s not North Korea at the Kassam just yet, so he is allowed an opinion. What he has said is right anyway, basically whatever is going on in the stands is no excuse for poor performances, the best way to get a crowd onside is to play better.

The effect that fans have on a football team is massively overplayed, finances aside obviously, we are not doing well on the pitch because we are not that good and we have a completely unbalanced team/squad, we could fill the ground with noisy positive fans and still be a bit s**t, because that’s just what we are.

No you're absolutely right but there is a connection between those last few years at the Manor and where we are today though. There are always going to be people voicing their displeasure regardless of where you play.

What i would add though is that for many wild horses wouldn't prevent people going to the manor but i bet those feelings are very different about our current stadium.

Some perspective? Wild horses weren't required to stop the supporters in out last ever season at the Manor?

7,080 in our last ever game there. 4,148 at home to Swansea in our penultimate home games, 6,866 v Reading, 7,480 v Sw****, 3,676 v Bury, 6,200 v Bournemouth at home on Boxing Day.
Our highest attendance was the Sw***** game.
We get far better crowds now. Sure football attendances are up, but the statistics hardly suggested that many people were dying to get to the Manor for a game!

Some of our fans are right snowflakes! You see these idiots full of anger at nothing. The stadium isn’t great, it’s true. I think it only really works if you have a season ticket, it’s not a good enough experience to make the odd game attractive
There are some who, sadly, seem to take more joy out of a loss than a win. Bizarre mentality to have. Being shushed is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and life, but having heard about someone not celebrating when Maguire scored a goal because he didn't like him, nothing is off the table!

There are some who, sadly, seem to take more joy out of a loss than a win. Bizarre mentality to have. Being shushed is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and life, but having heard about someone not celebrating when Maguire scored a goal because he didn't like him, nothing is off the table!

Unfortunately we have a section of the crowd which prefer defeat to justify their views on a team/player.

I have people around me whinging about various players, but seem happy enough when they score.

I believe the team should give us something to get behind, but if they don't, telling them how bad they are is hardly going to make them play any better.

Henry's days at the club are numbered having broken the divine commandment 'thou shalt never criticise thee holy yellow faithful'. He is beyond repentance, hence these comments are an irrelevance.

We just hasn't created an atmosphere of togetherness as fans .when I talk to opposition fans they seem bonded and together . We suffer in Oxfordshire as there isn't that .Geordie ,scouce, cockney, type of togetherness. We need to be a unit as fans not a bunch of managers..

We just hasn't created an atmosphere of togetherness as fans .when I talk to opposition fans they seem bonded and together . We suffer in Oxfordshire as there isn't that .Geordie ,scouce, cockney, type of togetherness. We need to be a unit as fans not a bunch of managers..
Awaygames there is a togetherness amongst the travelling OUFC fans....whereas, with few exceptions, the breeze block is a soulless, cold wind tunnel that is hardly conducive to an atmosphere of togetherness, despite the Ultras sterling efforts. Would a low roofed 4th stand with safe standing redress that? I don't know, but, it must be worth considering

Not going
Awaygames there is a togetherness amongst the travelling OUFC fans....whereas, with few exceptions, the breeze block is a soulless, cold wind tunnel that is hardly conducive to an atmosphere of togetherness, despite the Ultras sterling efforts. Would a low roofed 4th stand with safe standing redress that? I don't know, but, it must be worth considering
not going to happen with mr ? having the stadium

Can’t think of anything worse than being a scouser so you can keep that, imagine every time you open your mouth that whiny, nasal accent coming out.

Can’t think of anything worse than being a scouser so you can keep that, imagine every time you open your mouth that whiny, nasal accent coming out.
Brummy or Yamyam not far off that ...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:sneaky:

When was that agreed?
Last season ...... also documented in Oxvox meeting minutes.... possibly in the Oxvox section of this(new) yellows forum, definitely documented somewhere in the Oxvox section of the previous YF.... en route to gods country (Oxford) for the match at the moment on (a303), maybe someone else can find the link?

Henry's been one of our better performers in recent weeks, I'd let him off.

Tell you what that’s more like it.
I don’t care that we lost! I care that we moved the ball well, we were a threat going forward and above all played attractive and entertaining Football.
Great to see the players clapped off at the end. They deserved something from the game.
Carry on like that and we’ll be fine :)

Tell you what that’s more like it.
I don’t care that we lost! I care that we moved the ball well, we were a threat going forward and above all played attractive and entertaining Football.
Great to see the players clapped off at the end. They deserved something from the game.
Carry on like that and we’ll be fine :)
Agreed.
A good second half performance and great to see substitutions adding something to our game.

Back
Top Bottom