Gwingle gwangle

You are right, Oldham. David 'posh boy' bloody Gower gets my hackles going when he says: "Garn", instead of 'gone' and Parkibloodystarn instead of PakiSTAN. Urgh!

It’s actually more like PARKistan…

The letter 'a'. Oop North, its pwonounced 'A', as in cat and dahn Sarf its pwonounced 'A' as in day. David Gower is pwonounced 'posh' as in 'dick'. Bloody great batsman though!

On a serious note, it pisseth me orff when people say "Sarfend", it's Sowthend.

It's the amount of people who mispronounce the word pronunciation that really gets my goat.

Here's another one; repeating a descriptive word. Here's an example; "Oxford United had a wonderful, wonderful chance to win the game'. Why is it wonderful, wonderful? It is really, really important for this to happen. Twice really? Why?

Repetition, Repetition for emphasis, emphasis, I suppose.

Reminds me of Australia’s illustrious Tony Abbott, who says everything twice ... everything twice.

Amersham Dave "Oop North, its pwonounced 'A', as in cat and dahn Sarf its pwonounced 'A' as in day."

surely thats "A" as in dark (not day)

off on a slight tangent, via a bizzare conversation I had last night .... it appears Germans have a problem trying to say the word squirrel .... ( to be fair I have problems pronouncing lots of words in German) .....

Back
Top Bottom