Happy St George's day

Cue the left leaning forum members branding anyone who celebrates an English event as "racist".
View attachment 3526

Stay home, have beer, be in good cheer! :)
It's funny that it's only Tories who make a point of St George's Day. If a bunch of metropolitan liberals were in Majorca or wherever and there was a celebration of the local saint's day they'd find it charming, I'm sure, but they'd sneer at St George's.

St Edmund is the original patron saint of England .... St Edmunds day is Nov 20th... St Edmunds flag is a white dragon on a red background

whitedragonflag.jpg

(St) Giorgio the Turk replaced St Edmund during the 3rd crusade, after King Richard The Lionheart ( born in Oxford) in 1199 prayed at the shrine of Giorgio in Lydda on the eve of a battle... which Richard the Lionheart won. King Richard adopted Giorgio as his personal patron and protector of the army

Both The St Edmund white dragon and St George cross flags were both used by English armys in conflict from the time of Edaward 1 .... in 1348 Edward 111 founded the knights of the garter, St George was made patron of the order, Edward 111 also declared St George was patron saint of England
Giorgio the Turk was declared patron saint of 16 other countries too, his Christian martyrdom being the factor

there have been two recentish campaigns to reinstate St Edmund as patron Saint of England , one in 2006 and one in 2016 .... St Edmund was English, an Anglo Saxon king, wheras St George / Giorgio The Turk never set foot in England

???????????????????????????? Happy st George's ? at Home.
St Edmund is the original patron saint of England .... St Edmunds day is Nov 20th... St Edmunds flag is a white dragon on a red background

View attachment 3527

(St) Giorgio the Turk replaced St Edmund during the 3rd crusade, after King Richard The Lionheart ( born in Oxford) in 1199 prayed at the shrine of Giorgio in Lydda on the eve of a battle... which Richard the Lionheart won. King Richard adopted Giorgio as his personal patron and protector of the army

Both The St Edmund white dragon and St George cross flags were both used by English armys in conflict from the time of Edaward 1 .... in 1348 Edward 111 founded the knights of the garter, St George was made patron of the order, Edward 111 also declared St George was patron saint of England
Giorgio the Turk was declared patron saint of 16 other countries too, his Christian martyrdom being the factor

there have been two recentish campaigns to reinstate St Edmund as patron Saint of England , one in 2006 and one in 2016 .... St Edmund was English, an Anglo Saxon king, wheras St George / Giorgio The Turk never set foot in England
That's not St. Edmund of Blackadder is it?

Catalans show their patriotic pride on St George's day by buying red roses from street vendors and In Barcelona every bus flies a small cross of St George flag. I expect it will be a lot more low key out there this year with the social distancing.

Catalans show their patriotic pride on St George's day by buying red roses from street vendors and In Barcelona every bus flies a small cross of St George flag. I expect it will be a lot more low key out there this year with the social distancing.
Tradition states, males give females a red rose & females give males a book (!) in that region of Spain on St Jordi 's day

Can't be patriotic anymore, the leftwaffe don't like it...

Just realised I had no idea who the patron saint of Australia is. Apparently it’s the Virgin Mary. Interesting choice!
Have a good St G’s day folks.

Can't be patriotic anymore, the leftwaffe don't like it...
Seems to me it's the Party that wants to introduce rules that would actually prevent our patron Saint from entering the country are the unpatriotic ones. Don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom