Home Match Day Thread Guest of honour v donny

Malcolm Crosby was at the Charlton game. I don't know if he has something to do with them these days?

Malcolm Crosby was at the Charlton game. I don't know if he has something to do with them these days?
Didnt cosby go on to manage scum? Or have some official involvement at the skip?

At least the scum will own their skip, which is at least is an historic football ground with four stands. Now. Shoot me.

I remember Dennis smith coming over to the London rd to try and explain why he had picked the team he did, didn’t he realise you couldn’t hear him very well with a microphone shoved in front of him let alone trying to talk to the entire London rd. good man though, I’ll certainly give him a good round of applause.

I remember Dennis smith coming over to the London rd to try and explain why he had picked the team he did, didn’t he realise you couldn’t hear him very well with a microphone shoved in front of him let alone trying to talk to the entire London rd. good man though, I’ll certainly give him a good round of applause.
Yeah I remember that, fair play to him. Hadn't we lost something like 5 in a row at the beginning of the season?

According to his autobiography, which is a good read, esp Oxford chapter, he played a major role in th design of the kaz stad.

Didn’t he hold the record for the most broken bones for a footballer in a career? Weird fact if I’ve got it right?

ahem, 9.

London Rd, Osler Rd terrace, Osler Rd Home seats, Osler Rd Away seats, Cuckoo Lane, those 2 small stands in the corner, Beech Rd Stand and Beech Rd terrace.

Yep, I miss it too.
Ah, well I lumped the Osler into one, the seats didn't exist in 1983/4, which I take as our glory season. But I take your point.

I loved The Manor.

I thought Dave Penney might have been invited as he got Doncaster up from the Conference to League One and did well for us. Maybe next season.Always remember that 6-0 win all headers....those were the days

Man, that 95/96 side that Denis Smith put together was something else.

Rock solid back five (Whitehead, Robinson, Mike Ford, Gilchrist & Elliott) that played almost every game. Still rate Matt Elliott as the best player I've ever seen in a yellow shirt (I started watching at the start of the 90s).

Dave Smith holding down the middle of the park, whilst Bobby Ford or Massey pulled the strings. Beauchamp, Allen & Angel rampaging down the wings.

Then Moods bullying everyone up front, with David Rush and Martin Aldridge on hand to snipe.

Even have fond memories of Matt Murphy coming off the bench what seemed like every game.

Appleton's promotion side was good - but DNEMSO's 95/96 team was better.

Obviously his second spell at the club was short and not very sweet. But at least we stayed up that year.

Last edited:
That was a great and entertaining team.
The Dorchester game 9-1 was amazing in that Ken Veysey was man of the match. Could have been 15

Man, that 95/96 side that Denis Smith put together was something else.

Rock solid back five (Whitehead, Robinson, Mike Ford, Gilchrist & Elliott) that played almost every game. Still rate Matt Elliott as the best player I've ever seen in a yellow shirt (I started watching at the start of the 90s).

Dave Smith holding down the middle of the park, whilst Bobby Ford or Massey pulled the strings. Beauchamp, Allen & Angel rampaging down the wings.

Then Moods bullying everyone up front, with David Rush and Martin Aldridge on hand to snipe.

Even have fond memories of Matt Murphy coming off the bench what seemed like every game.

Appleton's promotion side was good - but DNEMSO's 95/96 team was better.

Obviously his second spell at the club was short and not very sweet. But at least we stayed up that year.
Matt Murphy off the bench and scoring important goals! Amazing stuff...you forgot Martin Grey and everyone's friend Jemo.

Back
Top Bottom