National News Harry Dunn crash

Its taken its time but it looks like some kind of justice will take place.

That seems the worse of both worlds. It is nice she is willing to serve a community service, how big of her. It should be 15000+ hours community service which involves her cleaning the streets and pavements in her state with a toothbrush.

That seems the worse of both worlds. It is nice she is willing to serve a community service, how big of her. It should be 15000+ hours community service which involves her cleaning the streets and pavements in her state with a toothbrush.
Why?Because of the 'offence' or the fact that she went back to the US rather than stay.

Why?Because of the 'offence' or the fact that she went back to the US rather than stay.

It is the presumption that as she has gone back to the US she/her lawyers can dictate the type of sentence she gets if found guilty. That to me isn't justice.

For the offence or going back to the USA?

It is the presumption that as she has gone back to the US she/her lawyers can dictate the type of sentence she gets if found guilty. That to me isn't justice.
She has admitted to the offence so we know she caused the death by accidentally driving on the wrong side of the road, what sentence do you think is justified?

She has admitted to the offence so we know she caused the death by accidentally driving on the wrong side of the road, what sentence do you think is justified?
Death by careless or dangerous driving. 2 years custodial would be the minimum I would expect.

Last edited:
Death by careless or dangerous driving. 2 years custodial would be the minimum O would expect.
Not always a woman drone round the Milton interchange missed her turning carried on and drove through red lights and hit and killed a motorbike rider, non custodial a pittance of a punishment and if my memory serves me correct only a small driving ban. So a minimum custodial is not always a given right.

Not always a woman drone round the Milton interchange missed her turning carried on and drove through red lights and hit and killed a motorbike rider, non custodial a pittance of a punishment and if my memory serves me correct only a small driving ban. So a minimum custodial is not always a given right.

It's the minimum that I would expect, but that doesn’t mean it would happen. In my opinion taking someone's life should warrant a custodial sentence no matter how unfortunate the events were.

Death by careless or dangerous driving. 2 years custodial would be the minimum I would expect.
Careless driving can't see it being a two year sentence, possibly custodial for dangerous. I guess from my perspective it has since emerged that this seems to be a problem with a system gone wrong causing the accident. I just hope things are being done to fix this.

That is for the Court to decide, not her or her lawyers dictating what it can be as I explained.

That is for the Court to decide, not her or her lawyers dictating what it can be as I explained.
Yes, agree it is for court to decide, but my question was what you thought was justified? If you don't have a view, no worries, i was just curious.

Back
Top Bottom