National News Have you been sent home?

Has your workplace closed/partially closed?

• Yes - working from home

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Yes - cannot work from home, but getting paid

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Yes - unpaid

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Went in this morning, on the back of the new government advice and was told we can work from home as of today. I'm sure the novelty will wear off after a week or so....

What's happened at your workplace?

Went in this morning, on the back of the new government advice and was told we can work from home as of today. I'm sure the novelty will wear off after a week or so....

What's happened at your workplace?
How long for,what’s happening with all the other staff?, keep safe

Voted working from home, but I'm on 14 day isolation, so extra option really. Had I not been in isolation, would be working from home

being self-employed, part of my work is partially' from home' even when there's no covoid 19 around

one aspect of what I do has seen 2 cancellations, albeit work that is near impossible to do from home!

How long for,what’s happening with all the other staff?, keep safe
Not sure, there was no return date.

Kitchen and scouts all off work now. Most of admin working from home.

Yards and maintenance are in, but only one person for a few hours a day.

Started last Friday. Working at home for initial 3 weeks but will certainly be extended. I’m lucky. Can do my job fully from home given the tech tools I use.

I usually wfh 1 day a week. There are good hints and tips to share.

1. get dressed
2. Form a routine
3. Get up and have a walk round or move to a diff chair/room regularly
4. go for a walk at lunchtime and after office hours (be sensible)
5. Speak to people via phone/hangouts/FaceTime etc regularly
6. Eat! But instead of snack attack - chew gum

Yep, defined as 'at risk' so forced to go home.

Spent yesterday afternoon arguing to be allowed to remain in work - which was a very odd experience!

Been at home since yesterday. We rely on the football season so the last day or so has been just doing dull admin

Started last Friday. Working at home for initial 3 weeks but will certainly be extended. I’m lucky. Can do my job fully from home given the tech tools I use.

I usually wfh 1 day a week. There are good hints and tips to share.

1. get dressed
2. Form a routine
3. Get up and have a walk round or move to a diff chair/room regularly
4. go for a walk at lunchtime and after office hours (be sensible)
5. Speak to people via phone/hangouts/FaceTime etc regularly
6. Eat! But instead of snack attack - chew gum
7. If you're prone to thinking "just one won't hurt", keep all booze locked away and give someone else the key.

Yesterdays announcement from the BHA has kicked me where it hurts most.

if you're working from home Fourtstand gives some very valid advice.

As a largely home worker pre-Covid, the latest advice for the UK is still to use the office if your role permits it, but to be careful and work from home if you aren't essential staff. Also, customer visits can only be done with senior approval.

As a largely home worker pre-Covid, the latest advice for the UK is still to use the office if your role permits it, but to be careful and work from home if you aren't essential staff. Also, customer visits can only be done with senior approval.
What happens if someone's partner has to social distance (pregnant or immune issues), does other one have to also do the same?

No point in one doing it, getting public transport then going home!

What happens if someone's partner has to social distance (pregnant or immune issues), does other one have to also do the same?

No point in one doing it, getting public transport then going home!
The advise is to be pragmatic and careful. The office spaces are being deep cleaned each evening and sanitiser, etc is available as needed. It's ironic since the cleaners up until last week have been very poor with their job...

Unfortunately, the nature of the business means some parts cannot easily work from home as they need access to silo'd kit, etc that is not accessible via VPN, etc.

Been told to isolate by work but can’t work from home unless I want to post my letters through my letter box continually for 6 hours.