Happy New Year from Perth

chuckbert

Happy new year folks.

I look forward to an excellent end to the 2019/20 season. Thanks to everyone who contributes to the match day threads. It’s not quite like standing in the London Road, but it makes my Saturday evening/night through the summer.

Happy New Year to all U’s.

It’s a pensive kind of new year here as my father in law lives in Cobargo in NSW where there has been a nasty bushfire - they were evacuated at 5am to bermagui and then evacuated from there to some other place. No idea if their house is still there, but they’re fine.

For anyone who wants to justify the lack of action against climate change over the last decade, I hope you have a better 2020 than the residents of Cobargo, and many other towns in Australia, are going to have. No need for thoughts and prayers, just action on climate.

This is awful and that the firefighters survived is amazing.

I hope your father in law's property is good but the main thing is your family are safe.

A happy new year to you and everybody on here.

Happy New Year to all fellow U's from Thailand. This will be our year. Believe. COYY

Last edited:
Happy new year to all yellows.
Pleased that your family are ok chuckbert. Perth seems to be ok.
Some will no doubt disagree, but many believe that really big decisions in 2020 is almost the last chance re climate change. Lets hope that is wrong!

Happy new year to all yellows and their families. 2020 promises to be a big year in many ways.The same number of points as 2019 would be good.

Happy new year to all fellow OUFC fans and may our new year be a very, I said very happy new year to us yellows

There must be 100s of Oxonians living in Perth. I bet they've got their own accent of somewhere between Crocodile Dundee and a Country Bumpkin
Something along the lines of G'Day old boy

My daughter lives there, definitely the retirement plan for me and Mrs O ?

My wife and son once bumped into a bloke at the local supermarket who recognised his “ac Milan” top. Never seen a U’s shirt even at Perth Glory or at the beach or in town. Aware of a couple of Perthlings related to people on here, but otherwise that’s it.

I wore my Oxford shirt at the WACA a few Boxing Day’s ago, the Scorchers thrashed Melbourne Renegades that day ?

We wear our “isinglass” shirts to glory games as the purple is almost identical.

@chuckbert if you’re ever around Treeby you might see my year old grandson running about in his full OUFC kit ?

Back
Top Bottom