He has to go....

stokeu

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
What is a Kashmir scarf? Us posh people choose cashmere darling

Mellowyellow

Have you actually read this thread? No-one is happy, some less so than others, but KR is going nowhere, at least not yet.
But it’s this apathy from fans and seemingly acceptance of failure that Kr will read as people being behind him. The man is deluded remember.

It’s all about having the guts to do something about it, being pro active, just as Rochdale and others have done. With too many fans it’s, “Oh dear never mind, 9 games left, try again next time, we still support you Mr Robinson.”

In 35 years of following Oxford, he is the worst manager I feel we have had. Yes there was Patterson and kemp, but you knew those clowns had an expiry date.

I fear it’s this apathy from some of “support him until the end of the season” fans that will be as much to blame for any relegation, as the joke that is Kr himself.

RyanioBirdio

But it’s this apathy from fans and seemingly acceptance of failure that Kr will read as people being behind him. The man is deluded remember.

It’s all about having the guts to do something about it, being pro active, just as Rochdale and others have done. With too many fans it’s, “Oh dear never mind, 9 games left, try again next time, we still support you Mr Robinson.”

In 35 years of following Oxford, he is the worst manager I feel we have had. Yes there was Patterson and kemp, but you knew those clowns had an expiry date.

I fear it’s this apathy from some of “support him until the end of the season” fans that will be as much to blame for any relegation, as the joke that is Kr himself.
Speaking personally, I don’t think anybody should support him. I think they should support the players, who in turn determine the fate of the club. Those are two very different things, in my opinion. I think the guy should be essentially ignored and wafted away like a bad smell every time he opens his mouth. I don’t think he should be cheered or booed, but rather treated as though he isn’t even there. Maybe that way he’d stop talking such drivel, because nobody would be listening and therefore nobody would care, which would mean he could just get on with putting a team out which the rest of us could then cheer for almost in spite of him. He’s caused such an almighty and humiliatingly grave mess that it has left me so angry I can’t actually bring myself to have a go at him anymore. Or rather not right now. But don’t think for one second that there are many people saying HE should be supported personally. One or two might still back him, incredibly, but the overwhelming majority of fans will be saying it’s the team who need to be encouraged, and that baying for his blood is unlikely to help them for what’s left of this season.

I would love to hear he’s gone at absolutely any point. I don’t want him to stay another minute, and I think his deluded nature is dangerous, because the only thing worse than someone who is bad at their job is someone who is bad at their job but thinks they aren’t. The reality, though, is that he is going absolutely nowhere this season. He probably isn’t going anywhere next season either, even if he takes us down, but that’s another issue for another time. I honestly believe that there could be a riot inside the stadium and it wouldn’t make any difference. Our owner doesn’t even care about paying bills to the state on time - he isn’t interested in anything anybody has to say about the manager that he hired when he bought his train set. KR is so bulletproof that I’m surprised the army haven’t taken him in for testing. So with that in mind, what do we do? We can’t make the owner sack him, and any meaningful and vociferous protesting against him is only likely to distract a group of struggling and underperforming players further. We, as fans, are absolutely snookered. He’s here for the run in no matter what, and that means we are left with a choice of potentially damaging things even further by turning the atmosphere even more toxic than it already is, or trying as best we can to put the vitriol towards the manager to one side and get behind the players who wear the shirt. I don’t think that’s apathetic, I think that’s simply reality.

Do I think there is a manager going who could actually do a worse job than he is? Genuinely, no. I think absolutely anybody would at least not be any worse, even if they’re not any better, and that his record here going back a full calendar year is simply appalling. Factually and statistically the guy is an absolute joke, but what are we actually going to do about it at this stage? Given everything we know to be true about just how safe his job is, what are we all SUPPOSED to do that will help? Strictly speaking in terms of the next seven weeks or so, what is the solution? Because I really, really don’t see one beyond pushing it to one side and getting behind the players as strongly as possible.

I’m no ostrich and I’ve never been one for apathy, but I’m certainly one for realism and I truly think this is the only choice left, however sad and ridiculous I and indeed anybody else may think that notion is. The guy shouldn’t be anywhere near this football club after the last year, but he is, and he’s going nowhere before May. So do we try to focus on what hope we’ve got left in the form of the players stumbling out of the swamp, or do we tear the whole thing down once and for all?

yellowbow

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
I agree, I also feel that Robinson will be manager for as long as Tiger owns the football club. Robinson is the ‘football man’ that Tiger clings to like a security blanket.

For now, all we can do is try and help the team scramble over the line.

Reynolds97

If he was ever going to be sacked I thought it may have been after the Luton game. Now I feel it would be pointless sacking him at this stage of the season, would anyone have faith in Tiger to find decent replacement? Safest job in the football league.

Pete Burrett

Very good post from @RyanioBirdio. We are going round in circles somewhat, but most seem to accept that a) we don't want KR here but b) he ain't going anywhere any time soon.

Those messages keep being repeated on here. There are one or two who still keep banging the 'he must go now' drum (pointless given Tiger's love for him, however frustrating that love might be) but few (if any?) looking forward to his longer term tenure.

Cass63

Totally agree with you ryaniobirdio, but if anyone can do a better job wouldn’t it be better to get anyone in to try and keep us up?, tiger is as much of a waste of space as kr but no one knows how the next games are going to go, Rochdale sacked their manager as did Bradford in the last fortnight and both won at the weekend, I’m not saying it’s a proven method but we are back in the s**t again and doing nothing makes it seem like we are accepting this s**t.

Notaswindonfan

KR
Totally agree with you ryaniobirdio, but if anyone can do a better job wouldn’t it be better to get anyone in to try and keep us up?, tiger is as much of a waste of space as kr but no one knows how the next games are going to go, Rochdale sacked their manager as did Bradford in the last fortnight and both won at the weekend, I’m not saying it’s a proven method but we are back in the st again and doing nothing makes it seem like we are accepting this st.
KR lost his first game in charge of us

Simon Bradders

You won't get many excuses, but you might get a few more rational observations.

This just proves football is a game of fine margins. Two wins in a row and most posters on here were in good spirits. A minute away from a creditable point at Gillingham which would have kept everyone reasonably happy, then a lapse in defence and we're back in the relegation zone.

I don't think Robinson has proved himself capable of a promotion push next season, even if he was given money to spend, but he's going nowhere as Tiger is still in love, so we're rather stuck with him.

On to Rochdale. If we fail there then maybe abject pessimism would be more appropriate.
I have not once changed my mind on him even after a couple of wins, draws or defeats. I do accept that some of our fans, are jumping from keeping him to removing him based on a single positive or negative result.

He could win the next four games and I still want him out.

For a man who proudly and calmly away from matchday interviews conducts himself relatively coherently and insists he is man who never offers excuses he acts in the polar opposite for the rest of the time. For a guy who infered the fans won't break or come between his 'bond/close relationship' with Tiger he has a delusional view of himself. He is disingenuous in the media and when talking about his players.

Following the disgraceful behaviour and antics around Gavin Whyte and his call-up to his country which shamed our football club, he now has demanded an official be sacked. Let alone the constant unprofessional digs towards other officials. Derry and Robinson are one removed from Evans and Rayner IMO.

He might be an exceptional coach but he's an awful football manager. But don't worry, we're one win away from 13th..................and those who jump about can say they've been proved right that we were right to stick with him. This is now the current PR line. Desperate.

Tiger will get what he deserves with Robinson in charge.

CheltenhamYellow

I have not once changed my mind on him even after a couple of wins, draws or defeats. I do accept that some of our fans, are jumping from keeping him to removing him based on a single positive or negative result.

He could win the next four games and I still want him out.

For a man who proudly and calmly away from matchday interviews conducts himself relatively coherently and insists he is man who never offers excuses he acts in the polar opposite for the rest of the time. For a guy who infered the fans won't break or come between his 'bond/close relationship' with Tiger he has a delusional view of himself. He is disingenuous in the media and when talking about his players.

Following the disgraceful behaviour and antics around Gavin Whyte and his call-up to his country which shamed our football club, he now has demanded an official be sacked. Let alone the constant unprofessional digs towards other officials. Derry and Robinson are one removed from Evans and Rayner IMO.

He might be an exceptional coach but he's an awful football manager. But don't worry, we're one win away from 13th..................and those who jump about can say they've been proved right that we were right to stick with him. This is now the current PR line. Desperate.

Tiger will get what he deserves with Robinson in charge.
Yes, he’s a very poor manager but nothing he has done this season has remotely suggested he might be a good coach, let alone an exceptional one.

Reactions: PC

curransleftboot

"We defended well today but just lacked a little bit of quality in the final third ".
But hasn't that been the problem most of the season? The point is nothing is changing. Whether you accept Robinson is staying or not - until he changes his approach the same result is likely every game.
IMO until 4 4 2 is tried consecutively it will be the same old story with no real threat on the opposition goal with a lone striker and our wingers who are often doubled up on (easy to do when there's only one striker to worry about) and no midfielder who has the confidence or consistency to make penalty area runs and put the ball in the net.

Top Bottom