Henry Landers(striker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxfordfan1

This is where our recruitment/academy baffles me if I'm honest this lad has been at oxford city u18s scored a hatful of goals 65 in 50 games, hes now at north leigh fc granted I think there struggling but he is still scoring goals and us as a club cant find/get a decent natural finisher!!!! I have personally seen him play and he is a big tall lad, physical, both footed and scores pretty much every game a natural finisher.........

considering obika cant hit a barn door and now injured, mackies past it and scoring record is shoddy!along with sam smith who again cannot hit a barn door this lads the real deal, take a look at his stats/goals on youtube great talent..

is Henry Landers related to Paul Landers? .... (aka Oxford Paul, who's based in Peterboro' area these days, well known n well-respected boss sounds / skinhead reggae DJ , and long time U's supporter )

Because it's easy to make the step up!!! I'm sure the club have a good idea on the local leagues; we must be watching our own loanees at many of these clubs anyway.

considering obika cant hit a barn door and now injured, mackies past it and scoring record is shoddy!along with sam smith who again cannot hit a barn door this lads the real deal, take a look at his stats/goals on youtube great talent..

Isn’t that exactly what spasov is doing ?

Totally different levels. I was of an average Sunday League standard and ended up playing in a match who had one player who played for Faringdon Town. They aren't a particularly senior side but this individual ran the show and bagged 5 goals whilst setting up several others.

OCFC U18s and now North Leigh - do me a favour.

The OP derides Obkia, yet Jon ran riot against a load of part-timers in Ireland during the pre-season tour. I suspect Obkia would look like Messi at the standard that North Leigh play at.

I'm with you on this paying my hard earned money to watch a load of useless has beens steal a living enough enough, id much rather Bradbury/spasov or any other of our youngsters be given a chance ahead of what we currently have at our disposal and have had the past 2 seasons! just saying I have seen landers play and believe me hes a better striker than obika/sam smith will ever be..... its all point of view and opinions I'm sure there is loads of talent locally which for whatever reason haven't been given the chance or been missed by our so called scouting system.

Because it's easy to make the step up!!! I'm sure the club have a good idea on the local leagues; we must be watching our own loanees at many of these clubs anyway.
I'm not saying its easy to make the step up but what I am saying is where our current and last few strikers lack is infront of goal correct??just look at there scoring records speak for itself. garath macleary of reading f.c was spotted at oxford city gone on to have a great career this lads a natural finisher half a chance and the balls in the net!

Last edited:
The OP derides Obkia, yet Jon ran riot against a load of part-timers in Ireland during the pre-season tour. I suspect Obkia would look like Messi at the standard that North Leigh play at.

You clearly were not in Ireland
He scored and yes we won those games BUT for those with any footballing brain the writing was on the wall re JO and the team

You clearly were not in Ireland
He scored and yes we won those games BUT for those with any footballing brain the writing was on the wall re JO and the team

I wasn’t.

I’ll have a look at your posts from that time to read your forecasts of doom.

is Henry Landers related to Paul Landers? .... (aka Oxford Paul, who's based in Peterboro' area these days, well known n well-respected boss sounds / skinhead reggae DJ , and long time U's supporter )
Paul is a relation, his Dad's name is Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom