He has to go....

If he was ever going to be sacked I thought it may have been after the Luton game. Now I feel it would be pointless sacking him at this stage of the season, would anyone have faith in Tiger to find decent replacement? Safest job in the football league.

Totally agree with you ryaniobirdio, but if anyone can do a better job wouldn’t it be better to get anyone in to try and keep us up?, tiger is as much of a waste of space as kr but no one knows how the next games are going to go, Rochdale sacked their manager as did Bradford in the last fortnight and both won at the weekend, I’m not saying it’s a proven method but we are back in the s**t again and doing nothing makes it seem like we are accepting this s**t.

KR
Totally agree with you ryaniobirdio, but if anyone can do a better job wouldn’t it be better to get anyone in to try and keep us up?, tiger is as much of a waste of space as kr but no one knows how the next games are going to go, Rochdale sacked their manager as did Bradford in the last fortnight and both won at the weekend, I’m not saying it’s a proven method but we are back in the st again and doing nothing makes it seem like we are accepting this st.
KR lost his first game in charge of us

You won't get many excuses, but you might get a few more rational observations.

This just proves football is a game of fine margins. Two wins in a row and most posters on here were in good spirits. A minute away from a creditable point at Gillingham which would have kept everyone reasonably happy, then a lapse in defence and we're back in the relegation zone.

I don't think Robinson has proved himself capable of a promotion push next season, even if he was given money to spend, but he's going nowhere as Tiger is still in love, so we're rather stuck with him.

On to Rochdale. If we fail there then maybe abject pessimism would be more appropriate.

I have not once changed my mind on him even after a couple of wins, draws or defeats. I do accept that some of our fans, are jumping from keeping him to removing him based on a single positive or negative result.

He could win the next four games and I still want him out.

For a man who proudly and calmly away from matchday interviews conducts himself relatively coherently and insists he is man who never offers excuses he acts in the polar opposite for the rest of the time. For a guy who infered the fans won't break or come between his 'bond/close relationship' with Tiger he has a delusional view of himself. He is disingenuous in the media and when talking about his players.

Following the disgraceful behaviour and antics around Gavin Whyte and his call-up to his country which shamed our football club, he now has demanded an official be sacked. Let alone the constant unprofessional digs towards other officials. Derry and Robinson are one removed from Evans and Rayner IMO.

He might be an exceptional coach but he's an awful football manager. But don't worry, we're one win away from 13th..................and those who jump about can say they've been proved right that we were right to stick with him. This is now the current PR line. Desperate.

Tiger will get what he deserves with Robinson in charge.

I have not once changed my mind on him even after a couple of wins, draws or defeats. I do accept that some of our fans, are jumping from keeping him to removing him based on a single positive or negative result.

He could win the next four games and I still want him out.

For a man who proudly and calmly away from matchday interviews conducts himself relatively coherently and insists he is man who never offers excuses he acts in the polar opposite for the rest of the time. For a guy who infered the fans won't break or come between his 'bond/close relationship' with Tiger he has a delusional view of himself. He is disingenuous in the media and when talking about his players.

Following the disgraceful behaviour and antics around Gavin Whyte and his call-up to his country which shamed our football club, he now has demanded an official be sacked. Let alone the constant unprofessional digs towards other officials. Derry and Robinson are one removed from Evans and Rayner IMO.

He might be an exceptional coach but he's an awful football manager. But don't worry, we're one win away from 13th..................and those who jump about can say they've been proved right that we were right to stick with him. This is now the current PR line. Desperate.

Tiger will get what he deserves with Robinson in charge.
Yes, he’s a very poor manager but nothing he has done this season has remotely suggested he might be a good coach, let alone an exceptional one.

"We defended well today but just lacked a little bit of quality in the final third ".
But hasn't that been the problem most of the season? The point is nothing is changing. Whether you accept Robinson is staying or not - until he changes his approach the same result is likely every game.
IMO until 4 4 2 is tried consecutively it will be the same old story with no real threat on the opposition goal with a lone striker and our wingers who are often doubled up on (easy to do when there's only one striker to worry about) and no midfielder who has the confidence or consistency to make penalty area runs and put the ball in the net.

Can't help but feel we are sleep walking into relegation. We're coming up to the crucial part of the season, and we're still in the relegation places on what he claims was a top 8 budget. He's had 36(!) games to pull us out of a mess, but nothings changed, we are where we are on merit. Constantly saying IF we win bla bla matches we'll be 13th... IF we got that penalty we'd be up the table... fine margins but we keep coming off second best. These "Ifs, buts and maybes" aren't coming true.

Do I trust him to pull us out of relegation in our final 10 games when he hasn't done so after 36? Nope, not one bit. I also don't care what fixtures we have left and how they are "easier on paper". Easier than what? We're one of the worst 4 teams in the division, the only teams lower than us are not much worse than us. They've changed their managers and god help us if they put together any consistent runs under the new gaffas, we'll just continue inconsistently plodding along with KR until we're 4th bottom with just Luton to play...

Seriously starting to worry now.

RyanioBirdio makes so excellent points on this thread. I think all fans are behind the team an the club but there is no way we should be expected to be behind KR (unless its to shove him out of the door). At this club KR has been nothing short of a disaster a few improved results now won't change that. I'm not a big fan of sacking managers but there are few who deserve it more than KR, and yet due to the insanity that is our club he seems to have a job for life.

My big fear is what effect this will have on us next season. Survive or relegated if KR stays I think season ticket sales and attendances will be down. Despite his vacuous promises I see another transfer window of badly planned transfers, last minute deals and an endless succession of loans, cripples, and has beens. If we are relegated we could well struggle under KR in league 2.

It is a shame what affect this has had on the fans. Yes there is some anger, but heavens what a lot off apathy. There is little fight in this fan base and that is understandable to some extent (how can you fight someone who you have no idea what they are doing and isn't there).

Personally I will be delighted if we survive, it will feel like an absolute victory after this awful season. It won't however change my feeling towards KR. I would love for him to prove me wrong and for next season to be an almighty success. I gravely fear though the exact opposite will be true.

I don't get this 'its too late' argument.

Not that it is wrong if anyone has changed their mind, but I have firmly been in the KR out camp for a few months now. For a long time he has not been a good short, medium or long term option for us and for me it is just another sad indictment of Tiger's pathetic leadership.

New managers do not always get the positive bounce that is sometimes assumed, but I think the chances of getting someone who would do worse in the last 10 games is negligible. He has had some of last season and 36 games of the current season, he is all over the place - poor team selection, still bizarre post match quotes.

I think the risk of changing him is minimal, it can't get much worse. Give someone else the chance to assess the squad, the same chance KR had last season.

Tiger may not be able to afford / willing to change him, even if that is the case that should not deter us from airing our views. I'll support the players but not KR, get rid.

I don't get this 'its too late' argument.

Not that it is wrong if anyone has changed their mind, but I have firmly been in the KR out camp for a few months now. For a long time he has not been a good short, medium or long term option for us and for me it is just another sad indictment of Tiger's pathetic leadership.

New managers do not always get the positive bounce that is sometimes assumed, but I think the chances of getting someone who would do worse in the last 10 games is negligible. He has had some of last season and 36 games of the current season, he is all over the place - poor team selection, still bizarre post match quotes.

I think the risk of changing him is minimal, it can't get much worse. Give someone else the chance to assess the squad, the same chance KR had last season.

Tiger may not be able to afford / willing to change him, even if that is the case that should not deter us from airing our views. I'll support the players but not KR, get rid.
Two of our closest rivals clearly don’t think it is “too late”!

Upthecowboys not so sure about it can't get worse, remember the last time Tiger set about appointing a new manager. Anything like that again and we would be lucky to get a manager before the end of the season. Plus if we perform like we did under Faz relegation is assured.

IF the owner would sack KR and IF he had a half decent replacement immediately lined up then the new manager could see us safe. However its almost as likely KR can do the same (the thing is it would be the Jim/ Patto relegation argument all over again).

Given what we know of Tiger it may well be safer to stick for now with KR (and pray he can do it).

Back
Top Bottom