League Two Grimsby Town striker Stefan Payne

West Oxon U’s

Mariners striker Stefan Payne was red carded at Bradford City yesterday for head butting team mate Filipe Morais.

EyoYw-iWgAU9y4-

Last edited:
Their protracted takeover finally seems to be going through after a turbulent couple of years. Current owner Fenty seems to be an interesting character, deputy council leader, links to convicted fraudster.

Wasn't it Grimsby that arch-nutter Ian Holloway briefly managed this season?

Their protracted takeover finally seems to be going through after a turbulent couple of years. Current owner Fenty seems to be an interesting character, deputy council leader, links to convicted fraudster.
An ideal sort of chap, who would appeal to the EFL nine ringwraiths as 'fit & proper' .... and probably fit in well, as one of their own too, I'd say

Yes. He left as he fell out with Fenty iirc.
He wasn't best pleased that the best players didn't have their contracts renewed in the summer, or were offered contracts with a whole bunch of Covid related clauses in (which apparently meant that there was option not to pay them, and also to break contract without penalty) which they and quit a few attempted new signings turned down. Holloway was also supposed to be a shareholder and director of the club - but for reasons unknown (whether him or Fenty) the purchase of shares never happened which seems to have annoyed him too.

He wasn't best pleased that the best players didn't have their contracts renewed in the summer, or were offered contracts with a whole bunch of Covid related clauses in (which apparently meant that there was option not to pay them, and also to break contract without penalty) which they and quit a few attempted new signings turned down. Holloway was also supposed to be a shareholder and director of the club - but for reasons unknown (whether him or Fenty) the purchase of shares never happened which seems to have annoyed him too.
Holloway is an oddball (which is not a bad thing!) and seems like a decent bloke from what I've read about him. I am not surprised he went if the owner was trying to put clauses like that into player contracts and the agreed shareholding 'fell through'.

Back
Top Bottom