Half time draw

Grumpy Git

Since the 50/50 half time draw was changed, I've not purchased a new ticket. I've was speaking about this on Saturday and a lot of others said they to had given up.
Saturday's first prize was £588, which is paltry compared to the 50/50 draws that for some games were paying out over £1,200. Why has the club done this re-vamp, if it ain't bust, don't fix it.

The whole half time entertainment needs looking at as well. Would rather watch a kids match between different sides each week building up to a final or even military dog back. Or cheerleaders if that’s even allowed these days

A while back I suggested to the club that the 50/50 could be restructured based on the monies received. For example:
The first available 1000 goes to the draw. If there is more than 1k then a second/third prize is drawn. I.e for £1200, 3 prizes 1k, £150, and £50 adjusted on the day.

I'm afraid a 100 quid to spend in the club shop or a couple of drinks in the middle of Oxford doesn't do it for me. So I have reduced the number of tickets I buy.

Actually when you think of only £588 1st prize money being available on a day with an attendance of 8k, suggests that only around 1200 tickets were were sold.? Either that or it is no longer a '50/50 draw' and another formula is being used.

Perhaps Oxvox could clarify?

I have not bought a ticket since it changed from 50-50. And why would any away supporter buy a ticket when none of the miner prizes would be of any interest to them?

Actually when you think of only £588 1st prize money being available on a day with an attendance of 8k, suggests that only around 1200 tickets were were sold.? Either that or it is no longer a '50/50 draw' and another formula is being used.

its a mere 15 days (and counting) to the promised and announced Fans Forum at Court Place Farm (March 1st) ...can get the answer to that question, and other issues, straight from the horses (or Eel, or tiger, or whoever/whatever beastie is in charge? ) mouth

Assuming, of course, our chairman keeps to his word, his promise, and the awaited and deferred from December fothcoming Fans Forum does take place!

its a mere 15 days (and counting) to the promised and announced Fans Forum at Court Place Farm (March 1st) ...can get the answer to that question, and other issues, straight from the horses (or Eel, or tiger, or whoever/whatever beastie is in charge? ) mouth

Assuming, of course, our chairman keeps to his word, his promise, and the awaited and deferred from December fothcoming Fans Forum does take place!
https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/january/fans-forum/
Still shown as Pep being there. Sloppy website work.

It's just a news story. Not an official flyer. I'm sure once it gets nearer t he time, a new story will be written. Much ado about nothing!!

Most of the Manor lounge stopped buying them straight after the change. Some have relented and buy 1 maybe 2 but no where near the numbers previously. None of us are the least bit interested in a "cocktail" bar or a pub nowhere near where we live.
Very sad that a source of income for the club has been usurped by some idiotic notion of sponsorship.

It's an indictment of the club and where the commercial side of the business has been neglected.

Most of the Manor lounge stopped buying them straight after the change. Some have relented and buy 1 maybe 2 but no where near the numbers previously. None of us are the least bit interested in a "cocktail" bar or a pub nowhere near where we live.
Very sad that a source of income for the club has been usurped by some idiotic notion of sponsorship.

It's an indictment of the club and where the commercial side of the business has been neglected.
I couldn't agree more.

They stopped calling it 50/50 because it isn't 50/50 anymore. They dressed it up as marketing but it was legal.

Back
Top Bottom