Ex Player Hanson appeal...

It's always been the same with the FA. The referee is always right...…..even when he is absolutely and obviously wrong! The rare occasion when they do overturn a red card is when the referee error is so blatantly wrong (and especially if it is on TV) even they can't turn a blind eye.

Don't they add one if you lose the appeal?
Not automatically. Believe they have the power to add additional punishment if they believe the appeal was spurious. Mostly back when the hearings took a long time to happen, so an appeal could sometimes free a player to appear in an important game he might have been suspended for otherwise.

Nuts though. Video evidence showing one thing and they ignore it. Like showing a video of an assault in a courtroom, where you can clearly see the face and what happened, and then the jury coming back and jailing the guy being assaulted

It's always been the same with the FA. The referee is always right...…..even when he is absolutely and obviously wrong! The rare occasion when they do overturn a red card is when the referee error is so blatantly wrong (and especially if it is on TV) even they can't turn a blind eye.
Only red cards in the premier league get overturned. There is just no point appealing at our level

Nuts though. Video evidence showing one thing and they ignore it. Like showing a video of an assault in a courtroom, where you can clearly see the face and what happened, and then the jury coming back and jailing the guy being assaulted

Or where the face is that of an England cricketer so he gets let off..

Ok i can see why appeals never worked when there was no tv evidence but we are in the21st century and every match is televised....there is NO excuse for not overturning that red card and we should take it to a civil court to get it overturned just to set a precedent .......FA are wankers

To be fair that was never being overturned I could see why it was given so was no obvious error. The things that spoil football are not the referees but players who make unnecessary challenges and give the referee an option. I thought it was a harsh red but nonetheless could see why it was given so was probably ok under the law. The fact that so many of us wear such yellow tinted spectacles makes the abuse of the referees and the FA so bad. Really sometime the fans and players are more embarrassing to english football than the referees.

Will be interesting to see whether Sunderland appeal Power's + what comes of it

Obviously it doesn’t matter if you win the ball first. It all depends if the Ref thinks it’s a dangerous challenge which he obviously did.
At that stage of the game he didn’t really need to make it did he.

Obviously it doesn’t matter if you win the ball first. It all depends if the Ref thinks it’s a dangerous challenge which he obviously did.
At that stage of the game he didn’t really need to make it did he.

Well if you accept that Hanson got to the ball first (which he did)...then by extension it's the Newport player making the challenge, isn't it? Winning, keeping and distributing the ball is Jamie Hanson's job...of course he needs to do his job. Naturally I do understand the point you're making...but it's a different matter to protecting a player on a yellow. Hanson can't be pulling out of every challenge after 65 mins when we're 2-0 up...he'd end up getting dropped.

It's a really poor decision and very disappointing appeal process....but of course, nobody expected any differently of the FA.

Well if you accept that Hanson got to the ball first (which he did)...then by extension it's the Newport player making the challenge, isn't it? Winning, keeping and distributing the ball is Jamie Hanson's job...of course he needs to do his job. Naturally I do understand the point you're making...but it's a different matter to protecting a player on a yellow. Hanson can't be pulling out of every challenge after 65 mins when we're 2-0 up...he'd end up getting dropped.

It's a really poor decision and very disappointing appeal process....but of course, nobody expected any differently of the FA.

And to make matters worse. The straight red card carries over to the check a trade trophy game tonight but doesn’t count against the 3 game ban in the league? WTF! Good job they didn’t add the extra game ban or he’d have received a 5 game ban! Er for being fouled FFS!
This whole thing is an absolute joke! Ledson on the same day, two footed, off the ground, nearly ninja kicks a players legs off and only gets 3 game ban. Hanson gets fouled and could’ve got 5!

Sorry but this injustice really gets my goat!
The stupid thing is, had there been VAR the ref probably would’ve reviewed the footage and if anything only yellow carded Hanson. Yet in a post match review suddenly the decision making goes out the window!
I cannot understand how with all the tackles and cards handed out each week that the FA reviewed that challenge and uphold the original decision.

In fact by not adding the additional extra game ban aren’t they saying that they can see our point?

Last edited:
I think it's time that the clubs and the players got together and set up a fund to challenge these decisions in a civil court, only then will we be taken seriously.

Only red cards in the premier league get overturned. There is just no point appealing at our level
I think that is partly due to the number of cameras from different view points in the premiership. I suspect the burden of proof in these things is to show the decision was wrong rather than right. That makes a big difference in terms of doubt remaining with limited camera angles.

Sorry but this injustice really gets my goat!
The stupid thing is, had there been VAR the ref probably would’ve reviewed the footage and if anything only yellow carded Hanson. Yet in a post match review suddenly the decision making goes out the window!
I cannot understand how with all the tackles and cards handed out each week that the FA reviewed that challenge and uphold the original decision.

In fact by not adding the additional extra game ban aren’t they saying that they can see our point?
Additional match ban imposed by stealth as he's banned for tonight's Shaun Harvey trophy game against Fulham u11s as well as 3 league games.... fa do fa unless it involves their paymaster Murdoch's funded premiershit

I think it's time that the clubs and the players got together and set up a fund to challenge these decisions in a civil court, only then will we be taken seriously.
Certainly if our case was being presented by a barrister, with the video evidence, there is no way he could be "convicted" - rather like the courts in the 1800s "you have been convicted of stealing a loaf of bread, is there anything you would like to say before we hang you"

Plus Southend and Charlton as well. Only the EFL and FA could come up with something so half baked

Back
Top Bottom