Happy Anniversary!

MarkG

One year ago today, Tiger took over OUFC.
I wonder how we rate his first year of ownership?

Good: Progress in the U-23s, U-18s and other youth teams, plus the ladies. Training ground. Some decent signings. Marketing, sponsoring and communications (last one not applicable to the board, however!) have all markedly improved.

Bad: Everything else!

Wow springs to mind, someone else who is taking us on a journey. ..

If i had to rate the first year of Tigers chairmanship, barring perhaps if wed gone down last year, i struggle to see how it could have gone worse.

Laughable comms and fan enagagement
No clear vision
4 winding up orders
Broken promises
Rooted in the bottom 4 all season

I’m surprised the football club haven’t announced the occasion. All very quiet, even the local media seem to be letting it pass without comment.

I’m surprised the football club haven’t announced the occasion. All very quiet, even the local media seem to be letting it pass without comment.

silence from the top at the club is deafening regarding just about every matter of concern

perhaps our owner and his imaginary invisible fellow board members are too embarrassed
to brag in any way about his first calamitous year at the helm of OUFC, which with every passing
day appears to be more and more rudderless

An absolute disgrace of a first year. He has got NO money that can be spent in this country. We have been well & truly stuffed by DE.

Or maybe we've been stuffed by the guy who's actually doing all these bad things..

Very poor indeed. Tiger hasn’t a clue how a football club should be run. If my memory serves me correct @myles did an indepth report on Tiger which pointed out issues, they seem to have been proven.

Until he goes and takes the WOW with him I believe we will struggle in L2 next season.

Foot note, what’s with bringing in a couple of far Easten billionaires in if they’re not going to help the club, and if it’s just for them to gain the OXFORD name then they can also go.

Very poor indeed. Tiger hasn’t a clue how a football club should be run. If my memory serves me correct @myles did an indepth report on Tiger which pointed out issues, they seem to have been proven.

Until he goes and takes the WOW with him I believe we will struggle in L2 next season.

Foot note, what’s with bringing in a couple of far Easten billionaires in if they’re not going to help the club, and if it’s just for them to gain the OXFORD name then they can also go.

You make a good point about our board members. There has been a lot of talk about Thohir, but we've heard literally zilch when it comes to Horst Geicke. At least Zaki Nuseibeh is showing outward passion for the club so I can cut him some slack on that regard, but I don't know what he's doing to help the club at the moment.

A year ago all seemed positive
A new owner who we thought had money, little did we know the truth and where we would be a year on.

Dreadful year in pretty much every respect, with the dire feeling of worse to come.
Even the scant consolation of the U-18s and U-23s is negated by the loss of player after after player from those set-ups.

Back
Top Bottom