Have OxVox signed an NDA as well?

uptheus

Been very quiet from OxVox this last week too, so just wondered if they've signed an NDA too? Just odd not to have any statement from them or may be I didn't get the email again?

Don't expect OxVox to make a disclosure about a NDA do you?

I’ve moved with the times and got digital music [emoji6]. What’s the matter, club starting to put all the things u were moaning about right, WE a no go, so back to Oxvox bashing . U need a hobby

Putting things right, not that I've noticed, and I'm not bothered whether it's Water Eaton or anywhere, I'm only interested in what helps our club more forward, and to be honest I'm more concerned than I'm happy at the moment.

Put it this way, there's nothing more I'd like to see than Darryl behaving like he did 3+ years ago, but I don't see evidence of that. In fact I feel as if he's acting almost completely the opposite.

Last edited:
So u haven’t noticed a new md, a new head of academy, 2 new academy coaches, work to finalise the training ground situation ? Even if u were a dwarf I’d bet you’d never be happy

Putting things right, not that I've noticed, and I'm not bothered whether it's Water Eaton or anywhere, I'm only interested in what helps our club more forward, and to be honest I'm more concerned than I'm happy at the moment.

Put it this way, there's nothing more I'd like to see than Darryl behaving like he did 3+ years ago, but I don't see evidence of that. In fact I feel as if he's acting almost completely the opposite.

Agree with that, but maybe it's because he's doing the same stuff but with a different approach?

So u haven’t noticed a new md, a new head of academy, 2 new academy coaches, work to finalise the training ground situation ? Even if u were a dwarf I’d bet you’d never be happy

And the band kept playing on the titanic!

I'd question the md situation. I mean, even he doesn't know how long he'll be here.

Yes, I liked the sound of Dan, quite refreshing, but I do worry how long he'll stick around under if the lack of direction continues. Be interesting if he's so upbeat in 6 months or so if things remain the same.

Regarding the training ground, yes will be good, but it does feel as though this is peripheral in terms of a financial commitment by the club and more related to the council bailing us out, so not completely providing evidence of financial support within, if you know what I mean.

Wondered how long it would take

New forum but same old De and Oxvox bashing

You can please all of the people some of the time but never some of the people all of the time

Every one of us will have varied opinions on all things Oxford United whether it be players staff manager Owner Ground but why a need for this constant bickering, it's tiresome.

No md ever knows how long he will be in the role ? U moaned we didn’t have one now ur moaning we do. We have had constant cost cutting claims over the academy, that gets put right u still moan. And through it all there is the constant digs at Oxvox

I don't remember moaning that we didn't have an MD, and to be honest to some extent I don't and didn't know what roles and positions were/are vacate at the club.

Regarding the new MD, he seems a nice enough guy, but he certainly didn't fill me with confidence about where we're going or that he's in it for the long haul. I actually got the feeling he was just filling a void.

Now Dan come across as a man who had vision, drive and enthusiasm etc, so like I say, I hope he still has those traits in 6 months or so. But I did notice he had an 'oh s**t what have I done' look in his eyes when he heard some of the stuff being said.

I remember talking to a number of players a few years ago when Kassam was in charge, and them telling me that they joined because what they saw e.g. a nice shiny new stadium and what appeared to be a club on the up, but within weeks the reality really set in and they regretted the move/coming here.

Re OxVox, it's not a dig, I would have thought the fans representation would have come out with some statement/concern re; the sacking of a manager at a pivotal point in the season, and the lack of communication and direction from the club, wouldn't you?

Don't even you find that odd?

No md ever knows how long he will be in the role ? U moaned we didn’t have one now ur moaning we do. We have had constant cost cutting claims over the academy, that gets put right u still moan. And through it all there is the constant digs at Oxvox

I don't remember moaning that we didn't have an MD, and to be honest to some extent I don't and didn't know what roles and positions were/are vacate at the club.

Regarding the new MD, he seems a nice enough guy, but he certainly didn't fill me with confidence about where we're going or that he's in it for the long haul. I actually got the feeling he was just filling a void.

Now Dan come across as a man who had vision, drive and enthusiasm etc, so like I say, I hope he still has those traits in 6 months or so. But I did notice he had an 'oh s**t what have I done' look in his eyes when he heard some of the stuff being said.

I remember talking to a number of players a few years ago when Kassam was in charge, and them telling me that they joined because what they saw e.g. a nice shiny new stadium and what appeared to be a club on the up, but within weeks the reality really set in and they regretted the move/coming here.

Re OxVox, it's not a dig, I would have thought the fans representation would have come out with some statement/concern re; the sacking of a manager at a pivotal point in the season, and the lack of communication and direction from the club, wouldn't you?

Don't even you find that odd?

No not really. My first thoughts on waking up (besides family issues)

Do we have a new owner
Do we have a new manager
Do we have any new players

Not once do I log straight into my emails to see if Oxvox have sorted the situation.

De is away yet u still want them questioning him and getting answers. The rest of the club are not talking to the oxmail, bbc oxford, none of the players are on social media, yet u find it strange they are not all keeping Oxvox up to date with proceedings ?

Concern at the sacking really? why the need for a fans representative to make a statement on this matter?

Not in isolation, but the general direction of the club or should I say lack of it.

OxVox recently held a members meeting, of which minutes have been issued. Since then, nothing has actually changed at the club, other than the manager being sacked. Although this is an important issue, it is not one that a supporters trust would normally comment on, as the committee would have their own personal views on it, as they would all playing matters.

So what actually do you want us to say, that we haven't already said? Or do you just want something, anything, to be able to pick apart and criticise?

Edit: Looks like I've risen to the goading Pete.

Funnily enough, I didn't get them either.

Like you say Colin, it is an important issue, so don't you think OxVox (fans representation) would actually comment about what they think about the situation at the club e.g. Direction of the club, timing of the sacking and possible take-over rumours etc?

Did u not read the next line after he said it was an important issue ??????

Yes, so I wonder what are their personal views from a fans perspective regarding the current status of the club.

Like I said before, what have oxvox ever done for us, really quiet, you are supposed to be the voice of the fans, how’s Daryl, where’s daryl, what the f**k is going on, or don’t you want to ask leading questions in case you annoy him, bit like ogb, how’s that going.

Spoken with passion!

I'm a bit confused though. Are you complaining about a lack of interaction between OUFC and OxVox over Pep and the future of the club? Or are you really suggesting OxVox have NEVER done anything for the fans?

If the former, perhaps there's nothing to report? Pep has gone, as we know. If Mr Eales is choosing to keep quiet about future ownership, what are OxVox supposed to do? Get the thumb screws out?

If the latter, you really should get yourself on the committee next time there's an opening. Change things from the inside. Put those who simply moan and bitch from the sidelines about the lack of reports about nothing back into their dark places.

Just make a statement saying that we're really disappointed with the lack of communication and direction from the club, and that it's affecting the feeling on and off the field surrounding the club.

Edit; or that it's having a negative impact for the club and undoing all the positive work put in over the last 3 years or so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom