Harvey Bradbury leaves the club

Lofthouse is another-amongst others too, -in the last 2 U18s games I've seen he's scored a brace in each....he seems to have a bit of a natural goal scoring ability
Yes agree Lofthouse looks a good prospect.
A wide man who seems to score a lot of goals- never a bad thing!

I am not surprised.
I went to watch the U23s play at Thame v Hull.
Bradbury was a substitute who came on near the end
He has been on the bench for Woking I believe.
I suspect that the club want players in the U23s who will seriously challenge for the first team. As a striker they need to be first choice for the U23s and able to easily get into Wokings team.
probably his least decent appearance for u23s that I've seen was that one

re any (young) player not being able to get into a team theyve been loaned to may depend on how the manager/head coach sees things.... we have a few loanees that dont/ havent feature(d) very much in our first team

.....And???
Happens every season at this stage - with or without the Devs. If anything I'd say we've signed more 1st year pros this year than for a long time, and even accounting for some perhaps just blooding out the U23s, I'd still say the number set to grow into the senior squad (in time) is as high as ever.

Its sad for them ....

agree it always happens this time every season
I hope we have more home grown local talent progressing all the way through the various levels to the first team , in the future

How good does McCreadie look Sarge?
I see he has been offered a pro contract which is good news?

Its sad for them ....

agree it always happens this time every season
I hope we have more home grown local talent progressing all the way through the various levels to the first team , in the future
Fair enough - just felt that your comment read more as a comment on the club rather than sympathy for the individuals.

How good does McCreadie look Sarge?
I see he has been offered a pro contract which is good news?
Definately good news ... hes a decent midfielder from what Ive seen of him .... one of the problems watching U23s and U18s is , especially at U18s games .... for, Im very reliably informed, legal reasons, re U18s specifically... there are no teamsheets etc issued/ available for spectators, & players dont have their names on the shirts (same legal reasons?), unless theres anyone in the know as to who is who in close vicinity (to ask) its not easy working out which player is which/ or who

Fair enough - just felt that your comment read more as a comment on the club rather than sympathy for the individuals.
Probably came over a bit that way I agree, in retrospect.... it wasn't my intention, guess a bit of my passion and disappointment led to it all not quite coming over in the way it was meant?:cautious:

you n me both .... especially as he seemed to be a natural for the lone striker/ one up top role that KR, n his advisors/ coaching team, prefer.

maybe a(nother) behind the scenes personality clash between a coach and a younger player????
Would that coach be DH or CA?

how does having a personal opinion on a youngster being let go become a stick to beat the club with?

guess I mistakenly thought a forum was where various and varied opinons are exchanged .... as in you have an opinion that differs from mine, mine is from being dissapointed to hear a young player who I, as a layman, but OUFC supporter, have seen play a number of times for U23s, and all but one occasion , I thought he was a decent prospect? :unsure:

players at all levels are let go at all levels at all clubs, have been for many years and will continue to for the forseeable future too. Think my disappointment in Bradbury being let go has perhaps not come across the way intended ?

good luck to Harvey Bradbury for the future... and the other 6 that didnt quite make the grade this week too

and yes there seems to be an abundance of talented youngsters at U18 & U23 level currently.... Ive had the pleasure of watching many of them play as U18s and as U23s this season
So why suggest that an argument between a player and coach had something to do with it them?

I have no real opinion on Bradbury, only saw him make a brief sub appearance where as someone has said he ran around made a nuisance of himself without getting on the ball. I would imagine the majority of fans also only have that experience so really no place to judge based on that so you trust those that see him day in/day out to make the right decision as they appear to be doing with the other youngsters on our books.

So why suggest that an argument between a player and coach had something to do with it them?
loosely speculating .... there were more than a few rumours suggesting similar ( a member of oufc coaching team had 'fallen out' with a couple of players), which happened last summer, apparently , directly or indirectly resulting in a couple of younger players departing to pastures new. Me adding 2 and 2 together, and as I often do (maths never my strong point) making 5.

Ive already said on this thread, several times too, what I posted , in disappointment at the announcement of a particular young talent being let go ( yes, i know it happens every season), very probably came over not quite how I intended it to be.

seems you've missed those posts?

anyway, enjoy your evening, Ive gotta work, hopefully, if not on anything else, we can both agree that a home win tomorrow would be very welcome :)

Interesting that the very link originally posted says 'McCreadie signs' and yet the only thread is a negative one about letting players go, theres no thread saying well done Aaron (yes I know I could have done one). Yes this club has made some poor decisions in the past re releasing young players, as has every club, but we can't keep them all on or we'd have a squad of about 80!

Hopefully at least 1, if not 2-3 of the current crop will become first team players. That to me will be a success

Could Bradbury end up at Oxford City? They will need to replace their striker (can’t spell his name) and he has done okay at that level with Woking? Didn’t Bradbury score the winner against City a few weeks ago?

Seems a shame him leaving but need to trust the youth team staff. All the best Harvey!!

Bradbury - 6 starts, 12 sub appearances. 6 goals which included 3 on debut v Tooting & Mitchem in FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round.

Little - 23 starts, 1 sub appearance. 4 goals.

Little definitely seems to be the one making more of an impression.

Seeing as yet again we're going into a summer, severely short of goalscorers, if the small bit of wage that was being used for Bradbury, can be used to bolster a pay offer to a proven striker - then this will be the right decision.

Really good reports on Little.
Will be interesting to see if he has done enough to be earmarked for a first team squad place next season.

Bradbury - 6 starts, 12 sub appearances. 6 goals which included 3 on debut v Tooting & Mitchem in FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round.

Little - 23 starts, 1 sub appearance. 4 goals.

Little definitely seems to be the one making more of an impression.

Seeing as yet again we're going into a summer, severely short of goalscorers, if the small bit of wage that was being used for Bradbury, can be used to bolster a pay offer to a proven striker - then this will be the right decision.
Lofthouse scored again 1st half for u18s today ....5 in 3 consecutive games that ive seen

Back
Top Bottom