Guest of Honour

Could invite Pekalski for a future guest, after all hes still officially on our books....isnt he?

I want them to invite the defensive colussus that is Lee Jarman and ask him to show his amazing turning circle.

As for Manny, only memorable because people struggled to pronounce his name and he was the cause of West Ham getting chucked out of a Cup (League Cup?) as he wasn't registered to play.

To be fair, considering our fortunes in the last 20 years or so, there aren't that many players that are big names to write home about to fulfill this task. We've had the likes of Roofe, Macdonald, Constable, Clist from the more recent successful teams.

Was shocked to see that Manny was with us for 4 years playing around 80 times.

I can remember hearing on RadOx or in OM that Omoyimni was pronounced like "Annoying Me". Manny Annoying Me :)

To be fair, considering our fortunes in the last 20 years or so, there aren't that many players that are big names to write home about to fulfill this task. We've had the likes of Roofe, Macdonald, Constable, Clist from the more recent successful teams.

Funnily enough so was he!

You could have any of the regulars in our recent promotion seasons but there is a dearth otherwise. I would add the likes of Peter Leven as well though as he did provide some spectacular moments.

I think Ricky Sappleton should be asked to come just to see if the crowd as a whole remember him at all.

Last edited:
I was always fond of Manny in a hope-than-expectation sort of way. Mazy dribbles against opposition defences and blistering speed only to see him hopelessly smash the ball over or wide of the target. It’s of no surprise that he mustered only nine goals. Three per season that he was here.

Nevertheless, he was never on the losing side whenever he did find the target!

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage/goals/275/

I’ve genuinely like to see what happened to Doudou. Most ex-players you can find at least some online presence that they continue to exist like a infrequently updated Twitter account or their name against the new line of business that they’re in. Doudou genuinely appeared to disappear off the face of the earth!

Where do you go after you've invited Peter Fear? Only the Bus and Slabber left to go!
Oi, I'll have you know I've a framed and signed Peter Fear shirt on my wall. It was sl pickings that year to be fair...

I was always fond of Manny in a hope-than-expectation sort of way. Mazy dribbles against opposition defences and blistering speed only to see him hopelessly smash the ball over or wide of the target. It’s of no surprise that he mustered only nine goals. Three per season that he was here.

I’ve genuinely like to see what happened to Doudou. Most ex-players you can find at least some online presence that they continue to exist like a infrequently updated Twitter account or their name against the new line of business that they’re in. Doudou genuinely appeared to disappear off the face of the earth!

I still remember his first appearance away at Rochdale- dynamite!

Think im going to make a mission to hunt him down.

Genuinely thought Manny would shoot us to promotion when he signed. Denis did sign some shite that summer.

Manny seemed to be with us for ages. He did score one absolutely brilliant goal at the Manor - unfortunately it was for Gillingham

Here's your man Doudou back in Dakar five years back...

The league version of Yemi.

When we signed Manny, my friend bet me a tenner that he'd score 20 league goals that season. I took that bet very quickly and then gave him reserve team games. Later I extended it to include training but I still collected the tenner.

At 20 games a season we were always going to exhaust this, I look forward to seeing my mates who played in the youth team 25 years ago and got released after a couple of sub appearances in the reserves doing one, can’t be far off.

A decent venue to drink in at the ground would work better than running a not bad idea into the ground, but we are screwed there.

I liked Manny. Stop slagging him. There’s been plenty worse.

I say get the real old timers back so we can have one last boo. Or cheer if you’re so minded.

Ray Gaston, Roy Clayton, Archie White, Brian Drysdale, Malcolm Page....

What about good old Max Briggs and that goal machine Garry Smart ?

I liked Manny. Stop slagging him. There’s been plenty worse.

I say get the real old timers back so we can have one last boo. Or cheer if you’re so minded.

Ray Gaston, Roy Clayton, Archie White, Brian Drysdale, Malcolm Page....

What about good old Max Briggs and that goal machine Garry Smart ?

Garry Smart was a decent player when you consider he was playing at Championship level, just like Matt Murphy played a good chunk of his career for us at that level but they get slagged off. I would say both were a damn sight better than Manny in their respective positions.

Back
Top Bottom