Harry Kane

Followtheox1

Did anyone see the Kane injury today? Why was the keeper not carded? Is it because the ref had blown for offside? Just curious as none of the pundits talked about it and if it was an outfield player I'm sure they would have got a card.

Is it serious? If so that is England's excuse sorted for failure in the upcoming World Cup.

I was watching (as I tend to in the US) on Telemundo....which means the commentary is in Spanish.

Now I don't speak Spanish (although I'm starting to pick some up, and will have learned plenty I would have thought by the end of the World Cup!) but I'm pretty confident when Kane wandered off down the tunnel, that the commentary roughly translated as "Someone get Southgate on the phone, and tell him that his team's ****ed!"

Which is probably a fair assessment. He's our only world class player, and our best hope of making some noise in the summer.

Cannot understand the move, who cares if you win the Bundesliga, he should have waited a year and every single big club in the Premier League would have been after him and he could have got himself the all time Premier League goalscorer in the process

Kane will forever be the best example of why you don’t let your family handle your affairs purely to stop them feeling jealous or left out of your success. His brother being his agent has ruined his career in terms of silverware and maximising his potential.

Signing a six-year contract with absolutely no get out what so ever in 2018 was simply stunning. He held absolutely all of the cards at that point and his moron of a brother burned the f*****g lot. By all means sign a new deal, but do so with a very affordable release clause baked in, even if it’s one that exists in the form of “if the club hasn’t won a major trophy by X date then a release clause of Y becomes active.” Really simple, basic stuff that means you get what you want either way. The club can keep you if they deliver and you can walk if they don’t. If your only concern is winning a couple of medals then that deal is a cakewalk.

Instead, he signs a contract taking him from 24 to 31 with absolutely zero terms and conditions in his favour, then wins a World Cup golden boot a few months later but has absolutely no control over his own career, despite now being one of the most sought after strikers on the planet. Even if Spurs wouldn’t agree to a release clause (they absolutely would if they were told it was that or nothing), he could have just sat out his original deal and left on a free transfer two or three years ago. He would’ve got his Man City move and they would’ve put £50million in his pocket as a signing on fee, plus paid him whatever he wanted in wages, and he would’ve won multiple league and cup titles by now.

He and his idiot sibling have had to work really hard to get to this point.

I was watching (as I tend to in the US) on Telemundo....which means the commentary is in Spanish.

Now I don't speak Spanish (although I'm starting to pick some up, and will have learned plenty I would have thought by the end of the World Cup!) but I'm pretty confident when Kane wandered off down the tunnel, that the commentary roughly translated as "Someone get Southgate on the phone, and tell him that his team's ****ed!"

Which is probably a fair assessment. He's our only world class player, and our best hope of making some noise in the summer.

Englands only world class player. Brutal assessment on the rest at that time…

Kane will forever be the best example of why you don’t let your family handle your affairs purely to stop them feeling jealous or left out of your success. His brother being his agent has ruined his career in terms of silverware and maximising his potential.

Signing a six-year contract with absolutely no get out what so ever in 2018 was simply stunning. He held absolutely all of the cards at that point and his moron of a brother burned the f*****g lot. By all means sign a new deal, but do so with a very affordable release clause baked in, even if it’s one that exists in the form of “if the club hasn’t won a major trophy by X date then a release clause of Y becomes active.” Really simple, basic stuff that means you get what you want either way. The club can keep you if they deliver and you can walk if they don’t. If your only concern is winning a couple of medals then that deal is a cakewalk.

Instead, he signs a contract taking him from 24 to 31 with absolutely zero terms and conditions in his favour, then wins a World Cup golden boot a few months later but has absolutely no control over his own career, despite now being one of the most sought after strikers on the planet. Even if Spurs wouldn’t agree to a release clause (they absolutely would if they were told it was that or nothing), he could have just sat out his original deal and left on a free transfer two or three years ago. He would’ve got his Man City move and they would’ve put £50million in his pocket as a signing on fee, plus paid him whatever he wanted in wages, and he would’ve won multiple league and cup titles by now.

He and his idiot sibling have had to work really hard to get to this point.
Could you imagine him and Haaland up front!

If the Saudi Premier League is still recruiting players at stupid money, that’s where Kane will end up next.

Englands only world class player. Brutal assessment on the rest at that time…

Yeah, I was thinking "Maybe that was a harsh comment", and then I reminded myself of the XI that started that World Cup!
Just goes to show, you can go a long way in international football with good organization, good set pieces and a decent striker........

GK1Jordan Pickford
CB2Kyle Walker
Yellow card
33'
CB5John Stones
CB6Harry Maguire
DM8Jordan Henderson
CM20Dele Alli
downward-facing red arrow
80'
CM7Jesse Lingard
90+3'
RM12Kieran Trippier
LM18Ashley Young
CF10Raheem Sterling
68'
CF9Harry Kane (c)

Define world class:

Kyle Walker and John Stones recently won the champions league in 2023

Kyle Walker, Harry Maguire and Raheem Sterling were in the Euro 2020 team of the tournament in an England team that made the final.

Kieran Trippier and Ashley Young were in the 2018 World Cup team of the tournament in an England team that made the semi finals.

So maybe you’re looking at this through the lens of the English media and public and being a little self depreciating to English standards

Yeah, I was thinking "Maybe that was a harsh comment", and then I reminded myself of the XI that started that World Cup!
Just goes to show, you can go a long way in international football with good organization, good set pieces and a decent striker........

A good team will often outperform a group of fantastic individuals. Just look at the so called golden generation, we had a squad full of world class players, but as a team they were disjointed, with players often having to play in unfamililar positions, as a result we achieved absolutely nothing.

Define world class:

Kyle Walker and John Stones recently won the champions league in 2023

Kyle Walker, Harry Maguire and Raheem Sterling were in the Euro 2020 team of the tournament in an England team that made the final.

Kieran Trippier and Ashley Young were in the 2018 World Cup team of the tournament in an England team that made the semi finals.

So maybe you’re looking at this through the lens of the English media and public and being a little self depreciating to English standards

My definition is that you're World Class if you would get into - or at least be in the conversation for - a 23-man squad of all players in world football.

So John Stones might be now, but there's no way he was in 2018. He only got into Man City's team half the time back then.

Trippier, Maguire and Young have never been in that bracket.

Sterling would have had a good case ca. 2020, but in 2018 he had all of two international goals to his name - he was just coming off of his first really good season for Man City, but as yet he hadn't bossed games on the biggest stages.

Which leaves you with Kyle Walker.....and yeah, I probably won't fight you if you wanted to call him world class. He's certainly be a very, very good player for a long while now.

I'm still of the opinion that the 2018 England World Cup side was a well-coached, disciplined bunch of solid players that took advantage of a fortunate draw to go further than you might have expected. We have gotten better since.

Cannot understand the move, who cares if you win the Bundesliga, he should have waited a year and every single big club in the Premier League would have been after him and he could have got himself the all time Premier League goalscorer in the process
He would have realistically only gone to United. They are perhaps the only team that had space for another striker. All the other teams either don't need another forward or can't afford his wages. He also would never have joined Chelsea or Arsenal, unless he wanted to walk with a bodyguard for the rest of his life :D

I always thought of Harry Kane as a bit of a lump. He always to my eye looks a yard too slow.
But I have to hand it to the fella, he has consistently scored goals. Lots of em.
He had outgrown Spurs 3 seasons ago but somehow ( why?) he signed another contract there to stay. That imo was his moment to make the move.

The guys best years are perhaps behind him but as he doesn’t totally rely on fleet of foot to gain an advantage, perhaps not. We could yet see a Premiership return.

I always thought of Harry Kane as a bit of a lump. He always to my eye looks a yard too slow.
But I have to hand it to the fella, he has consistently scored goals. Lots of em.
He had outgrown Spurs 3 seasons ago but somehow ( why?) he signed another contract there to stay. That imo was his moment to make the move.

The guys best years are perhaps behind him but as he doesn’t totally rely on fleet of foot to gain an advantage, perhaps not. We could yet see a Premiership return.
He doesnt just score.
His passing is very good and he makes a.lot of goals as.well.

I would be mildly amused if Spurs were to win a trophy this season whilst this is the year that Bayern Munich finally fail to win their farmers’s league.

Not sure that Spurs will win anything, but Bayern Munich are making hard work of walking their league this year.
1708286285554.png

Not sure that Spurs will win anything, but Bayern Munich are making hard work of walking their league this year.
View attachment 17872
It is a bit funny, you have to admit. Especially as Bayern chucked him on the bench for the German equivalent of the Community Shield so quickly that he didn’t even have a single training session under his belt, and then proceeded to get absolutely pumped.

What could’ve been if he’d had a proper agent instead of… well…

IMG_4840.jpeg

If I believed in a god I'd think Kane was an example of his sense of humour. The guy is more privileged than 99.99% yet is still the butt of many jokes. Like he was picked out of the billions of people on earth and given him enough good fortune that he's within touching distance of being a god among men but enough misfortune to keep him grounded. He's been consistently one of the best players in the world but has nothing to show for it. If he'd stayed at Spurs he wouldn't have won anything but would have gone down in history as the all time leading scorer, but he made the sensible move to try and win a few trophies only for Leverkusen to go mental and take the league from Bayern who have won it for the last 11 years.

Away from football he's over 6 foot, athletically build, decent hair and strong jawline. He could be a really good looking guy but it's like they knocked off early rather than finish his face properly. In interviews he's pretty intelligent and articulate but has a cleft palate and a speech impediment that gives the impression he's got a learning disability.

Back
Top Bottom