He has to go....

He’s assembled a lopsided and short term squad with a very large, super competitive budget, so even if we stay up he’s woefully underachieved with a terrible points-to-game ratio of 60-odd matches going back to last March. The facts are there for anybody to see - he’s been shockingly bad.

BUT... we are where we are and for the next ten games I don’t this sort of thing is ideal. I’ve been brutally critical of KR for a good amount of time, but as soon as it became obvious he’s here no matter what, the priority has to be trying to support the team as much as possible. We need to get out of this and even if a lot of people are thinking the same thing, it has to be shelved until May. Then, whether it’s good news or bad in terms of our league status, it’s open season. But until then I just don’t think it’s going to achieve anything.

Ten games to scramble together enough points to survive, and two enormous games are about to take place this coming week that could well define how successful the fight will be. I really think that for now, just for these last ten matches, everything needs to be pushed aside.
Good post. Sums it all up perfectly.

And cluelessness is different to clueless how?!

It's amazing how a defeat brings out all the dipshits!! Look forward to a win on Tuesday and getting rid of your like for a few days!!
I was there .... How about you scotchegg.... the man is a clown....but then you being a keyboard warrior only speak what you hear on radio Oxford..... I’m a season ticket holder.... dipshit....

We have won 9 games out of 36.... wake up people.... We have a chairman that basically does not give a s**t....And a clueless manager that is still getting off on beating Man Utd youth in the Micky mouse cup.... WAKE UP all of Micheal Appleton’s hard work has gone... We have some fantastic players but also some basically average ones... Lose Tuesday and we’re toast...:

Out of interest, what makes you say the chairman doesn’t give a sh...?

There is nothing to gain from sacking him at this stage of the season other than to create disarray and confusion in the squad.

Kashi played very well when coming on at half time today but i guess you're suggesting he should have brought Marcus Browne on as the holding midfielder?

Apart from a lapse defending a corner in the last minute (clearly the managers fault) we would have got a well earned away point, something i would have taken at the start of the day. We defended well today but just lacked a little bit of quality in the final third, effort was terrific from all players

Normally I would agree, but on this occasion we been down around the relegation area all season!
A new man could not do any worse plus it would give him a chance to look over the squad for the post season clear out and recruitment.

It quick question to all as it would be interesting to get people’s views on this. If we do avoid relegation this season, could Robinson do anything to regain the supporters trust to remain in charge for next season? If so, what would he need to do in the close season?

It quick question to all as it would be interesting to get people’s views on this. If we do avoid relegation this season, could Robinson do anything to regain the supporters trust to remain in charge for next season? If so, what would he need to do in the close season?
We’d have to finish the season really strongly, only one more defeat, then get Hylton back in May. Then we’d consider it

For me, he has to sign Messi, Sterling and Aguero. That won’t happen, so he can go forth.

If we do avoid relegation this season, could Robinson do anything to regain the supporters trust to remain in charge for next season?
Not for me. I think he has spent quite a lot of money fairly badly, is tactically inept and talks rubbish. I don't like the way he asks the team to play, and his record at the club speaks for itself. 'Finishing the season strongly' would mean avoiding relegation - and that is not 'success' in any meaningful sense of the word except that it will make the next manager's life a bit easier. With him in charge, I suspect we wouldn't be able to attract many decent players in the summer - if we think he is a pillock, it's a pound to a penny that players within the club and elsewhere think so too (whatever they say in public).

For me, he has to sign Messi, Sterling and Aguero. That won’t happen, so he can go forth.
I’m sure by the end of April he’ll be enthusiastically telling anyone who’ll listen that this is the calibre of player he’s talking to!

I haven’t been thro all of this post
But we have some on here slagging KR, because we lost yesterday, against a poor team, and there are some defending him
A question to someone that may know
What is the highest position we have been in this season ???
I don’t think the answer will make good reading
We seem to play a formation that suits KR
But isn’t one that favours the strengths of the players - square pegs in round holes .....

Not for me. I think he has spent quite a lot of money fairly badly, is tactically inept and talks rubbish. I don't like the way he asks the team to play, and his record at the club speaks for itself. 'Finishing the season strongly' would mean avoiding relegation - and that is not 'success' in any meaningful sense of the word except that it will make the next manager's life a bit easier. With him in charge, I suspect we wouldn't be able to attract many decent players in the summer - if we think he is a pillock, it's a pound to a penny that players within the club and elsewhere think so too (whatever they say in public).
^^^ EXACTLY THIS

He’d have a better chance of sorting out Brexit than ever convincing me he’s a good manager who should keep his job beyond this season.

KR will still be in charge at the end of season with a likelihood that we will be in league 2 and KR will still be in charge this time next year fighting to keep our league status. Have not been impressed with his recruitment although unlucky with injuries. KR stopped us from going down last season. We were told to be prepared for wow signings as we will challenge for promotion this season. That never happened. When KR was in charge at Charlton his style of play was the same as what we see now at oufc. Some nice passing of the ball with no end product. A lot of huffing and puffing up front. We are in a cul de sac with KR, he needs to go.

Darren Moore...now available..talking of manager go round...if only we were 4th..still losing/drawing to/with bottom team usually does it ho ho

You won't get many excuses, but you might get a few more rational observations.

This just proves football is a game of fine margins. Two wins in a row and most posters on here were in good spirits. A minute away from a creditable point at Gillingham which would have kept everyone reasonably happy, then a lapse in defence and we're back in the relegation zone.

I don't think Robinson has proved himself capable of a promotion push next season, even if he was given money to spend, but he's going nowhere as Tiger is still in love, so we're rather stuck with him.

On to Rochdale. If we fail there then maybe abject pessimism would be more appropriate.

As of now the relegation death bell isn’t ringing but I can’t hrlp but feel we need to be 5 points clear when we hit our last four games given what a tough run in it is

KR will still be in charge at the end of season with a likelihood that we will be in league 2 and KR will still be in charge this time next year fighting to keep our league status. Have not been impressed with his recruitment although unlucky with injuries. KR stopped us from going down last season. We were told to be prepared for wow signings as we will challenge for promotion this season. That never happened. When KR was in charge at Charlton his style of play was the same as what we see now at oufc. Some nice passing of the ball with no end product. A lot of huffing and puffing up front. We are in a cul de sac with KR, he needs to go.
Has he been unlucky with injuries though? Or, more to the point, more unlucky than anyone else. Or has he failed to build a squad capable of withstanding the amount of injuries one can expect? Any player becomes a key player if there’s no adequate cover for his position.

Has he been unlucky with injuries though? Or, more to the point, more unlucky than anyone else. Or has he failed to build a squad capable of withstanding the amount of injuries one can expect? Any player becomes a key player if there’s no adequate cover for his position.
Arguably unlucky at the beginning of the season which is still costing us now in regard to how far behind we were. Since October/November our injuries have been no worse than anyone else and potentially better seeing how we've not lost key players.

The issue with the squad balance is true, but I guess that would apply across many teams at our level. Eastwood has been nailed on starting for 2 years, so a like for like replacement wouldn't have been expected. Carruthers on the other hand was certainly someone who would have been expected to have been a regular, but his absence was less obvious due to having several other options to play with.

Back
Top Bottom