He has to go....

I think many (including me) are resigned to Robinson still being here until the end of the season - and I'm just hoping that somehow we manage to scrape enough points to still be in this division next season. Our absentee owner isn't going to sack him, that has become obvious - or he would have done it weeks or months ago.

I just don't believe that because we won a game at Blackpool by 'absorbing pressure' and then scoring a worldy, that is a recipe for getting points with any sort of consistency. I hope we play a more positive game on Tuesday.

If the ball had bounced in off Sinclairs bum you’d be fairly happy now. Robinson isn’t great but there’s no point throwing your toys out of the pram just because we let in a late goal

If the ball had bounced in off Sinclairs bum you’d be fairly happy now. Robinson isn’t great but there’s no point throwing your toys out of the pram just because we let in a late goal

So he has to remain manager because we might of fluked a goal? Ringing endorsement that.

A change would make no difference now, but he shouldn’t be here next season come what ever as his record is appalling, let alone if he gets us relegatated.

So he has to remain manager because we might of fluked a goal? Ringing endorsement that.

A change would make no difference now, but he shouldn’t be here next season come what ever as his record is appalling, let alone if he gets us relegatated.
I wouldn’t be unhappy if he left in the summer. I just get fed up with people throwing a strop when we lose narrowly, but staying silent when we win narrowly, as we did the previous two weeks. You can’t blame Robinson for every incident in the game.

I just don’t think today was an inherently bad performance. As others have said, hindsight is 20:20 and had we held out for a draw, playing a system that got us a win at a playoff chaser and won us the game against Scunny (gamechanging bringing on Whyte in that game) no one would have been too disappointed.

I do think our poor performance at set pieces though, at both ends of the pitch, is very concerning. With the personnel we have, we should be far more threatening when attacking, and at the other end, losing two headers in the final minute from a corner today was absolutely criminal.

Whatever anyone’s views of Robinson are this is a totally pointless thread. He’s staying, so we all need to put frustrations to one side for now and support him and the team. We’ve still got a chance of survival so let’s concentrate on that and do all we can to help get the team over the line. If we fail, the recriminations can start after May 4th.

• React
Reactions: Ian
We have won 9 games out of 36.... wake up people.... We have a chairman that basically does not give a s**t....And a clueless manager that is still getting off on beating Man Utd youth in the Micky mouse cup.... WAKE UP all of Micheal Appleton’s hard work has gone... We have some fantastic players but also some basically average ones... Lose Tuesday and we’re toast...:

And he had Brannigan and Browne on the bench and he brought on Ahmed fuckin Kashi.... Cluelessness at its best

There is nothing to gain from sacking him at this stage of the season other than to create disarray and confusion in the squad.

Kashi played very well when coming on at half time today but i guess you're suggesting he should have brought Marcus Browne on as the holding midfielder?

Apart from a lapse defending a corner in the last minute (clearly the managers fault) we would have got a well earned away point, something i would have taken at the start of the day. We defended well today but just lacked a little bit of quality in the final third, effort was terrific from all players

Can't understand why a potential match-winner is held back for so long. Surely a match winner should be demonstrating his skills for 90 minutes, not just from the moment we fall behind or look to be hapless !! Surely this is black and WHITE !!!!!

He’s assembled a lopsided and short term squad with a very large, super competitive budget, so even if we stay up he’s woefully underachieved with a terrible points-to-game ratio of 60-odd matches going back to last March. The facts are there for anybody to see - he’s been shockingly bad.

BUT... we are where we are and for the next ten games I don’t this sort of thing is ideal. I’ve been brutally critical of KR for a good amount of time, but as soon as it became obvious he’s here no matter what, the priority has to be trying to support the team as much as possible. We need to get out of this and even if a lot of people are thinking the same thing, it has to be shelved until May. Then, whether it’s good news or bad in terms of our league status, it’s open season. But until then I just don’t think it’s going to achieve anything.

Ten games to scramble together enough points to survive, and two enormous games are about to take place this coming week that could well define how successful the fight will be. I really think that for now, just for these last ten matches, everything needs to be pushed aside.

He’s assembled a lopsided and short term squad with a very large, super competitive budget, so even if we stay up he’s woefully underachieved with a terrible points-to-game ratio of 60-odd matches going back to last March. The facts are there for anybody to see - he’s been shockingly bad.

BUT... we are where we are and for the next ten games I don’t this sort of thing is ideal. I’ve been brutally critical of KR for a good amount of time, but as soon as it became obvious he’s here no matter what, the priority has to be trying to support the team as much as possible. We need to get out of this and even if a lot of people are thinking the same thing, it has to be shelved until May. Then, whether it’s good news or bad in terms of our league status, it’s open season. But until then I just don’t think it’s going to achieve anything.

Ten games to scramble together enough points to survive, and two enormous games are about to take place this coming week that could well define how successful the fight will be. I really think that for now, just for these last ten matches, everything needs to be pushed aside.
Spot on post. Karl Robinson will not bring success to Oxford United as long as he has a hole in his a**e. Hes our worst ever manager for me bar Rix.

Unfortunately we are dependent on him and the shitstorm of a squad hes assembled to kerp us up via a few good results.

We have to support him, and then pray our owner sees sense in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom