Ex Player Jamie Hanson

Hanson is an example of what happens if you don't get your recruitment done early enough. You end up panicking on the last day of the window and sign the next one available. The player and agent hold all the cards and it can cost you big time!!
Not sure that is true.
Matt Taylor came in at the last minute and there are probably a lot of other examples.

Listened to The Fence End Pod last night and it was suggested that Hanson has been
unfairly villified and that he could still become an important player for us.

He had a really good chance to become an important player for us last season when
Long got injured in Feb but that extended run in the team included a sequence of 13
games which saw 3 wins and us hanging on to a shot at the play offs by our fingertips
as we started going backwards.

Its not fair to lay the blame for that bad run only on him, we had loads of problems
with injuries, Kelly who was part of the 9 game winning run lost form, Henry was
out and the right side needed re-jigging, even taking that into account it felt like
he was a weak link that couldnt step up when we needed him.

Having said all of that, Sykes, another of the fringe players that was given the opportunity
to shine was poor during that period as well, it was only when Henry and Long were
back in the side that he took off, last 7/8 games. Could that be the case for Hanson as well ?
Looks like we are going to find out soon enough and i hope he grabs the chance and
gives us a performance that we can use as a benchmark because up to now his ceiling imo is
a rare 7/10 max with a whole bunch of 5`s and 6`s.

Nothing personal in what i`m saying and its based only on what i see on the pitch and i
would be delighted if he does become an important player for us, until the transfer window
at least we are going to need him. Good luck to the lad.

Listened to The Fence End Pod last night and it was suggested that Hanson has been
unfairly villified and that he could still become an important player for us.

He had a really good chance to become an important player for us last season when
Long got injured in Feb but that extended run in the team included a sequence of 13
games which saw 3 wins and us hanging on to a shot at the play offs by our fingertips
as we started going backwards.

Its not fair to lay the blame for that bad run only on him, we had loads of problems
with injuries, Kelly who was part of the 9 game winning run lost form, Henry was
out and the right side needed re-jigging, even taking that into account it felt like
he was a weak link that couldnt step up when we needed him.

Having said all of that, Sykes, another of the fringe players that was given the opportunity
to shine was poor during that period as well, it was only when Henry and Long were
back in the side that he took off, last 7/8 games. Could that be the case for Hanson as well ?
Looks like we are going to find out soon enough and i hope he grabs the chance and
gives us a performance that we can use as a benchmark because up to now his ceiling imo is
a rare 7/10 max with a whole bunch of 5`s and 6`s.

Nothing personal in what i`m saying and its based only on what i see on the pitch and i
would be delighted if he does become an important player for us, until the transfer window
at least we are going to need him. Good luck to the lad.

Yes good luck to him. I think the main problem is that he simply doesn’t fit our style of play. His close control and passing is not good enough for someone playing in our system.

He has been here 3 and a half seasons, played a hundred plus career games and is 26 years old, he has had enough chances. He isn’t going to come good, especially not as a full back where he just can’t play and not even at centre midfield (where we have a lot better options).

We have young players who could be given a chance over him, he needs to drop down a level or two and try to rebuild his career.

Yes good luck to him. I think the main problem is that he simply doesn’t fit our style of play. His close control and passing is not good enough for someone playing in our system.
This is the point. He does tackle like an absolute maniac, which may be why he’s injured so often. He’d probably fit with Wycombe better.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Probably one of our most underwhelming signings, ever. And we've had some dross, like Kelly.

An expensive four year deadline day panic signing that has definitely not worked out. And we paid a fee for him!!
Hope he moves on and does ok for himself.

Hanson has a lot of heart I just don’t think he’s the right type of player for us one thing I would say is when he does play you can’t fault his efforts even if he does come up short most the time I hope he moves on and finds himself a forever home somewhere

Hanson has a lot of heart I just don’t think he’s the right type of player for us one thing I would say is when he does play you can’t fault his efforts even if he does come up short most the time I hope he moves on and finds himself a forever home somewhere
I totally agree with your sentiments but I cant help seeing a doe-eyed Labrador when I read this 😕

Hanson has left the building.

Have to say I am disappointed how it planned out with him. Thought he had a great future at OUFC, but injuries got in the way.

Back
Top Bottom