International News Happy birthday 'motown

and saw the late great Charles Hatcher aka Edwin Starr at the cali a couple of times ...as well as on various scooter rallies and NS allnighters..... this one for tiger n Kr as neither seem to grasp the concept of it ......

Last edited:
Was always into Motown as a kid. Still remember Deep Purple / Led Zeppelin / Black Sabbath fans at school being incredulous about my musical tastes!

Led to a long love of soul, funk and R&B.

mine (a love n appreciation of soul n funk) has been constant for 50 years now, & no sign of it going anywhere soon :cool:

mine (a love n appreciation of soul n funk) has been constant for 50 years now, & no sign of it going anywhere soon :cool:
Has to be said, Oxford has a lot to answer for with music. All dayers in Botley, The New Inn on Cowley road Sunday evenings. Even had a good club scene for a while. My days behind the decks are long over but still enjoy the music.

Has to be said, Oxford has a lot to answer for with music. All dayers in Botley, The New Inn on Cowley road Sunday evenings. Even had a good club scene for a while. My days behind the decks are long over but still enjoy the music.
plus Allnighters in Abingdon late 70s....Cowley alldayers in the 80s etc ..... my days behind the decks are still going strong ....all played off original vinyl too :cool:

The 1970s disco phase was brilliant for me! Also developed a love for George Clinton (Parliament etc).
George Clinton Detroit based (And IMO a maverick genius too).... early Parliament recording, co penned by George Clinton, cut at Golden World which was eventually (Studios and labels both) bought by Motown/ Berry Gordy jnr

Back
Top Bottom