Ex Player Jamie Hanson

I can see Hanson and Gorrin playing together as the 2 in our usual 4,2,3,1 formation

Whilst I don’t necessarily disagree with you, it’s also a brave call.

Who then are your “3”..?

Up to 7 good players must then miss out from a list of Henry, Clare, McGuane, Brannagan, Kelly, Forde, Sykes, Obita, Shodipo, (Agyei).

Appreciate it’s a squad game these days, some of these guys are already getting splinters in their arses, some on their way out of the door, and this is a good problem to have!

Hanson has done well this month, but I think I would only consider him alongside Gorrin if we're playing someone really good - or more likely, if we're at the hour mark and really under the cosh against a decent side (as, for instance, KR did successfully against Blackpool).

Otherwise, we need a little more creativity in the middle of the park.

When Cam's fit - him, McGuane and Gorrin are going to make an awesome trio.

A key part of what I thought looked a really strong back four last night. Good to see him get a run of games and show that he’s a very handy utility player to have at the club. Looked particularly sharp last night nipping in and taking the ball off their wingers toes a few times. Hope this run of games boosts his confidence as I feel he will be needed in the run in with injuries and fitness forcing rotation.

Yep. Apart from his booking for protesting the obvious foul on the edge of the box, I don't think he put a foot wrong.

He did pretty well last night except for giving the daft free kick away on the edge of the box.
He is useful back up sure, but when Long is back he will be back in the team

I haven't been his biggest fan but I take my hat off (if I had one) he has come into the side and hasn't let us down. Solid performances, well done Jamie

He was good last night and I liked that he was taking charge and talking to Shodipo when we were defending.

He seems to have stayed fit for a while, which has been a problem in the time he's been here. What I like at full-back (and it's obviously not his natural position) is that he's stayed tight to man and limited the opportunity for the wide players to run at him. Also noticed he appeared in the opposition box a couple of times last night having made lung busting runs.

He's done really well a very versatile player same again Saturday he's better there than Forde . But Forde been great cover too.

He's done really well a very versatile player same again Saturday he's better there than Forde . But Forde been great cover too.

Agree - although neither are perfect, I think Hanson is better at RB than Forde. The latter showed his defensive limitations against Hull.

Further forward though, Forde is the better bet.
Unless you need to replace Gorrin for a game, in which case Hanson is probably also the call for the DM role.

Still, it's nice to have a couple of versatile players like those two in the squad. Even if neither would get into our first choice XI, in a season like this with fixture congestion & injuries, you need players like them both.

Hmm.

Judging Forde vs Hull against Hanson vs Doncaster seems a bit unfair!

Care to elaborate on that for those of us who are not ITK?
Not sure of the rumour hinted at by Oxfordpete but I have seen one that says he has signed for Shrewsbury on a 2 year contract.... but take that with a very large pinch of salt as why would they sign him now when he is out for the foreseeable, they would be better off leaving him on our payroll until he is fit and sign him in January!

Not sure of the rumour hinted at by Oxfordpete but I have seen one that says he has signed for Shrewsbury on a 2 year contract.... but take that with a very large pinch of salt as why would they sign him now when he is out for the foreseeable, they would be better off leaving him on our payroll until he is fit and sign him in January!
How much are we paying them?

If an injured till January Hanson has managed to get a two year contract at a league one club then his agent is even more amazing than I thought.

The twitter account that tweeted the Hanson to Shrewsbury thing hasn't had anything from its last 30 tweets actually happen, and that's when I stopped scrolling.

We can but live in hope that he’s going to Shrewsbury or anywhere really, to get him off the payroll, there might be a good player in there somewhere but I’ve never seen it

Hanson is an example of what happens if you don't get your recruitment done early enough. You end up panicking on the last day of the window and sign the next one available. The player and agent hold all the cards and it can cost you big time!!

Hanson is an example of what happens if you don't get your recruitment done early enough. You end up panicking on the last day of the window and sign the next one available. The player and agent hold all the cards and it can cost you big time!!

TBF, that entire transfer window was a bit of a disaster with only Gavin Whyte and Marcus Browne coming in and making really significant contributions

Back
Top Bottom