Have we been taken over?

Mellowyellow

Is Eales making these decisions?
These actions point towards other involvement behind the scenes,
Thoughts?

Why could Eales not of made the decision? Just because he backed Appleton through bad results doesn’t mean he will do the same to another manager.

Eales has access to all of the background information that we don’t, the results didn’t go Appleton’s way to begin with but he was building something, learning and improving while keeping good relationships with everyone and had bought into the whole ethos that Ashton/Eales wanted at the club while the club was in transition from previous to new ownership.

Clotet came in after we had been promoted and stabilised in league one, it may not of been a perfect situation but it was better than the hand that Appleton was dealt. Clotet went his own way with player recruitment, obviously with Eales backing but still he must of convinced him that it would bring success, when it didn’t, and the foreign player have flopped badly, only one person was going to take the blame for it.

Add in some terrible performances on top of worsening form, the fact he was given new players he was reluctant to play, rumours of not getting on with backroom staff (which Eales would know the truth of) and Eales was in decision making time.

It’s amazing how desperate people seem to be to think this has anything to do with a take over.

With MApp you could see a clear direction with how he wanted to take the club forward. Clotet seemed a bit lost and Eales probably saw through this.

Results and performances were in decline so it makes sense to get rid now.

He isn't the first manager Eales has sacked since buying us, he got rid of Waddock on his first day, somwhy people keep saying this is out of character is beyond me, I am pretty certain he has sacked people in his other jobs. Appleton got given the first season as we were in such a mess and he was Ashton's man, after that he was hardly going to be under pressure considering that he achieved a promotion while bringing in and improving players we have sold for million's.

Eales must have realised unrest amongst the fans over what’s been happening on the pitch, had he not made the necessary decision in removing Clotet then I believe we would have been fighting relegation in March if not sooner. Whatever happens now behind the scenes I hope the dressing room is regained because under Clotet he lost the respect and the dressing room and I think the players are quietly relieved.

Eales must have realised unrest amongst the fans over what’s been happening on the pitch, had he not made the necessary decision in removing Clotet then I believe we would have been fighting relegation in March if not sooner. Whatever happens now behind the scenes I hope the dressing room is regained because under Clotet he lost the respect and the dressing room and I think the players are quietly relieved.

I'm sorry but there is a lot of conjecture going around. How on earth would you know Pep had lost the dressing room?

I'm sorry but there is a lot of conjecture going around. How on earth would you know Pep had lost the dressing room?

Baz was telling me on Saturday that he bumped into Pep outside Grenfell Tower and Pep asked Baz if he knew where it had gone (the dressing room).

Back
Top Bottom