Ex Player Happy Birthday Tank

My hero as well.
And what a leader. I remember Brum coming down to the Manor with their new teenage wonderkid Trevor Francis. TF had scored something like 16 goals in 15 games in a pretty tough division. They won an early corner at the Cuckoo Lane end and as the ball came over Tank took him out face down in the mud. Never heard a peep from him for the rest of the game.

My hero as well.
And what a leader. I remember Brum coming down to the Manor with their new teenage wonderkid Trevor Francis. TF had scored something like 16 goals in 15 games in a pretty tough division. They won an early corner at the Cuckoo Lane end and as the ball came over Tank took him out face down in the mud. Never heard a peep from him for the rest of the game.
I think that I was at that game.
Was it the game where the crowd was well over capacity and people were sitting round the side of the pitch?

And a brilliant witty summariser on tv sadly curtailed

My hero as well.
Remember it well. I think it was Easter 71 and we won 1-0 with Nigel Cassidy getting the goal. Over 16 thousand at the game!!

Back
Top Bottom