He has to go....

KR will still be in charge at the end of season with a likelihood that we will be in league 2 and KR will still be in charge this time next year fighting to keep our league status. Have not been impressed with his recruitment although unlucky with injuries. KR stopped us from going down last season. We were told to be prepared for wow signings as we will challenge for promotion this season. That never happened. When KR was in charge at Charlton his style of play was the same as what we see now at oufc. Some nice passing of the ball with no end product. A lot of huffing and puffing up front. We are in a cul de sac with KR, he needs to go.

If we go down he gets the sack so I guess if we stay up he stays. Not an ideal scenario!

Looking at the fixtures for Tuesday and next Saturday, IF we can get positive results against Rochdale and Bradford - two matches where if we don’t then we don’t deserve to stay up, nor should Robinson expect to stay in a job to be brutally honest - then the league table will look a whole lot better. For now the best we can do is keep our nerve and remain supportive and positive

Looking at the fixtures for Tuesday and next Saturday, IF we can get positive results against Rochdale and Bradford - two matches where if we don’t then we don’t deserve to stay up, nor should Robinson expect to stay in a job to be brutally honest - then the league table will look a whole lot better. For now the best we can do is keep our nerve and remain supportive and positive
If we notch up 2 consecutive wins ( this tues n this saturday) with 6 points added, & Ive a feeling the U's are gonna get maximum points from the next 2 games! , will probably bring a change in perspective from some oufc supporters. Relegation dogfight from now till may involving currently 12 candidates for the four relegation slots.... Im hopeful that come seasons end we wont be one of the 4 worst teams in L1 thia season

If we notch up 2 consecutive wins ( this tues n this saturday) with 6 points added, & Ive a feeling the U's are gonna get maximum points from the next 2 games! , will probably bring a change in perspective from some oufc supporters. Relegation dogfight from now till may involving currently 12 candidates for the four relegation slots.... Im hopeful that come seasons end we wont be one of the 4 worst teams in L1 thia season

I hope you're right Sarge and I share your hope but what if we don't get the 6 points?

It is already too late, I think, to get anyone new in (other than Chrissy Allen) but if we fail in the coming games our last 4 are hard games.

I know this result was unlucky with the penalty shout etc but we're relying on luck because the chairman didn't make a change, whatever his reasons.

And I’ll travel up to Rochdale on Tuesday... Dipshit...
I imagine "Dipshit" is some sort of derogatory remark. If so , it has no place on the forum. We might not all be from the intelligencia but this reply is unacceptable. I suggest you curb your language or not post at all. We do have certain standards.

I hope you're right Sarge and I share your hope but what if we don't get the 6 points?

It is already too late, I think, to get anyone new in (other than Chrissy Allen) but if we fail in the coming games our last 4 are hard games.

I know this result was unlucky with the penalty shout etc but we're relying on luck because the chairman didn't make a change, whatever his reasons.
prefer not to think about what if we dont get 6pts from the next two , at least not today, 30 points is the maximum we can get from now until may , I think/hope/ pray the U's are good enough and more than capable of getting 18 points from the 30 ...which should be enough

agree its way too late in this campaign to consider a change of head coach .... for me, while KR is excitable after a game, and for many his scouse accent grates a bit!( to say the least), I do feel he genuinely is passionate about both football and OUFC. Just about every U18s & U23s games Ive been to, KR has been at those games too.

I think the major issues in recent weeks concerning the first team are KR's ,( or maybe is it down to his twin assistant coaches SD &DE ?), apparent choice to not utilise a few different attacking formations , one up front, one up front, or one up front hasnt resulted in many goals from our solo striker this season, so why persist?

As for our distant chairman/owner .... rightly or wrongly the way I see it, is our owner is a control freak, not great when he oversees he 'train set' from thousands of miles away, refusing to allow any one make any decision without his explicit say so.

Its always interesting being an OUFC supporter, personally Im not that impressed with the way the owner runs things, nor am I particularly happy with KR's one dimensional tactical ideas. Nonetheless as I have done for many years, & hopefully many more yet too, Ill continue to support the Us , chairmen, owners, board members, head coaches and players come and go, it the supporters that remain constant. Most OUFC supporters will still be supporting OUFC long after the current owner, absent board members and head coach are long gone

currently things are far from ideal at OUFC, it wont always look as dismal as it does/ could be though, thankfully

to answer your Q directly @bert .... I honestly dont know, that said until its a mathamatical certainty that we are relegated I'll be giving my 100% support to KR and the squad he selects, on matchdays in the build up to kick off and for the duration of the match... I reserve the right to criticise outside of that though

I’d rather stay up with KR than go down without him

I think that's a given, however I'm not sure I'd like him here next season regardless. In no way, shape or form has this season been a good one, and though I ultimately sympathise with all this work he has to do he is being paid handsomely for it. Provided a clear direction is put in place for the coming years I would shed no tears at ST and KR not being here next season.

In any case, let's focus on the rest of the season, nowt we can do but that.

PS. Mods, can we move this from Matches or merge it with the existing thread, otherwise we'll have a knee-jerk Robbo Out thread after every game.

I think it will be worth you reading the whole thread! People are reacting to the OP's statement: 'Robinson out..... Worst manager ever.. I await the excuses....'

No-one is saying KR is a good manager or looking for excuses for him, but they are stating what we should all know: he is going nowhere until the end of the season at earliest. Being told to 'wake up' is unnecessary. We're all wide awake and aware of our perilous position.
An interesting reply but not really answering the points I mentioned
There are those slagging him off and those who are being more cautious. I didn’t suggest that anyone considered KR a good manager unless you know of someone who does
As for the points i mentioned about the best league position we have been in, and square pegs and round holes... nothing !!!!!!!
I shall look out for the ‘wake up’ comment you refer to which you have randomly mentioned

It seems to me that the vast majority are now in the ‘fed up with Robinson but it’s now too late to replace him until May’ camp. Whatever happens from now until the end of the season, the summer months are going to be interesting. I hope Tiger doesn’t think that all the supporters will conveniently disappear after 4th May until it’s time to renew season tickets again. If so, I think he might get a rude awakening.

Of course we'll all support OUFC till the end and beyond, it it's League One or Two next season. @yellowbow (Oh Billy Billy) has it right in my eyes that most people, certainly me, are in the ‘fed up with Robinson but it’s now too late to replace him until May’ BUT I'm not sure the owner is, cares or gives a s**t where we end up or manages us next season.

Now is NOT the time to sack the manager. The disruption to the playing staff would take too long to settle back down now. We will see it out, then hopefully they will take another look at the end of the season and review it coldly.
Personally, I believe that we never got this show on the road (literally) right from pre-season and the buck stops right there. He is the manager of that mis-management so he will be extremely lucky if he is here to make amends next season.

Unfortunately it's too late to fire him now, November was the time.

Unless blind chance favours us we will be relegated, as he hasn't the nous to manage a team. Or pick a squad.
He’s not even a snappy dresser. Wears the same plastic looking shoes every home game. Not a cravat or Kashmir scarf in sight.

What is a Kashmir scarf? Us posh people choose cashmere darling

Have you actually read this thread? No-one is happy, some less so than others, but KR is going nowhere, at least not yet.

But it’s this apathy from fans and seemingly acceptance of failure that Kr will read as people being behind him. The man is deluded remember.

It’s all about having the guts to do something about it, being pro active, just as Rochdale and others have done. With too many fans it’s, “Oh dear never mind, 9 games left, try again next time, we still support you Mr Robinson.”

In 35 years of following Oxford, he is the worst manager I feel we have had. Yes there was Patterson and kemp, but you knew those clowns had an expiry date.

I fear it’s this apathy from some of “support him until the end of the season” fans that will be as much to blame for any relegation, as the joke that is Kr himself.

But it’s this apathy from fans and seemingly acceptance of failure that Kr will read as people being behind him. The man is deluded remember.

It’s all about having the guts to do something about it, being pro active, just as Rochdale and others have done. With too many fans it’s, “Oh dear never mind, 9 games left, try again next time, we still support you Mr Robinson.”

In 35 years of following Oxford, he is the worst manager I feel we have had. Yes there was Patterson and kemp, but you knew those clowns had an expiry date.

I fear it’s this apathy from some of “support him until the end of the season” fans that will be as much to blame for any relegation, as the joke that is Kr himself.
Speaking personally, I don’t think anybody should support him. I think they should support the players, who in turn determine the fate of the club. Those are two very different things, in my opinion. I think the guy should be essentially ignored and wafted away like a bad smell every time he opens his mouth. I don’t think he should be cheered or booed, but rather treated as though he isn’t even there. Maybe that way he’d stop talking such drivel, because nobody would be listening and therefore nobody would care, which would mean he could just get on with putting a team out which the rest of us could then cheer for almost in spite of him. He’s caused such an almighty and humiliatingly grave mess that it has left me so angry I can’t actually bring myself to have a go at him anymore. Or rather not right now. But don’t think for one second that there are many people saying HE should be supported personally. One or two might still back him, incredibly, but the overwhelming majority of fans will be saying it’s the team who need to be encouraged, and that baying for his blood is unlikely to help them for what’s left of this season.

I would love to hear he’s gone at absolutely any point. I don’t want him to stay another minute, and I think his deluded nature is dangerous, because the only thing worse than someone who is bad at their job is someone who is bad at their job but thinks they aren’t. The reality, though, is that he is going absolutely nowhere this season. He probably isn’t going anywhere next season either, even if he takes us down, but that’s another issue for another time. I honestly believe that there could be a riot inside the stadium and it wouldn’t make any difference. Our owner doesn’t even care about paying bills to the state on time - he isn’t interested in anything anybody has to say about the manager that he hired when he bought his train set. KR is so bulletproof that I’m surprised the army haven’t taken him in for testing. So with that in mind, what do we do? We can’t make the owner sack him, and any meaningful and vociferous protesting against him is only likely to distract a group of struggling and underperforming players further. We, as fans, are absolutely snookered. He’s here for the run in no matter what, and that means we are left with a choice of potentially damaging things even further by turning the atmosphere even more toxic than it already is, or trying as best we can to put the vitriol towards the manager to one side and get behind the players who wear the shirt. I don’t think that’s apathetic, I think that’s simply reality.

Do I think there is a manager going who could actually do a worse job than he is? Genuinely, no. I think absolutely anybody would at least not be any worse, even if they’re not any better, and that his record here going back a full calendar year is simply appalling. Factually and statistically the guy is an absolute joke, but what are we actually going to do about it at this stage? Given everything we know to be true about just how safe his job is, what are we all SUPPOSED to do that will help? Strictly speaking in terms of the next seven weeks or so, what is the solution? Because I really, really don’t see one beyond pushing it to one side and getting behind the players as strongly as possible.

I’m no ostrich and I’ve never been one for apathy, but I’m certainly one for realism and I truly think this is the only choice left, however sad and ridiculous I and indeed anybody else may think that notion is. The guy shouldn’t be anywhere near this football club after the last year, but he is, and he’s going nowhere before May. So do we try to focus on what hope we’ve got left in the form of the players stumbling out of the swamp, or do we tear the whole thing down once and for all?

Back
Top Bottom