Conference Hartlepool vs Dover

Wallop

Hartlepool likely to be in trouble after Dover's goalscorer was racially abused whilst celebrating their first goal and a fan later tried to attack the referee.

These highlights should remind us of the standard of referring in the Conference. Two Dover defenders literally catch the ball in their box and in a separate incident, one of them clearly fouls a Pool attacker in the box - no penalties!

3 red cards to Pool players/staff though for expressing their opinions to the man in black.

Also check out:

- The three goal line clearances in quick succession from Dover
- The Dover fan who chooses to sit quietly after their second goal rather than celebrate - 658 mile round trip and you can't cheer a goal!

That is just shocking from the officials. How on earth can that ref even look at himself in a mirror after that disgrace? I would hope that Hartlepool can get those cards rescinded but, knowing how the officials stick together, who knows?

That is just shocking from the officials. How on earth can that ref even look at himself in a mirror after that disgrace? I would hope that Hartlepool can get those cards rescinded but, knowing how the officials stick together, who knows?

I doubt they will get those cards rescinded as it will be for foul & abusive language, I would think, which isn't justified anyway. The player who got the 2nd Red was moronic, and deserves all he got, as he was already on notice from the 1st player being sent off.

On the racism, Hartlepool players looked as outraged as the Dover players. Both managers were going to call their players off the pitch but the Dover players decided to carry on. It has also been condemned by the vast majority of Hartlepool fans from what I've read.

Back
Top Bottom