He has to go....

Has anyone thought that to bring in a new guy (outside of the club) that person would want a decent wedge to steer us to survival just a thought !

I don't get this 'its too late' argument.

Not that it is wrong if anyone has changed their mind, but I have firmly been in the KR out camp for a few months now. For a long time he has not been a good short, medium or long term option for us and for me it is just another sad indictment of Tiger's pathetic leadership.

New managers do not always get the positive bounce that is sometimes assumed, but I think the chances of getting someone who would do worse in the last 10 games is negligible. He has had some of last season and 36 games of the current season, he is all over the place - poor team selection, still bizarre post match quotes.

I think the risk of changing him is minimal, it can't get much worse. Give someone else the chance to assess the squad, the same chance KR had last season.

Tiger may not be able to afford / willing to change him, even if that is the case that should not deter us from airing our views. I'll support the players but not KR, get rid.
I don't think that many would disagree with much of this - and I don't think people are supporting Robinson (or think much of STs inaction!). I personally also agree that the risk of getting rid of him is minimal. But the point is that ST simply is not going to sack him, so that's a moot point.

So the point to consider is: would booing the manager on a match day (for example) make for a more supportive atmosphere for the players to perform in? After all - we certainly don't be recruiting a new manager in L2. I don't think so, so I won't be booing (although I certainly won't be clapping him!). Don't take that as support for the bloke though. It isn't.

I don't think that many would disagree with much of this - and I don't think people are supporting Robinson (or think much of STs inaction!). I personally also agree that the risk of getting rid of him is minimal. But the point is that ST simply is not going to sack him, so that's a moot point.

So the point to consider is: would booing the manager on a match day (for example) make for a more supportive atmosphere for the players to perform in? After all - we certainly don't be recruiting a new manager in L2. I don't think so, so I won't be booing (although I certainly won't be clapping him!). Don't take that as support for the bloke though. It isn't.
Exactly this. I’d love the guy to be sacked today and replaced with almost anybody for the final run of fixtures, because I think we’re screwed if he stays anyway, and that even if we somehow stay up it would merely save his job and he’d ruin us good and proper next season. I cannot stress how much I want him out and have done for many, many months. As have countless others. But he isn’t going anywhere.

When we are mathematically down or mathematically safe, however, all bets are off. The second we have nothing to protect or play for there will be no signs of apathy from all bar the most idiotic of happy clappers.

I’m sure the players realise he’s unpopular with the fan base.

Don't see how you can boo the manager at a match without booing the players....

Not from my eyrie in the North Stand anyhow.

I don’t think that because I’m not yelling from the roof tops that I want KR out in any way makes me apathetic. I honestly can’t see any alternative at the moment that I think would give us a better chance of survival. (Pretty sad that though, isn’t it). Changes sometimes work and sometimes don’t. I think it’s something of a myth that if you change your manager you’ll be okay almost every time. Look at Fulham.

This doesn’t mean I’m a KR fan. I’m trying to be realistic, which is bloody difficult in the circumstances.

We all think it’s pretty clear that Tiger ain’t going to sack him any time soon. For a start he probably can’t afford it. It’s costing him more than he thought anyway to own OUFC.

Given that we all want the club to stay up it makes sense to get behind the team. Focusing on negativity towards the manager on match days isn’t helpful. There will obviously be no chorus of Karl Robinson’s yellow & blue army even if we were to win 5-0 at Spotland though.

We keep coming back to these fine margins, which no doubt they are but it’s becoming tiresome that we keep coming down on the wrong side of that thing dividing line. We rarely get hammered though. Can’t remember the last time we ourselves gave a team a good hiding either.
Whether people like it or not it was a fact that before the Gillingham game there was a chance we could have ended the day in 13th. It is also a fact that we actually ended up in 21st.

We can’t climb any higher than 16th at close of play tomorrow and the only way we’ll drop a place is if we were to get beaten. If that were to happen I think even the most optimistic amongst our fan base would be wavering big time.

I’m not sure if I’ll be travelling up north tomorrow with hope, expectation (of something good happening as it did at Blackpool) or in dread of the outcome.

Just listening to Robinson’s interview pre-Rochdale on Ifollow.

‘Our performances haven’t let the supporters down this season..’

Bloody hell... ?

He did say it. Not only on iFollow, it is quoted in the 'Robinson on Rochdale' match preview.

The full quote is: "Our performances haven’t let the fans down this season but the results certainly have and we need to start putting that right now."

We must have been really, really unlucky with all those excellent performances that have ended up with bad results! He is delusional.

Just listening to Robinson’s interview pre-Rochdale on Ifollow.

‘Our performances haven’t let the supporters down this season..’

Bloody hell... ?
The man is an idiot. I would EXPECT to win at a struggling club with an appalling defensive record. If we win 5-0 Robinson is STILL an incompetent clueless idiot. We’ll STILL be relegation-threatened. It doesn’t change the fact that this season he has overseen a disaster. He STILL needs to go.
We won’t win 5-0 of course.

(Tin hat on.)...

I feel far more comfortable with KR as our manager than say the bumbling Clotet. I see no evidence he has lost the dressing room either.

You may think I am crazy but have enjoyed this season more than quite a few others.

I also like his enthusiasm - he’s no con man.

It’s his post match interviews that do my head in. Knee- jerk and ill considered. Teenage ranting. He’s a cry baby. I can see why this really irks some of our supporters.

Al in all though predict we will stay up and he’ll be here in August.

I’m going tomorrow and expecting a win. COYY.

Whatever he did or didn't say (and I'm not questioning the quote, it sound typical) what the table says is the definitive truth.

I also think it's not too late in theory to replace him, and stay up. I have no faith in any other outcome but relegation with him in charge. We would however, need to have a WOW candidate waiting in the wings.

Whatever he did or didn't say (and I'm not questioning the quote, it sound typical) what the table says is the definitive truth.
Yep, no matter how much Robinson spin doctors the truth, the league table is reality. And all the talk of "if we win this game we could be 13th" (or whatever) is comical as it always pre-supposes that the other threatened teams fail to pick up even 1 point!

Has anyone thought that to bring in a new guy (outside of the club) that person would want a decent wedge to steer us to survival just a thought !
Bit late now no business can be done regarding transfers until the seasons over

what transfers Baz i was talking about a new manager would want a good wedge (for himself) to steer us clear .this of course all assumes Tiger even thought of replacing let alone looked for alternatives and have them ready to step in.

what transfers Baz i was talking about a new manager would want a good wedge (for himself) to steer us clear .this of course all assumes Tiger even thought of replacing let alone looked for alternatives and have them ready to step in.
A good wedge? So you’re saying pay the new manager 5k a week and he will keep us up but pay him 2.5k and he will struggle? Strange comment

A good wedge? So you’re saying pay the new manager 5k a week and he will keep us up but pay him 2.5k and he will struggle? Strange comment
I think they might be suggesting that they’d want a hefty bonus in the event of survival, which they probably would given our desperate situation.

Back
Top Bottom