Non-League Henry Landers (striker)

Not sure why us oxford fans are so against a young local lad being given a shot can't be any worse than what we have around his age group scored another tonight already for Banbury remember I told you the name we might just might be kicking ourselves if or when he gets his big move which I don't see why it won't happen he's some player and been doing it for years wherever he's played.

Not sure why us oxford fans are so against a young local lad being given a shot can't be any worse than what we have around his age group scored another tonight already for Banbury remember I told you the name we might just might be kicking ourselves if or when he gets his big move which I don't see why it won't happen he's some player and been doing it for years wherever he's played.

Except in the National League.

No idea what I've seen of the lad he's got a lot of ability seems to do well when he plays

Well it will either be because they thought he was not good enough or not ready.

No doubt the lad has ability. If he keeps banging then in then he'll get his chance.

His winning FA Cup goal was shown on the FA Cup first round draw programme, good strike.

Just when you thought things couldn't get more depressing, we've got Henry's Dad back again!!!

He's doing well at Banbury, and might be due a step up to National League South level if he has a good season. But Oxford? No thanks.

No idea what I've seen of the lad he's got a lot of ability seems to do well when he plays
Yes but it's all about the level you are playing at and the quality of the opposition. It 's the same at all levels. When I used to play Sunday League, there were some teams that you knew you'd thrash where you'd all look like worldbeaters because the opposition was poor and the next week you could lose 7-0 to the league leaders and question your own ability to even kick the ball. At professional level, the difference is more league by league than team by team hence the lower scorelines generally than in Sunday League.

At North Leigh previously and now at Banbury, he's doing well - good stuff, well done him. Go a step or two higher though and he doesn't cut the mustard. Similar to Pat Hoban - he's shown he can bang the goals in when playing in the Irish League but when he came to us, L2 was a better quality league and quite frankly he flopped both here and at Grimsby if memory serves.

Henry might come good, look at Matty Taylor - from North Leigh ultimately to playing in the Championship but that is a very, very rare exception. There is nothing to suggest that OUFC should take a chance on him at this stage.

Just when you thought things couldn't get more depressing, we've got Henry's Dad back again!!!

He's doing well at Banbury, and might be due a step up to National League South level if he has a good season. But Oxford? No thanks.

I just wish we could have drawn Banbury in the cup..... Might have drawn a line under this matter once and for all.

A good goal but against opposition from that level would be easier than against national league south or the national league would be a lot more different let alone L1

Back
Top Bottom